ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Probationary Period Under Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonram91
Newly Registered

Working Probationary Period Under Tier 4

Post by jonram91 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:19 am

If a job offer for a full-time position is received, can someone holding a Tier 4 visa work full-time under the probationary period?

Assuming:

1. The probationary period will lead to a permanent offer of employment.

2. Full-time work outside of term time.

In other words, although permanent positions are not allowed under Tier 4, are probationary periods of employment allowed?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Working Probationary Period Under Tier 4

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 am

i think you are making things difficult for yourself.. lets try and make it simple according to the rules, because the rules are very simple. :)

1. 20 hours max work allowed during term time
2. full time work allowed during off term. it is when you have summer, winter, Easter vacations and even after your course ends until you start a new course

in your given scenario or assumption if your probationary period falls when you are off term, then yes you can work full time, and continue to do until;
1.your visa runs out or,
2. your term starts or,
3. if you are sponsored by the firm you are working under the tier 2.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:10 am

aaliya1986 wrote:in your given scenario or assumption if your probationary period falls when you are off term, then yes you can work full time, and continue to do until;
1.your visa runs out or,
2. your term starts or,
3. if you are sponsored by the firm you are working under the tier 2.
I only agree with 3. 1 and 2 would only be possible if it was a temporary job.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jonram91
Newly Registered

Post by jonram91 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks for your replies! So as long as the position is still probationary (and not permanent), I can work part-time during term time and full-time after term ends (i.e. during vacations and after the official end date of my program).

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:36 am

Don't all jobs include a probationary period? It does not sound like a temporary job to me. As such, I would not advise that you do it under Tier 4 leave, unless it is a Tier 2 job with a pending application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.