ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect travel dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timw
Newly Registered

Incorrect travel dates

Post by timw » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:02 am

Hi,

Can you let me know what happens if some of my travel dates are incorrect in the citizenship application?

How are these checked for accuracy and how strict is the requirement to list all dates?

The trips I am afraid I could miss are in Europe so not stamp on passport.

Not sure if this can be picked up and what are the consequences.

Does anyone know about this issue?

Thanks in advance.
TW

Gomjaba

Re: Incorrect travel dates

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:51 am

I was worried about the same thing. I am from the EU and therefore don't have any stamps of trips to my home country to visit my parents.

What I have done instead - and I am glad I did - is request my e-border data from the border agency via SAR (Subject Access Request)

I asked initially whether it is worth it and I got the following replu
Dear Sir,

Please be advised that we do not hold all data electronically for entries/exits to/from the United Kingdom. Although you may have seen reference to the Home Office’s e-Borders system, you should be aware that this, so far, only covers a percentage of passenger movements in and out of the United Kingdom. A journey may therefore have been undertaken which is not covered by e-Borders.

All requests for e-Borders data must include the subject’s passport number.

Kind regards

Samantha Lodge
Subject Access Request Unit
Customer Service / Correspondence Team
I have one requested anyway, providing my European passport details and I received 7 pages of entries and exists !! Including some I completely forgot. I know I left more often than that so I put the dates in the form my parents told me.

Based on the SAR they don't have the records of that particular trip anyway.

Bear in mind - legally they have 40 days to respond. I received the acknowledgement on May 21st and the result June 22nd, but they may still use all 40 days so if your application is urgent, then you might have to guess and mention it in the cover letter as they may as well pull the data from the border agencies anyway (they do say in the AN form that they will contact "other agencies" to confirm whatever needs confirming)

timw
Newly Registered

Post by timw » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Thank you very much for your input.

Can anyone advise what happens if I miss some dates? What are the consequences?

jalinchan
BANNED

Post by jalinchan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Gomjaba wrote:I was worried about the same thing. I am from the EU and therefore don't have any stamps of trips to my home country to visit my parents.

What I have done instead - and I am glad I did - is request my e-border data from the border agency via SAR (Subject Access Request)

I asked initially whether it is worth it and I got the following replu
Dear Sir,

Please be advised that we do not hold all data electronically for entries/exits to/from the United Kingdom. Although you may have seen reference to the Home Office’s e-Borders system, you should be aware that this, so far, only covers a percentage of passenger movements in and out of the United Kingdom. A journey may therefore have been undertaken which is not covered by e-Borders.

All requests for e-Borders data must include the subject’s passport number.

Kind regards

Samantha Lodge
Subject Access Request Unit
Customer Service / Correspondence Team
I have one requested anyway, providing my European passport details and I received 7 pages of entries and exists !! Including some I completely forgot. I know I left more often than that so I put the dates in the form my parents told me.

Based on the SAR they don't have the records of that particular trip anyway.

Bear in mind - legally they have 40 days to respond. I received the acknowledgement on May 21st and the result June 22nd, but they may still use all 40 days so if your application is urgent, then you might have to guess and mention it in the cover letter as they may as well pull the data from the border agencies anyway (they do say in the AN form that they will contact "other agencies" to confirm whatever needs confirming)
Did you received only 5 Years of eborder travel history data or more??

timw
Newly Registered

Post by timw » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 am

Thanks for reposting the previous reply. I did read that.

Even though it is helpful it does not answer my questions. I don't have time to ask for data from SAR.

Therefore I ask:

- How are the actual travel dates checked by the Home Office?
- What are the consequences from missing some travel dates in my application?

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:50 pm

jalinchan wrote:Did you received only 5 Years of eborder travel history data or more??
I requested all travel dates since I arrived in the UK in 2007 but the oldest noted in there was from 2013. Having said that - I don't think I traveled the first few years after my arrival. If I did - I don't remember and there are not records according to the Border Agency ... If I DID travel - the days I traveled are likely too small to count / be an issue as I was in constant work since I arrived in the UK and I only ever had 20 days of holiday / year

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:13 pm

timw wrote:Thanks for reposting the previous reply. I did read that.

Even though it is helpful it does not answer my questions. I don't have time to ask for data from SAR.

Therefore I ask:

- How are the actual travel dates checked by the Home Office?
- What are the consequences from missing some travel dates in my application?
How did your application go? Did you apply for SAR, or just put down the travel dates from memory?