ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adealerking

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by adealerking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Skype for Windows Desktop

Hold down the Windows key The Windows key on your keyboard, then press R to bring up the Run window. If you are using a touch screen device on Windows 8, you can bring up the Run window from the Search charm.
Type %appdata%\Skype into the Run window and press Enter.
Open the folder named after your Skype Name.
Find the main.db file in the folder, this file is your chat history.

Az7980
Pakistan

Post by Az7980 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:56 pm

patientlywaiting8890 wrote:@Hafsa&adilbanday

Submitted Online Application: 05-05-15
Submitted Documents + Biometrics: 07-05-2015
Received @ BHC Islamabad: 08-05-2015
Escalation Update: 27-07-15 Application Processed. Returned To VAC For Collection.

@patientlywaiting8890
Good to hear they didnt take the full 12 weeks maybe there is hope for those who wait. Anyway good luck

khani

Post by khani » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Salam everone,

Would it matter my urdu Nikah nama was registered in another city while I got NADRA registration certificate from another city with their union council stamp, ?? thanks

Az7980
Pakistan

Post by Az7980 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:39 pm

khani wrote:Salam everone,

Would it matter my urdu Nikah nama was registered in another city while I got NADRA registration certificate from another city with their union council stamp, ?? thanks

The urdu nikah nama is registered with the local union council and that said office gives the nadra certificate. I would love to know how you did that?

khani

Post by khani » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Az7980 wrote:

The urdu nikah nama is registered with the local union council and that said office gives the nadra certificate. I would love to know how you did that?
Git registered in the city where currently reside, dont live in city where urdu Nikah was registered.

nasir631

Post by nasir631 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:26 pm

khani wrote:
Az7980 wrote:

Git registered in the city where currently reside, dont live in city where urdu Nikah was registered.
Slaam To all,

If your local union council do not have the facility to print out the Nadra marriage certiciate then:
Does your nadra marriage certificate says that which city (union council) your nikkah took place? If it says the city where your nikkah actually took place then in my openion you should be OK. But better to explain it on your covering note that your local union council does not have this facility to print out the Nadra certificat.
This is just my openion and not a legal advice.
Nasir

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:38 pm

adnan111 wrote:
phaara wrote:

thank you..

also pls guide is it necessary to take screenshots of whatsapp and skype. cant we email skype and watsapp and get prinouts???
i mean do they scan our skyp and whatsapp screenshots for verification purpose etc??

also someone was saying to paste screenshots on wordfile but when i paste it was like big fonts one page per screenshots :?
I didn't take any screenshots but just did a printout.

I think that they verify all documents submitted, how they do that I don't know.

I was told by my solicitor to do screenshots of whatsApp.

Yes you are right when you copy and paste or insert a screenshot onto word document it is large and takes up the whole page but what you have to do is make it smaller. I did the same and you can have 3 screenshots on a line and 9 screenshots on each page. This way they can still read the message clearly.

I'm not sure if they will just accept the printouts.

It is long but unfortunately has to be done I did lots of screenshots from whatsApp each month for more than 6 months showing me and my wife having conversations.

And I also did the same as I FaceTime audio my wife everyday so just showed the screenshots for that on a word document.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:42 pm

Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:For WhatsApp conversations it's needs to be in English i'e our chatting as other than English. It need to be translated :( and so a few pages from like the start of every month middle and end will be sufficient. As I'm sure we lot are going beyond 1000 pages plus in some cases !!!

I got fed up and didn't want to risk it so I actually spent so much time putting my screenshots of whatsApp on word document. I did nearly everyday so like for eg. 1 message showing me saying good morning then a message showing me asking have u had lunch what did u have etc. so I had roughly around 10 pages for each month and did it for 7 months

nasir631

Post by nasir631 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Mrsain wrote:
Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:For WhatsApp conversations it's needs to be in English i'e our chatting as other than English. It need to be translated :( and so a few pages from like the start of every month middle and end will be sufficient. As I'm sure we lot are going beyond 1000 pages plus in some cases !!!

I got fed up and didn't want to risk it so I actually spent so much time putting my screenshots of whatsApp on word document. I did nearly everyday so like for eg. 1 message showing me saying good morning then a message showing me asking have u had lunch what did u have etc. so I had roughly around 10 pages for each month and did it for 7 months
Slaam,

Will there be an issue if you send your whatts app coverstaion to your email and then print out the pages you want to print off?
I am asking this becuae I have done in this way when I submitted my case but not sure would it be fine or not?

Thanks,

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Salaam All,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you guys, if it helps anyone.

Online Submission: 08/07/15
Bio and submission @ Mirpur: 13/07/15
Email confirmation: 29/07/15

The new rule of documents going to Sheffield came in force on 6 July but i didn't know at the time so I think for a few weeks they send your documents to Sheffield for you and because of the eid break I think mine took longer than usual. Normally people receive email within few days of submitting.

So I received a email today 29/07/15 saying my documents have arrived in Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by ECO.

Then I received another email saying I haven't provided a prepaid envelope for them to send my documents back to me. They asked me to send a large prepaid envelope so they can otherwise I won't receive my documents back until I do so.

It made me laugh the amount of money they charge us and still they can't post my documents back to me.

So if anyone who has submitted recently and is waiting for the email, be patient you will receive it eventually.

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:59 pm

nasir631 wrote:
Mrsain wrote:

Slaam,

Will there be an issue if you send your whatts app coverstaion to your email and then print out the pages you want to print off?
I am asking this becuae I have done in this way when I submitted my case but not sure would it be fine or not?

Thanks,
Hmm I did the same with every month from beginning of month middle and end. I Gmail the conversation to my gmail address and printed it out as layout as it's given on the Gmail email page format.
Last edited by adealerking on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:00 pm

nasir631 wrote:
Mrsain wrote:

Slaam,

Thanks,

Wsalaam

I'm not too sure tbh, I was told to do screenshots so I did but I don't know if they accept just the printouts of not.
I think they should do, but these guys are strict.

Also forgot to add my conversation was a mixture of English Urdu and Punjabi (mirpuri).

In Shaa Allah it will be fine.
Last edited by Mrsain on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Lol any you been sending well wishes miss you and love you and greeting card etc :mrgreen: they too are a big thumb up ?!!!

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:Lol any you been sending well wishes miss you and love you and greeting card etc :mrgreen: they too are a big thumb up ?!!!

Lol was embarrassed at first but yeh. My whatsApp screenshots show us both saying miss u love u etc. I sent a bday card but my solicitor said it don't matter because my wife cud of just bought the card herself. But in my case it was ok because my missus said the envelope was stamped and showed it was sent from London. And I also submitted the receipt for this and I sent her a bunch of flowers :D

In Shaa Allah I'm confident my case is very strong but it's all in the hands of Allah SWT now

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 pm

O MY ALLAH !!!!!!
really a prepaid envelope.......
The figures would scare you
If at least a 100 ppl apply per day that shy off a 1k and 600 quid is x that's over 1.5 mill a day turn over

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Mrsain wrote:
Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:Lol any you been sending well wishes miss you and love you and greeting card etc :mrgreen: they too are a big thumb up ?!!!

Lol was embarrassed at first but yeh. My whatsApp screenshots show us both saying miss u love u etc. I sent a bday card but my solicitor said it don't matter because my wife cud of just bought the card herself. But in my case it was ok because my missus said the envelope was stamped and showed it was sent from London. And I also submitted the receipt for this and I sent her a bunch of flowers :D

In Shaa Allah I'm confident my case is very strong but it's all in the hands of Allah SWT now
No offence that lawyer isn't clever the envelope the stamp and the airmail should do the talking just ask misses to keep envelope I did! !!!

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:O MY ALLAH !!!!!!
If at least a 100 ppl apply per day that shy off a 1k and 600 quid is x that's over 1.5 mill a day turn over
Yep exactly.
I didn't know other wise I would of sent it with my case.

Before it was from Mirpur to Islamabad and then back to Mirpur that's y when u collect the passport u collect the documents as well.

So now on anyone sending to Sheffield send a prepaid envelope large enough with ur documents

patientlywaiting8890
Newly Registered

Post by patientlywaiting8890 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Mrs.Fakhar wrote:
patientlywaiting8890 wrote:As-salamu alaykum brother's and sister's. Can someone please tell me how many days/weeks you have to wait to pick up a passport once you receive this message.. "This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre for collection."

Please keep me in your prayers. Jazaaqallah
Wassalam, have u got only one mail??
i am not sure but i think u'll get a call when its ready for collection.
You have submitted docs frm ISB na??..
Are processing times different if u submit frm mirpur or lhr or krachi?? Any early May applicants from mirpur got an email for collection???
Yes just one email Monday morning (27/07/2015) and documents were submitted in Islamabad. Im not sure about processing times with different cities. Maybe someone with abit more knowledge could answer that one. In shaa Allah you wont have to wait long. What is your timeline?

patientlywaiting8890
Newly Registered

Post by patientlywaiting8890 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Az7980 wrote:
patientlywaiting8890 wrote:@Hafsa&adilbanday

Submitted Online Application: 05-05-15
Submitted Documents + Biometrics: 07-05-2015
Received @ BHC Islamabad: 08-05-2015
Escalation Update: 27-07-15 Application Processed. Returned To VAC For Collection.

@patientlywaiting8890
Good to hear they didnt take the full 12 weeks maybe there is hope for those who wait. Anyway good luck
@Az7980

Thank you and yeah still no call today, though we have been advised to go tomorrow and just ask for it. I've heard they should really give it without no hesitation? So in shaa Allah we should know the outcome tomorrow morning.. Keep us in your dua's. Will keep you all posted.

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Mrsain wrote:
Yep exactly.

Before it was from Mirpur to Islamabad and then back to Mirpur that's y when u collect the passport u collect the documents as well.

So now on anyone sending to Sheffield send a prepaid envelope large enough with ur documents
Kindly confirm the postal address

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:57 pm

nasir631 wrote:
Mrsain wrote:

Slaam,

Thanks,
This what I done as well, I emailed the chat log to myself, printed it all on double sided paper and with a pen I wrote "Whatsapp Chat Log" and submitted it with the rest of the documents. No issues, wife got visa.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:
Mrsain wrote:
Yep exactly.

Kindly confirm the postal address

This is the email i received:

Dear ........

Regarding Visa Application: GWF.........
For: .......

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope.

Please send to:
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH

Please note that the applicant’s passport will not be despatched in this method and will instead be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre that the application was made at. Notification will be sent from the staff at the Visa Application Centre when the passport is ready for collection.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************

Az7980
Pakistan

Post by Az7980 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:06 pm

This what I done as well, I emailed the chat log to myself, printed it all on double sided paper and with a pen I wrote "Whatsapp Chat Log" and submitted it with the rest of the documents. No issues, wife got visa.[/quote]

@i.need.help
You have made me take a sigh of relief. I did the same ie mailing the log and printing the extracts from Word. In my opinion it shouldnt matter as long as you give other supporting evidences such as skype logs amd telephone bills. I also printed the snapshots of video calls on skype. But it is out of my hands now. This is my 10th week lets see.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Az7980 wrote:This what I done as well, I emailed the chat log to myself, printed it all on double sided paper and with a pen I wrote "Whatsapp Chat Log" and submitted it with the rest of the documents. No issues, wife got visa.

@i.need.help
You have made me take a sigh of relief. I did the same ie mailing the log and printing the extracts from Word. In my opinion it shouldnt matter as long as you give other supporting evidences such as skype logs amd telephone bills. I also printed the snapshots of video calls on skype. But it is out of my hands now. This is my 10th week lets see.
My chats were in English and Urdu, no problems. I just printed the entire log, didn't take extracts.

Took screenshots of Viber call logs and placed 4 screenshots per page on Word and printed them and a couple of normal calls, made on idiot-phone. That's it, no Skype, no Facebook, no other form of communications.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

irfan278
United Kingdom

Post by irfan278 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Does anybody know how long after receiving the below email the wait is for a decision? It has been 12 weeks and 1 day since biometrics.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. We have tracked the status (GWF and date of birth
dd/mm/yyyy) and found that the application has been referred to another
authority for inquiries to reach a final decision. Your visa application
centre or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your
application.