ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help **T1 G Dependant query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shah1234

Please help **T1 G Dependant query

Post by Shah1234 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:43 am

Hi All,

I had a chat with one of my colleague yesterday about ILR eligibility for dependants and he has scared me...Hence seeking your advise.

Here is my case (T1 General Mail applicant)
1. Tier 1 General valid until March 2018; ILR Eligibility - January 2016

My wife (T1 General Dependant)
1. T1 General Dependant granted in March 2013 and hence ILR eligibility - March 2018 (5 years route).

I was told that if I get my PBS T1 General visa transferred into ILR in January 2016, then my wife and my son can't remain as PBS Dependant. and they need to convert their visa into FLR. Is this correct?

Can they not remain on PBS Dependant visa which is already valid until March 2018 when they qualify for ILR?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chase53

Re: Please help **T1 G Dependant query

Post by Chase53 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:01 am

Shah1234 wrote:
I was told that if I get my PBS T1 General visa transferred into ILR in January 2016, then my wife and my son can't remain as PBS Dependant. and they need to convert their visa into FLR. Is this correct?

No need. They can remain as PBS dependents until they qualify and if your son is born in UK, you can apply for British Citizenship straight away after your ILR.

Can they not remain on PBS Dependant visa which is already valid until March 2018 when they qualify for ILR?
Already Answered above

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 am

Provided you apply for settlement as a PBS migrant and not under the 10 year route, then:
Shah1234 wrote:I was told that if I get my PBS T1 General visa transferred into ILR in January 2016, then my wife and my son can't remain as PBS Dependant. and they need to convert their visa into FLR. Is this correct?
No.
Shah1234 wrote:Can they not remain on PBS Dependant visa which is already valid until March 2018 when they qualify for ILR?
Yes.

Do not switch any dependants to FLR(M) route else their ILR clock will be reset.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shah1234

Post by Shah1234 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks both.... Yes, I will be applying for ILR through 5 year route, as I got my T1 General visa stamped in Jan 2011 and am in UK since then.

Regards