ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of address- lack of HO confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

change of address- lack of HO confirmation

Post by ohojska » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Dear All,
My husband applied 2 months ago for his BC. Recently we have changed the flat. He fillie in online application regarding change of address after which he didn't ge any email confirmation. We called a few Times to the HO and they are insisting that they can't confirm what is his current address(they dont have access to that information). Last time they told me that he shoudl recieve email with the confirmation of change of address. We filled in the online apllication one more time and still after nearly 3 days past didnt get any email from the HO. Did anyone has the same situation? I applied for BC last year and never faced that kind of problems.

wire
Newly Registered

Re: change of address- lack of HO confirmation

Post by wire » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm

I don't think they send a confirmation, you could set up a royal mail redirection for peace of mind.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

wire wrote:I don't think they send a confirmation, you could set up a royal mail redirection for peace of mind.
I was told over the phone that we should recieve the automatic email with the confirmation

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:54 pm

There is no confirmation. They tell people whatever they want to hear to get them to hang up, which makes their call centre statistics look good.

If they can't update your address they will contact you.