ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Questnet
Newly Registered

FLR(M) application

Post by Questnet » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm very new to the site. Can anyone please let me know when exactly should I apply FLR (M) under 5 year route. I got entry clearance and spouse visa to the UK almost 2 1/2 years back (33 months). My visa expires in early November this year. I'm in doubt whether I can apply now or have to wait till I finish 30 months of physical presence in the UK. Please reply me as soon as possible. Please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm

You should ideally apply within 28 days of your current visa expiring, either in person or by post. If you apply too early, you will have a shortfall later on and will possibly need another extension to cover a couple of months.

You also have to pay the health surcharge of £500 before you apply for your extension. This is in addition to the visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Questnet
Newly Registered

Post by Questnet » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 am

Thank you very much for the information. I think either we can apply before 28 days of expiry or 28 days before completing 30 months in the UK (i.e after 29 months and 2days of stay). is my understanding correct?. Thanx in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Yes to both questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.