ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

Schengen visa

Post by krssubbu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian passport with ILR in the UK. I need to travel to schengen counties (first is Czech Republic) and then to Germany etc
1. Do I need to take a schengen business visa with Czech embassy in UK ?
2. If so what documents do I need to produce ? Could some one please list all documents
3. How do I obtain long term visa for a year ?
4. How long will it take to issue visa

Thanks

krssubbu

Re: Schengen visa

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 am

any thoughts please ? as its quite urgent now - need to book my travel

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 am

You will need to apply for a Czech Republic Schengen visa as this will where you will enter first. All the information you require can be found here:
http://www.mzv.cz/london/en/visa_and_co ... _days.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks Case - would i be eligible for visa over 90 days as the project would be for a year.

what would be needed for multiple entry and how long would you know is the time frame to get visa

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:05 pm

and is this the same for business visa also ( i mean same docs for visitor and business visa also ?)

sirlim

Post by sirlim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 pm

First of all, where will the main purpose of your trip take place? You usually need to apply at the embassy of your main destination. That means where you will spend the longest time in if the purpose of your trip is the same all throughout (e.g. holiday). But if the main purpose of your trip is a business meeting, then apply at the embassy of the country where the business meeting will take place. If the main destination isn't clear or you don't have one, i.e. you plan to spend the same amount of nights in each destination, then apply in the country where you will first enter.

Second, the embassy of the country you will lodge an application at has details of specific documents you need. You will need your passport and UK visa/residence permit (at least 3 months validity from the date you will return) and at least 1 passport-sized photo. You need to show evidence of your employment/studies, 3 months worth of bank statements. Hotel and flight (to enter and exit the Schengen area) bookings also need to be shown though some embassies may advise you not to actually purchase the tickets or hotel nights yet. You will also need travel insurance covering at least €30,000 of emergency and medical costs. As I said please visit the website for more specific details as embassies will vary their requirements slightly.

I am not sure how to answer the third question.

Fourth, if there is no issue then a decision should be made within 15 days.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for the info.

Say for instance I need to travel to Germany but the letter is from Czech republic (as its main HQ) - would a letter from this place saying i need to travel to Germany and then to Czech be enough ? Do i need to show travel proof for all countries i am travelling to ?

finally can i get them to fax the letter as hard copy would take time and can you please provide a sample letter please

Thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:57 pm

any help please ?

sirlim

Post by sirlim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Between Germany and the Czech Republic, where will you be spending a longer time in? I presume that this is a business trip across both countries. If so, you will apply in the country where you will spend a longer time in.

I am not sure faxes can be accepted. You can ask your host to send it by special delivery, FedEx/UPS.