ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

04-15 PR form (137 pgs) vs 07-15 PR form (85 pgs)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Danlieb

04-15 PR form (137 pgs) vs 07-15 PR form (85 pgs)

Post by Danlieb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 am

Hi there,

My EEA national spouse and I are both planning to apply for PR soon. I was comparing the April 2015 version to the July 2015 version, which is considerably shortened at 85 pages.

I would just like to confirm that I've read the changes correctly.

CHANGE 1: You don't need to submit photocopies of the original documents you are submitting

On p.19 of the 04-15 version it says:
Other family members of the EEA national applying at the same time as you
1.30 If you have, or the relevant EEA national has, any other family members (including extended family members) applying for European residence documentation at the same time as you (other than children named in section 3 of this application form), please enter their details in the table on the next page. This will help us keep your applications together. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary. Please note that each family member must complete their own application form and pay the specified application fee. We strongly recommend that you enclose all applications in the same envelope if you want them to be considered together.

On p.18 of the 07-15 version it says:
C. Family members included in your application
If you wish to include your (or your sponsor’s) family members (including extended family members) in this application, please give their details below.

CHANGE 2: You do not need to send in two separate applications forms if Non-EEA National spouse and EEA National are jointly applying for Permanent Residence Card and Permanent Residence Certification respectively although you still pay £65 + £65.

I worked out that you will have fewer sections to fill:
IF
(1) the EEA National applies for Document Certifying Permanent Residence and includes non-EEA Spouse in the application for Permanent Residence Card;
THAN IF
(2) If the Non-EEA National applies for Permanent Residence Card and includes EEA Spouse in the application for Document Certifying Permanent Residence.

See table below:

Is anyone able to confirm this?

Danlieb

Re: 04-15 PR form (137 pgs) vs 07-15 PR form (85 pgs)

Post by Danlieb » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:46 am

Anyone care to comment?

omonile

Post by omonile » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks for the info Danlieb.job well done

ANGELA LIMA

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi,

It was a great work.

Can you clarify if an eea is applying together with his non eea spouse which sections will apply?

Regards
Angie

Danlieb

Post by Danlieb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:56 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been trying to work out who should be the main applicant in the case where both the EEA national and non-EEA national spouse are applying together for PR certification and a PR card respectively. My spouse and I are in this situation ourselves. I suspect it is the EEA national who should be the main applicant.

On the p.8 of the July 2015 version of the EEA(PR) form, Question 2, it says the following:
"If you are including any non-EEA national family members in this application, please confirm their details in the table below ..."

For all other instructions, the form always addresses the applicant with alternatives (EEA or Non-EEA national). For example:
p.12, Q.10/12: "Have/Are you, or has/is any non-EEA family member included in this application ..."

There is no alternative referent for Q.2 on p.8, i.e. it's not "If you are including any EEA or non-EEA national family members in this application ..."

This is just my opinion, but I am waiting for someone to confirm. It is a pity that there is no clear instructions on this in Version 1.0 of the EEA(PR): guidance notes document HO have recently uploaded.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 am

I'm filling my application for permanent residence and after ur topic I'm abit confused. I have made photocopies for all original so for my understanding of your topic that I don't have to send anymore copies for originals. Is that Correct?

Danlieb

Post by Danlieb » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 am

Indianlonly wrote:I'm filling my application for permanent residence and after ur topic I'm abit confused. I have made photocopies for all original so for my understanding of your topic that I don't have to send anymore copies for originals. Is that Correct?
Apologies if I have confused you and sorry I can't do anything to rid of your confusion. It's just that I read the guidelines for the July 2015 version of the EEA(PR) form, and I can't find any reference to instructions about providing photocopies for original documents.

If this is indeed true, then it is obviously a major change in the requirements and I was hoping the more experienced posters or moderators could confirm this.

The purpose of my original post was to get confirmation of these changes, not to give advice. I still haven't given up hope that one of the wise sages on this forum will confirm these changes and that's why I have bumped this thread up.