ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concerns about UK Spouse Visa for Pakistani National

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rocky786
Newly Registered

Concerns about UK Spouse Visa for Pakistani National

Post by Rocky786 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi All,

I am a British citizen and am applying for my wife to come over to the UK from Pakistan (spouse visa).

My wife had her appointment in Lahore on 15th July. During this time the rules for document submission changed and while I sent the supporting documents to Sheffield, my solicitor wrongly advised me to send the VAF and appendix 2 to Pakistan to submit on day of her appointment.

Unfortunately, BHC Lahore did not accept the VAF and appendix 2 on the day of her appointment, but did take her passport in a sealed envelope and gave her a ref number. They advised that the transition period for new rule is 1 week and that my wife must send applications forms herself directly to Sheffield. My question:

1) She has yet to receive a confirmation email stating her documents/passport have been received - is it normal not to hear anything or should we have received an email?
2) Does this email come from Sheffield when they actually process the documents?

My solicitor wrote a covering letter explaining the mix-up with the documents and we have emailed BHC and asked them to make sure the application forms sent by my wife are linked up with the sponsor docs I sent...they have yet to reply despite promising to investigate more than a week ago. I am little worried now.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Timeline:
Married in Pakistan: 20/04/2015
Online application submitted: 2/07/2015
BHC appointment in Lahore: 15/07/2015
No confirmation email so far

ftse100

Re: Concerns about UK Spouse Visa for Pakistani National

Post by ftse100 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Did they accept pictures of the applicant or just the passport?

Rocky786
Newly Registered

Post by Rocky786 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 pm

ftse100 wrote:Did they accept pictures of the applicant or just the passport?
No pictures were accepted - just the passport. Why?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ftse100

Switching Job soon after Spouse Entry Clearance Application

Post by ftse100 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Hello All

I was just wondering could I switch to a new job soon after my spouse made entry clearance application I as being her sponsor met Cat-A of the financial requirements.

I completed 7 months with my present employer and made a spouse visa application but another job offer where I had applied some time ago has just come up. The new job offer meets the current financial requirement of 18,600 pa but it doesn't pay as much as my current job. The new job has quite social working hrs which will give me some time for myself that is why I am more interested in taking up. My question is:

1- Will the UKVI not raise any objections that why i left the job soon after making an entry clearance application?
2- Will that not be a concern for UKVI if the new job pays less than my current job under which my spouse made the entry clean?

I would appreciate your help.

Regards