ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Shortage occupation - wrong category. Help please :)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sufian.alawneh
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Shortage occupation - wrong category. Help please :)

Post by sufian.alawneh » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi all,

I have a question in regards to something that has been bugging me for a couple of days and I am hoping someone can help me!

I am about to apply for a tier 2 general from within the country - I have found a new employer and it's for a change of employment. I am an electrical engineer working in the power distribution industry. I fall under category 2123 in the codes of practice and also on the shortage occupation list. Under Code 2123 there are two categories : "Power Systems Engineer" and "Other". While it makes sense I should fall under "Power Systems Engineer" as all my past experience, and the job I have been offered fall within this industry, the person doing my SoC mistakenly put me under "other". I have brought this to HR's attention and they then called the Home Office who said that if they need this changed then they will need to cancel this CoS and issue a new one from scratch. HR have now advised me to apply anyway and see what happens.

I have not sent my application yet. Could my application be refused because of this? And if so how long does it take to issue a new CoS should I succeed in persuading the HR team to do that?

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 Shortage occupation - wrong category. Help please

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:08 am

What is your current SOC code?
Shah

sufian.alawneh
Newly Registered

Post by sufian.alawneh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Shah,

My current SoC code is 2123 (electrical engineers). I don't know under which category though. The new SoC is also on 2123.

sufian.alawneh
Newly Registered

Post by sufian.alawneh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Any ideas anyone, please??