ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for UK ILR dependent and UK passport holder

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

win99

Schengen visa for UK ILR dependent and UK passport holder

Post by win99 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 pm

HI,

I would like to get Schengen visa for my wife (She is holding ILR card with indian passport) and I am a British passport holder)

I have seen lot of posts in this forum as usual to get the information however i haven't got complete info as required.

My questions are

1. First of all does my wife need visa to travel with me across Europe.? (Seen admin post and couple of examples where people traveled few countries by having one member with British passport and the dependent with UK ILR card with Indian passport) it seems we are allowed to travel few countries however is there any specific EU country which will not allow UK ILR holder to travel with British passport holder .?

2. Can i get EEA family member visa for my wife to get visa for 5 years.? Where to submit this visa and what are the documentation i need to submit ?

3.If i need to appy for Schengen visa for my wife what are the documents i need to submit .? ( i had look into couple of posts as France VFS only takes minimal charge and they don't take visa fee to stamp the visa for the dependent of UK passport holder.hope this is correct.?!!

4. Is dependent of UK passport holder allowed to travel with out schengen visa to only Paris (weekend trip) and is there any specific countries which allow with out any doubt.?

5. is UK passport holder = EEA person.?

Sorry for long questions and it would be really great if i can the information for above questions.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Schengen visa for UK ILR dependent and UK passport holde

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:28 pm

win99 wrote:5. is UK passport holder = EEA person.?
Yes, but only outside the UK. Within the UK, you will be treated as a solely British citizen.
win99 wrote:2. Can i get EEA family member visa for my wife to get visa for 5 years.? Where to submit this visa and what are the documentation i need to submit ?
I do not think there is any such visa. You can apply for an EEA Family Permit for your wife from the country that you are going to, but it will typically only be valid for 6 months. It should be issued free of cost.
If you were to move to another EEA country on a permanent basis and exercise EU rights, your wife could come with you and get a Residence Card of that country for five years, based on you exercising treaty rights in that country.

Much safer to apply for a Schengen visa before you go. It should be free for your wife.

win99

Post by win99 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Simon,

thank you for the reply.

Could you please let me know on which visa, dependent will get more time period .? Schengen or EEA family permit.? and also please give me a list of documents i need to apply.? since some of the posts saying i don't need to submit my bank statements and salary slips etc.?

Do i need to translate my Indian marriage certificate.? if so where i need to get this done.? The certificate is already in English and it has the proper seal (stamp) from the marriage registaar. Can somebody who was used Indian marriage certificate to apply the Schengen visa please let me know your experience on this case.

win99

Post by win99 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Could somebody please reply to my post.?