ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Restricted COS decisions for August 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rabiya

Post by Rabiya » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Occupations skilled to NQF level 6
SOC 2010 Description
2126: Design and Development Engineers

Example job tasks:

1- Assesses product requirements, including costs, manufacturing feasibility and market
requirements;
2- Prepares working designs for steam, aero, turbine, marine and electrical engines, mechanical
instruments, aircraft and missile structures, vehicle and ship structures, plant and machinery
equipment, domestic electrical Spam, building systems and services, and electronic
computing and telecommunications equipment;
3- Arranges construction and testing of model or prototype and modifies design if necessary;
4- Produces final design information for use in preparation of layouts, parts lists, etc.;
5- Prepares specifications for materials and other components.

Related job titles:

1-Clinical Engineer
2-Design Engineer
3-Development Engineer
4-Ergonomist
5-Research and Development Engineer

Salary rates:
New entrant: £22,600 / Experienced: £29,900
[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2013]

doitstat
Newly Registered

Post by doitstat » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 am

stephybailey24 wrote:I was one of the persons who got my CoS in July.

Let me update you as to what has been happening. I am applying from Jamaica. I paid my health surcharge of 200 pounds and i am unable to go any further. I am unable to pay for my visa as no date is available.

Mind you, the Jamaican applications are processed in New York. I have emailed, called and no response.

The process will take three LONG weeks to be completed. Meaning, I will not get back my documents until three weeks of doing the interview in Kingston.

I have to be in England on the 26th of August and i am in a limbo...

#Confused
Hi Stephy, I am also applying from Jamaica. When you say no date is available, what do you mean? Date for what? Thanks.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:18 am

Rabiya wrote:Occupations skilled to NQF level 6
SOC 2010 Description
2126: Design and Development Engineers

Example job tasks:

1- Assesses product requirements, including costs, manufacturing feasibility and market
requirements;
2- Prepares working designs for steam, aero, turbine, marine and electrical engines, mechanical
instruments, aircraft and missile structures, vehicle and ship structures, plant and machinery
equipment, domestic electrical Spam, building systems and services, and electronic
computing and telecommunications equipment;
3- Arranges construction and testing of model or prototype and modifies design if necessary;
4- Produces final design information for use in preparation of layouts, parts lists, etc.;
5- Prepares specifications for materials and other components.

Related job titles:

1-Clinical Engineer
2-Design Engineer
3-Development Engineer
4-Ergonomist
5-Research and Development Engineer

Salary rates:
New entrant: £22,600 / Experienced: £29,900
[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2013]
Hi Rabia , thanks for that.
One of my Job task is to assist in developing technical specification , implementing designs and Interface with manufacturing to design and deliver solutions. (which matches with the example job tasks )
But my title is Product Application Engineer (this title is not mentioned in related job titles )

I am in doubt and I have few days to submit my application :roll:

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:59 am

Hannah1990 wrote:Realistically I don't think that the shortages/ phd will he as high for august and all of the back log is clear now apart from
People who are below 40 but in saying that it seems to be that not that many people apply with points below 40 so I think that it will go back to 32 for August and fingers crossed it does! It may even drop to 33-34 for august and then 32 in September- here's hoping! :)
only 2 weeks to go, lets hope for the best :?

Rabiya

Post by Rabiya » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi ks227,

If your JD matches the example job tasks (as given in this document) then your current job title shouldn't be a problem.
Although my understanding is nill about engineering, but I think your job title can be modified, as well as explained, as per your job description in your RCoS application, in reference to this document.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Rabiya wrote:Hi ks227,

If your JD matches the example job tasks (as given in this document) then your current job title shouldn't be a problem.
Although my understanding is nill about engineering, but I think your job title can be modified, as well as explained, as per your job description in your RCoS application, in reference to this document.
thannk you Rabiya

I do know that , there is no confusion if i can make an application with this job title , I certainly can. The doubt is if I am eligible to choose "Shortage Occupation list" as under this Code only Product design and development engineering role is classified as "Shortage occupation" whereas I will be working as Product application engineer even though the Job example task are same as given in policy guidance. I have decided to not go with Shortage Occupation and make a standard application with 40 Points. August 11 it is #sighs , this process and policy is beyond decent contemplation given i have completed degree in England just a year ago.
Last edited by ks227 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:43 pm

The point that I have predicted based on the data that is posted here are 40 for August , anyone else looking at the data provided and analyzing ?

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:58 pm

ks227 wrote:The point that I have predicted based on the data that is posted here are 40 for August , anyone else looking at the data provided and analyzing ?
i've tried but it's really hard to get to an answer without having july's data. as this was the first time the shortage occupation (above 50 points) has gone from the average 500s up to 786 in June so i think it will largely come down to if that number has come down or not. it must have in july to be able to allocate all those with 45 points, but the question is if it will come down again this month

Rabiya

Post by Rabiya » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi ks227,

What I meant was that you could still chose the SOC for your application, as its just the job title thats different in your application, for which you could refer to the example job tasks provided in the policy guidance documentas a matter of explanation.
But ofcourse, it would still be doubtful for the understanding of the assessor, if he/she is not good enough in technical engineering terms.

shub9
Newly Registered

Post by shub9 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi all,

How many of you have the chance to reapply even after August?

Thanks,

IHateTheresaMay
Newly Registered

Post by IHateTheresaMay » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm

shub9 wrote:Hi all,

How many of you have the chance to reapply even after August?

Thanks,
Eh. If I don't get accepted for August, I'm just going to apply for jobs in my own country.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:33 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:I was one of the persons who got my CoS in July.

Let me update you as to what has been happening. I am applying from Jamaica. I paid my health surcharge of 200 pounds and i am unable to go any further. I am unable to pay for my visa as no date is available.

Mind you, the Jamaican applications are processed in New York. I have emailed, called and no response.

The process will take three LONG weeks to be completed. Meaning, I will not get back my documents until three weeks of doing the interview in Kingston.

I have to be in England on the 26th of August and i am in a limbo...

#Confused
Did you try the priority service? Or just the regular service? They say on their website that the turnover rate is usually about 3 weeks though.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:00 pm

confusedm wrote:Looks like I'm reapplying again this month with 45 points after having the wrong SOC code on the RCoS in July (which had been granted but will be cancelled).

Here's to hoping the minimum does not go up (and even better goes down!)
Quick question: your employer put the wrong SOC code or the Home Office says it wrong? I still really don't get how the SoC code works since the example job tasks are not really detailed enough.

My company uses solicitor service for this, but they even posted the job advert wrong, so I'm not so sure how the solicitor knows about this soc thing.

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Ln1124 wrote:
confusedm wrote:Looks like I'm reapplying again this month with 45 points after having the wrong SOC code on the RCoS in July (which had been granted but will be cancelled).

Here's to hoping the minimum does not go up (and even better goes down!)
Quick question: your employer put the wrong SOC code or the Home Office says it wrong? I still really don't get how the SoC code works since the example job tasks are not really detailed enough.

My company uses solicitor service for this, but they even posted the job advert wrong, so I'm not so sure how the solicitor knows about this soc thing.
My company put the wrong SOC code on the RCoS application, and it was granted by the Home Office. What I don't understand is how it was accepted by the Home Office in the first place since the job title and description is included in RCoS applications.

My employer decided not to risk rejection with the actual Tier 2 application and cancel the RCoS and re-apply in August instead.

Reddy899
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy899 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:41 am

Hi,
Restricted COS is for who ever applying from out side EU and Tier 4 Dependent. R-cos will be issued based on the point score. You can find more information on https://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/hr/h ... rship.html

I would suggest read more information on this blog.
Good luck
8)

Reddy899
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy899 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:42 am

Hi,
Restricted COS is for who ever applying from out side EU and Tier 4 Dependent. R-cos will be issued based on the point score. You can find more information on https://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/hr/h ... rship.html

I would suggest read more information on this blog.
Good luck
8)

shub9
Newly Registered

Post by shub9 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:36 am

cstylishsam wrote:
chanel123 wrote:
cstylishsam wrote:Prediction based on Averages (Dataset July 14 - June 15)

Average number of applicants at 50 points and above : 846

Average number of applicants at 45 points : 406

Average number of applicants at 40 points: 173 x3 (June, July and August) = 519

Average number of applicants at 39 points: 30 x3 (June, July and August) = 90

( 846+406+519+90= 1861)

Total available in Aug : 1747 + 100 ( Out of month allocation ) = 1847

This leaves us 14 short but there is a greater chance of application submitted at 39 points and above being successful this time. I will try to post the prediction based on Actuals (Dataset July 14 - June 15)

Datasource : https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 0table.xls

Thanks so much for sharing this! unfortunately, one cannot take the average because the number of requests per month increases significantly. I think the cut off will be either 40 or 45 points.
I agree. I will post prediction based on Actuals too :D
Does anyone got any information regarding July's Actual breakup.

Thanks,

Rabiya

Post by Rabiya » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:21 pm

My employer didnt get back to me after the July results and I got to know yesterday that they have readvertised the post without informing me, despite knowing that I hold the conditional offer for the same post.
Did anybody have the same experience?
Do the HR carry on with their own choices without providing any feedback to the candidate regarding their way forward?
Does this make any sense at all ??

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Rabiya wrote:My employer didnt get back to me after the July results and I got to know yesterday that they have readvertised the post without informing me, despite knowing that I hold the conditional offer for the same post.
Did anybody have the same experience?
Do the HR carry on with their own choices without providing any feedback to the candidate regarding their way forward?
Does this make any sense at all ??
Hi Rabiya - Sorry to hear that. I think you should speak with employer and ask them to re-apply RCoS this time. Since your score is at 40, it is very likely that your CoS be granted in August. I have been successful from May in getting RCoS. My employer applied twice and happy to try 2-3 times.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Sorry for typo *unsuccessfully in getting RCoS since May 2016.
Shah

Rabiya

Post by Rabiya » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:50 pm

Thanks Shah for your reply.

I am looking forward to speak to them on Monday and will try my best to convince them.
I, as a non HR professional have learnt quite a lot about the trends of Tier 2 sponsporship approval rates in just 2 months.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:52 am

Home office confirms that at least 1300 applications of rcos were rejected in June.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 pm

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail. ... 49ce246a84

According to various immigration lawyers and experts. Its likely that for August minimum requirement will be 46k again. Bad prediction for those with less then 50 points

Hannah1990
Newly Registered

Post by Hannah1990 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:17 pm

I don't think that the article is correct- there were articles for July allocation which said that the points were going to be 50 some even said the salary would need to be 75k but it wasn't it did drop down to 45 and I have every hope that it will drop down again for August too!

emjayo
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by emjayo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:02 am

fahadfaiz wrote:http://www.lexology.com/library/detail. ... 49ce246a84

According to various immigration lawyers and experts. Its likely that for August minimum requirement will be 46k again. Bad prediction for those with less then 50 points
There's an awful lot of posturing and "It may be that..." going on in that blog. Suggesting it will hit the £75k band is a long, long stretch.

I think it's 50/50 whether it stays on 45 points or falls to 40. Let's remain positive.