ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIFE AFTER EC !!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsm2010

LIFE AFTER EC !!!!!

Post by nsm2010 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:56 am

Hi all,
I got both my HSMP and EC approved with the help of lot of freinds on this forum. I applied for 2 months post dated effective date visa and got the same.Thanks for all. I would appreciate if someone help me regarding few queries outlined here;

1) Since I am not living in my home country, I have to wrap -up my home in my current country of residence, in this case, whether would I be allowed to carry my belongings to UK without any customs or any surcharge? I want to educate myself regarding the rules in this regard.

2) Upon my arrival at airport, what documents and proofs should I carry to show ?

3) What Home work should I suppose to do, regarding opening my bank account in UK, since I have bank account in Saudi Arabia with HSBC?

4) Would I be able to switch jobs in UK, in order to get targeted salary and designation? what should be the course?

I will appreciate any help and comment in this regard

nsm2010

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:16 pm

still waiting for the answers and suggestions.

nsm2010

rose123
Newly Registered

Post by rose123 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:51 pm

nsm2010 wrote:still waiting for the answers and suggestions.

nsm2010
Hi,
You have to have your HSMP approval letter handy during the immigration. Normally they dont ask for the letter but its advisable to have it handy incase the ask for, to avoid a mess.

Bank accounts : Its gonna be a 15 mins job to open an bank account in UK, You have to just provide the copy of your passport, ( Proof of your status in the UK). You cant switch ur bank ac from saudi to UK.

Switching your job should not be a problem, coz HSMP is gonna be a open permit, where you can work for any company. 1ly thing is u r binded to the contract regulation of the employer. GIve them the required notice period thats it. Keep Jumping

Hope your questions were answered ...... :D

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:40 pm

its not that simple. life is very tough in this country. I am not making you scared but trust me it is goona be hard atleast initial period.
I would say keep your job back home if u can and then give it a try. Without taking risk u cant do anything big in life but just to be on the safe side my advice would be keep ur job safe and hopefully you will do good here in UK aswell.
best of luck.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:20 pm

Thanks Alina and Rose,

Is there any way from where i could know that wether i could keep my existing work permit in Saudi Arabia while embarking on HSMP visa in Britain? and keeping another work permit visa will not cast any dark shadow on my hsmp status. I will appreciate any help in this regard.

nsm2010