ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and citizenship queries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Santyroger
Newly Registered

ILR and citizenship queries

Post by Santyroger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi all,

I have some queries on getting ILR and UK citizenship.
I have been in UK since sep 2009.
2009-12 ========>Students visa
2012-till date====>PSW and tier 2

I am getting married on mid or late 2016. Then I am planning to quit my job and switch to tier 2 dependent. ['cos i am relocating to Glasgow since my fiance is working there]
So, by early 2017 I will be having more than 7 years of UK residency without any long breaks under a variety of visa categories.

My question is when can I apply for ILR or citizenship?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and citizenship queries

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:42 pm

If you switch visa categories, you will re-set your immigration clock and will need to complete a further 5 years, or wait until you have 10 years of long residence before qualifying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Santyroger
Newly Registered

Re: ILR and citizenship queries

Post by Santyroger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:44 pm

ok thanks for your reply. That really helps me to plan ahead.
Thanks again.