ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for wife and 20 months infant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faislondon
BANNED

visa for wife and 20 months infant

Post by faislondon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Dear All,

I am going to apply for Dependent visa for my wife & daughter 20 months old in Sept. I am holding ILR.

I just wanted to know if I need to show a Studio flat or 1 Bedroom flat.

Thank you in advance :D
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: accomodation requirements for wife and 20 months infant

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 pm

1 bedroom as a child over 12 months is considered half a person. i.e 2.5 persons = 1 bedroom assuming you also have living space with can be considered in the calculation. (not kit chen & bathroom)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

faislondon
BANNED

Provisional tenancy agreement for the family

Post by faislondon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Dear All,

I am about to gather all the paper work for my wife and kid. I am living in a sigle room at the moment. I was wondering if I get a provisional tenancy agreement from a Lease agent to show to the Home Office back home that I can rent this property once they get their visa?

It makes no sense to lease 1 bedroom flat before the application & pay the rent unnecessarily until they get their visa(2-3 months).

Also Since I have a wife and 18 months daughter I guess I need to rent 1 bedroom flat with living area? Is this correct.

I will appreciate your kind inputs.

Thank you

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 pm

faislondon wrote:It makes no sense to lease 1 bedroom flat before the application & pay the rent unnecessarily until they get their visa(2-3 months).
Do you not have to prove as a part of the application that you have suitable accommodation and therefore have rented the one-bedroom flat before you apply for their visa?

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi SecretSimon,

Thats my question mate?

Can anyone please advise me on this?

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:03 pm

I doubt whether a property agent will give you a 'provisional' lease agreement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello Casa,

Sorry to say. But thats not my question. If I could manage to get a tenency agreement provisionally would that be acceptable?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:28 pm

I doubt that getting a tenant agreement "provisionally" (whatever that is) would be sufficient.

Think about it. The caseworker will know that there is so much demand in the UK housing market that a provisional tenancy agreement is not worth the paper it is written on, especially given that the application will not have been looked at for 2-3 months.

Why would a landlord or letting agent give you a tenancy agreement provisionally if he has a line of potential tenants looking to move in tomorrow and pay rent from tomorrow?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 pm

That was my view secret.simon, but you explained it better. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you for the compliment, Casa :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:41 am

Hello,

Thank you everyone. This does makes sense. UK home office is completely taking the piss :oops: :oops:

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Ironically, this is one of the few cases where the Home Office is not at fault. The Home Office has no discretion on this point.

Part X of the Housing Act 1985 specifies in detail the definition of overcrowding. As it is defined by Act of Parliament, ministers can not alter this as they do the Immigration Rules or the definition of "good character".

The Home Office must abide by this definition and must ensure that you are not in breach of the law.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi,

I found on the Home Office website that under Accommodation requirement they are asking to provide letter and Tenancy agreement from the Landlord on the other hand they are also advising not to pay for accommodation until you get the visa. This is contradicting their own requirements.

I wonder who will provide a letter and Tenancy agreement for a property which has not been rented also how can a landlord guarantee that the same accommodation will be available in next couple of months(visa process time).

I am really confused regarding this matter. I have all my paper work ready apart from this. Currently I am in a Single room.

Could some one kindly please clarify to me how can I go about this?

Thank you

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:55 am

Hello,

Can someone kindly please reply to me question?

Many thanks :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 am

Casa has responded to your query.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: visa for wife and 20 months infant

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:27 pm

I guess the OP is failing to understand that he, in his circumstances, needs to have suitable accommodation available to him before a visa application can be made.

Simply put - rent a suitable accommodation (for real, i.e.- start living there and start paying rent), get tenancy agreement as evidence of suitable accommodation and then apply for visa.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:09 pm

faislondon wrote:Hello,

Can someone kindly please reply to me question?

Many thanks :)
Get a bigger place, apply for visa. Simples.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Thank you for your input. However on the Home office website they clearly mention not to pay for the accommodation before hand until you get the visa. I am not sure how this will work out. In this case I guess we can only make a fake tenancy agreement in the current property, provided that the flat fulfils the requirements?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:37 pm

faislondon wrote:However on the Home office website they clearly mention not to pay for the accommodation before hand until you get the visa.
Where? Link please ..

Beware of false representation and fraudulent documentation!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:35 pm

For members' interest, the board's spam register auto changes f a k e to 'bad quality. As sushdmehta has advised, submitting a fraudulent tenancy agreement stands a very strong risk of the visa being refused due to deception with a 10 year ban. Entry Officers are wise to all the tricks.
(Casa, not CR001)

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:29 am

By fake I meant a provisional agreement.

eg. I am staying in a Single room. However my house also has 1 bedroom hall Spam as well. So if I take a letter and a tenancy agreement from my landlord that I am living in this flat. Would this be enough?

Sorry for the previous confusion :lol:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am

I know you're now calling the agreement 'provisional', but you obviously first typed the word 'f a k e'. Is the agreement genuine and is the property where you will be living if your wife and daughter are granted their visas?
When you say you have a single room with a bedroom??, hall and k i t c h e n are you sharing this accommodation with anyone else?
(Casa, not CR001)

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:29 pm

I am not sure what is your definition of “”genuine””. As I explained before my house has a single room & one bedroom flat as well. I am occupied in a single room. There is someone else living in 1 bedroom flat at the moment. But I have spoken to the landlord & he agreed to give me the agreement for 1 bedroom flat for visa purposes. I might not live in the same house after I get the visa.

Does home office visit’s the house to check personally who is living in the acclaimed house?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Then you can't submit a false report from the landlord. There will almost certainly be a way in which the Home Office can easily trace who is living in the property, even without visiting. It may be something simple such as the occupants of the flat claiming tax credits or child & housing benefit. All Government departments share information which is held on record. You're risking a 10 year ban for your wife and daughter simply to save on a higher rent by moving to a suitable property. Is it worth it??

My definition of 'genuine' would be the same as the Home Office - honest, bona fide, truthful, authentic.
(Casa, not CR001)

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Casa,

So why do they say on their website don't pay for accommodation & flights until you get the visa?

Kindly please check the link below :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf