ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA reply over Naturalization employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: UKBA reply over Naturalization employment history

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Hmrc retrieval centre has record from 1948:
http://robertleach.co.uk/2013/08/reques ... from-hmrc/

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:27 am

cool mind wrote:How about if a person doing 2 zero hour part time jobs then should the both need to write or one. If two jobs then where the 2nd job should write??
Cool mind - did you get a response to your question, perhaps from elsewhere? If so, would you mind sharing? I suppose your question is about how best this can be represented on the form without appearing to be 'overworking'. E.g. a student who is only allowed to work 20 hours a week and is registered with multiple agencies. The student picks work from these various agencies depending on how the work comes, but ensures that he/she stays within the 20 hours a week limit. I suppose all agencies would have to be included under the period in question, making it seem like the student worked many hours???

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:37 am

ScopeD wrote:
cool mind wrote:How about if a person doing 2 zero hour part time jobs then should the both need to write or one. If two jobs then where the 2nd job should write??
Cool mind - did you get a response to your question, perhaps from elsewhere? If so, would you mind sharing? I suppose your question is about how best this can be represented on the form without appearing to be 'overworking'. E.g. a student who is only allowed to work 20 hours a week and is registered with multiple agencies. The student picks work from these various agencies depending on how the work comes, but ensures that he/she stays within the 20 hours a week limit. I suppose all agencies would have to be included under the period in question, making it seem like the student worked many hours???
Nope its not that mean. My mean that if presently someone doing two part time jobs but on the form the space is for one job then whether need to write one job or both??
About students then read universal soldiers comments who is 2000% right because its not to check number of hours. And students were allowed working especially when semester break, next semester waiting, writing thesis, course completion, summer vacation and much more when can work full time.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:46 am

cool mind wrote:
ScopeD wrote:
Nope its not that mean. My mean that if presently someone doing two part time jobs but on the form the space is for one job then whether need to write one job or both??
About students then read universal soldiers comments who is 2000% right because its not to check number of hours. And students were allowed working especially when semester break, next semester waiting, writing thesis, course completion, summer vacation and much more when can work full time.
Thanks Cool Mind. I can't find Universal Soldier's comment about students working. Would you be able to provide me with a link?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:50 am

ScopeD wrote:Nope its not that mean. My mean that if presently someone doing two part time jobs but on the form the space is for one job then whether need to write one job or both??
Thanks Cool Mind. I can't find Universal Soldier's comment about students working. Would you be able to provide me with a link?
Don't worry Cool Mind. I found the comment. Thanks.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi

I think limited company directors are not considered as self employed. They will have to tick Director on the form. People like sole traders are self employed and need self assessment details from HMRC.

I couldn't find any document or guide where it says limited company directors have to provide HMRC tax record. Also, please can anyone confirm since when limited company directors will have to provide proof of NI contributions? What if a person no longer a limited company director but was at the time of Tier 1 extension only and got ILR on the basis of permanent employment?

Does this effect applications made before April 5?

Thanks.

gaganjyot
Newly Registered

Post by gaganjyot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Do I have to provide self employed details as well or only when I was employed

Bc4indian

Post by Bc4indian » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:04 am

fn286 wrote:Hi

I think limited company directors are not considered as self employed. They will have to tick Director on the form. People like sole traders are self employed and need self assessment details from HMRC.

I couldn't find any document or guide where it says limited company directors have to provide HMRC tax record. Also, please can anyone confirm since when limited company directors will have to provide proof of NI contributions? What if a person no longer a limited company director but was at the time of Tier 1 extension only and got ILR on the basis of permanent employment?

Thanks.

See the link below for caseworkers instructions

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... utions.pdf

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:55 am

gaganjyot wrote:Do I have to provide self employed details as well or only when I was employed

this link doesnt work please share the correct link. Thanks.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 am

Hi

This link of caseworker instructions is not working. Please share the correct link. thanks.

Bc4indian wrote:
fn286 wrote:Hi

Thanks.

See the link below for caseworkers instructions

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... utions.pdf

spikey

Post by spikey » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:30 am

Is this applicable for the applications made before 29th May.
The form I filled had no mention of 10 years of employment history.

Bc4indian

Post by Bc4indian » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:38 pm

fn286 wrote:
gaganjyot wrote:Do I have to provide self employed details as well or only when I was employed

Please see the full list here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-volume-2

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi

The document states only below will require checks from HMRC:
- persons of independent means (POIMS); or
- sole representatives; or
- self-employed; or
- in business as sole traders; or
- in business as partners/directors in a company

Please note these are all self employed/business persons. I think sole representative is a person representing a foreign business in UK. I don't think HO will conducts HMRC checks for employed applicants. Also, what if someone is no longer a director but was during last 5-10 years?

Bc4indian wrote:
fn286 wrote:

Please see the full list here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-volume-2

Bc4indian

Post by Bc4indian » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:12 pm

what if someone is no longer a director but was during last 5-10 years?
No Idea after the adding new 10 years history page in new form they might do that checks as well and this will add extra time to the processing I believe.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:08 pm

It doesn't matter that which version of form whether with new section of employment history or not. Because your nino even date of birth is enough to check or extract the past data if they need. I don't think they check everyone rather only check if some suspicious arise. For example self employed people who show more earning with outstanding taxes or fake trading activities.

Bc4indian

Post by Bc4indian » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Universal soldier wrote:It doesn't matter that which version of form whether with new section of employment history or not. Because your nino even date of birth is enough to check or extract the past data if they need. I don't think they check everyone rather only check if some suspicious arise. For example self employed people who show more earning with outstanding taxes or bad quality trading activities.
Hope this should be the case.

Anais2015
Newly Registered

Post by Anais2015 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Universal soldier wrote:I don't know that whether is it suitable to attach employment history but again repeating what I guess that they don't care where you work. They try to locate your weak immigration history in past and then ask as how you support yourself during that period and if you have no right of work then under good character they will refuse. Maybe they preferring that applicant itself admit his guilt without they even refer HMRC. That's what I guess.
I was asked to provide additional information as I had to replace my passport, the case worker made it clear that they need p60 or payslip to demonstrate to the home Secretary that I meet the residence requirement.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:01 am

Anais2015 wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:I don't know that whether is it suitable to attach employment history but again repeating what I guess that they don't care where you work. They try to locate your weak immigration history in past and then ask as how you support yourself during that period and if you have no right of work then under good character they will refuse. Maybe they preferring that applicant itself admit his guilt without they even refer HMRC. That's what I guess.
I was asked to provide additional information as I had to replace my passport, the case worker made it clear that they need p60 or payslip to demonstrate to the home Secretary that I meet the residence requirement.
Anais2015 wrote:

They probably not have information of your replacement passport and that's why. Why you get replacements passport, is because it was lost??

Anais2015
Newly Registered

Post by Anais2015 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Universal soldier wrote:
Anais2015 wrote:
Anais2015 wrote:

They probably not have information of your replacement passport and that's why. Why you get replacements passport, is because it was lost??
That's true. As I had to renew it.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm

March_LR14 wrote:I got my past 6 years employment history letter from HMRC today. I still don't remember the dates of my employment which i did in 2006. If i put the guess dates and HO checks with hmrc and finds them incorrect will that be considered as deception on my part?
Wonder how long that took. I requested the same in June. Mid July I gave up waiting and requested a SAR instead. Funny story, both arrived in a matter of days from each other.

I received the SAR after 38 days, two days short of the legal maximum, so that is fine. Although they sent two letters, anyway today I got the employment history .... 65 days after I requested it.

Employment history: 2 pages 65 days
SAR: 35 pages 38 days

Go figure

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi

Just wondering I've almost all of my 12 years worth of p60's are available but I think its never ever a requirement to send the P60's along with your application form and documents. I've also got all of my Old and new Passports intact together.

Just wanted to know if I apply shall I send the copies of all of my P60's. I've noticed that it'll be asked only if there's a problem with the applicants documents.

2nd question I would like to ask here is that I would like to send the copies of all the pages of my passports with Visas and entry and exit stamps on it do you think is this is a good idea ??

Well sadly I am still at least almost an year away to apply for mine don't know till that time if they'll still be issuing BC or not :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Just because I got 6 points on my license in the year Jan 2013.

Waiting for your useful replies.

Many thanks

ElWilly
Newly Registered

Post by ElWilly » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:34 am

Hi all, I still not sure about this employment history thing. I have been here since 2003 and I arrived as student and I have just finished my post grad on 2010. I am applying for a British citizenship and i have a few questions:
1. Do I really need a employment history letter from HMRC? If so where does it states this? I cant seem to find this requirement. Or is it from experience from previous applicants that this might be asked?

2. I haven't been working for 10 years only for the last 4 is this an issue?

Thanks for your time and kind regards.

William

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi,

Its not a requirement at all from the UKVI to provide them with an Employment history from the HMRC.

you just have to write the details of the employers you've worked for in the last 10 years. that's all to the best of my understanding don't know any thing more than that.

if you are not working for the last 10 years then UKVI might ask you to provide them with some evidence how you'll be surviving for those 6 years in which you haven't worked on which type of income or support you were relying upon ???

Good luck for your BC application.

ElWilly
Newly Registered

Post by ElWilly » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi and thanks for your reply, before I was working I was a student (from 2003 to 2010) and I was supported by my family funding (so I was under a student visa) what do I need to provide to them in this case?

Regards.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:43 pm

ElWilly wrote:Hi and thanks for your reply, before I was working I was a student (from 2003 to 2010) and I was supported by my family funding (so I was under a student visa) what do I need to provide to them in this case?Regards.
You don't need to provide any evidence unless they have asked for it in form and read guide as well. If they send a query after you have applied, any evidence of support you received for instance money deposited into your account etc... could be furnished.

But i don't think they would expect you to keep records of funding going back to 2005-2010, nobody would have it. Nor was this a naturalization requirement those days so prospective future applicants could prepare for it.
I am no one only GOD knows the best