ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused in Kingston due to overstaying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missbenz5474
Newly Registered

Visa refused in Kingston due to overstaying

Post by missbenz5474 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Hubby had his interview today he was refused the visa on the grounds that he had previously overstayed in the Uk. He has to collect our documents and the refusal note on Monday I will post if they add any other reasons for refusal.What do you think will be best for us to do appeal this or re-apply??? I do not see how we can improve his chances of getting the visa if they use his previous overstay as a reason to refuse because it is something we cannot change.Any advice will be appreciated

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:23 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=20058

Check this out..... maybe they are coming down hard on overstayers now!
Hope you win the appeal!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

This is a spouse visa, I presume?

How long did he overstay for, and for what reason?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

missbenz5474
Newly Registered

Post by missbenz5474 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:06 am

Sorry yes it was for a spouse visa,he overstayed by nearly 2 years.He had already overstayed when I first met him

fahad

Expalin in details what excatly ECO mention in the decision

Post by fahad » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:30 am

You have both option go for appeal which you should and if you wnat apply as a fresh application.

send decision in details