ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misspelled name on Biometric enrolment letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Misspelled name on Biometric enrolment letter

Post by federyko1979 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi

It's just a matter of one letter. I have misspelled name. On the letter it's "i" instead of "a". All other is ok. I have already sent email informing them about it to NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but didn't get any confirmation or anything. Today I called 03001232253 and spoke with 3 people who gave me 3 different answers. First one said to sent email the same I already did and said it will be 5 working days to get another letter. Second time the same answer but the time suddenly expanded to 10 weeks. The third time I finally got to someone sensible - she took my details and said she will send email (I didn't ask if it was the same as I have) saying someone will call back within 5 working days.
My only concern is the 15 working days to do the biometrics. I just don't want them to void the application because I didn't do the biometrics. What do yous recommend? Shall I wait or do it with the wrong name and then try to explain that I tried to contact them but no one answered within 15 days?

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Re: Misspelled name on Biometric enrolment letter

Post by federyko1979 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:06 am

So guys? Any suggestions?

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 am

Guys can you please help me?

I just got a call from Homeoffice saying basically the same - that i should send an email to nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk He's saying that they didn't get any of my emails (sent couple of them using different emails) He said that after an email to that address you should get automated reply and that he gets that automated response. I never got even one.

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO THAT ADDRESS AND PLEASE SAY IF YOU GOT THAT AUTOMATED RESPONSE BACK?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Try sending an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as well.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Try sending an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as well.
I only got a reply that my message has been scanned by Government antivirus.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Did the issue get sorted?
Will help forum members if you can share how.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 pm

geriatrix wrote:Did the issue get sorted?
Will help forum members if you can share how.
Sorry for the long reply. I've sent email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they forwarded it to NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and it was sorted in around 3 weeks time