ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Six Year cap

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vaibhav1s
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Six Year cap

Post by vaibhav1s » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi,

I was looking at UKBA guidelines for Tier 2 Extension and came across to following text - (Page 24 of Tier 2 Policy guidance version 03/2015)
77. If you are already in the UK and were initially granted leave in Tier 2 (General) under the
Rules in place on or after 14 June 2012 and you have not since been granted leave to
remain, entry clearance or leave to enter in any other route, you can apply to extend your
stay for the maximum period of 6 years. Please note that you will not be able to extend
beyond 6 years. You will also not be able to reapply to return to the UK under Tier 2 until 12
months after your last leave under Tier 2 expired or can show you have been outside the UK
for 12 months, whichever is sooner, unless you will be paid a gross annual salary of
£155,300 or more. This will be the case even if you have been in Tier 2 for less than 6 years.
I am now concerned because I am completing Six years on Tier 2 next year. Below is my visa history -
Sep 2010 - Jan 2013 (Tier 2 ICT)
Feb 2013 - Jan 2016 (Tier 2 General)

Does the six years cap on Tier 2 include my previous stay as Tier 2 ICT. The guidance notes are not clear. Please advise.

Link to the guidance notes -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

ravi_ei

Re: Tier 2 General - Six Year cap

Post by ravi_ei » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 am

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General - Six Year cap

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:47 pm

vaibhav1s wrote:Hi,

I was looking at UKBA guidelines for Tier 2 Extension and came across to following text - (Page 24 of Tier 2 Policy guidance version 03/2015)
77. If you are already in the UK and were initially granted leave in Tier 2 (General) under the
Rules in place on or after 14 June 2012
and you have not since been granted leave to
remain, entry clearance or leave to enter in any other route, you can apply to extend your
stay for the maximum period of 6 years. Please note that you will not be able to extend
beyond 6 years. You will also not be able to reapply to return to the UK under Tier 2 until 12
months after your last leave under Tier 2 expired or can show you have been outside the UK
for 12 months, whichever is sooner, unless you will be paid a gross annual salary of
£155,300 or more.
The guidance notes are clear.

Were you on a tier 2 general before 2012? No. This rule is only applicable to Tier 2 (General) visas. Tier 2 (ICT) are a different category.