ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will appealing a PCN, effect the Citizenship application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4s6s
Newly Registered

Will appealing a PCN, effect the Citizenship application?

Post by 4s6s » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 am

Hi all,

I have recently got my ILR and thinking of applying for British Citizenship a year from now.

And I recently received a PCN for parking on the pavement of an off street road where all the vehicles parked in the same way however they just gave me the ticket but not to anyone else. I challenged it and they declined it. Now Iam planning to go ahead with the challenge and even Appeal to the adjudicator.

My question is - If i was found at fault in the end and I decide to pay up the total cost, will it effect my Citizenship application next year? Do they consider it as any kind of improper conduct or something? My decision to appeal will be based on the your experiences and answers.

I would be really grateful if someone can help in this regard.

Thanks

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Will appealing a PCN, effect the Citizenship application

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:25 pm

How much was the pcn? if its £35 just pay it off.

I herd if you challenge it in court and lose it may affect...majority of the time u dont win against council even if youre in the right. Regardless of other cars being oarked the same way, parking on the path gives cause for a ticket so you wont win anyway. for the sake of 35/70 quid just pay the fine

4s6s
Newly Registered

Post by 4s6s » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:How much was the pcn? if its £35 just pay it off.

I herd if you challenge it in court and lose it may affect...majority of the time u dont win against council even if youre in the right. Regardless of other cars being oarked the same way, parking on the path gives cause for a ticket so you wont win anyway. for the sake of 35/70 quid just pay the fine
Its £55 with discount and its not about money. I will have to park it the same away everyday. So even If I pay now, I might get tickets again in future. And I agree that parking on the footpath is normally not allowed wrong but the question is why my car and not the other cars. Also I want Council's justification for not charging other cars.

And I dont think the fines £35 or £55 makes difference, the fines depend on the road and the council normally.

Can someone with experience in these matters please help me in this regard?

Thanks!

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:37 pm

You are most probably going to loose the case . Better pay the fine. is there a sign saying parking is permitted on pavement?

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

[Law GL(GP)A sect 15]
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... ycode_park ing

Pavements are not parking spaces. You should not park on the pavement unless a sign specifically permits it. You are in the wrong.

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:01 am

don't go to court. your name will appear on the database and you might have some explaining to do if you end up losing, which, with all likelihood, is going to be case if you go to court--you're not supposed to park on footpath.

4s6s
Newly Registered

Post by 4s6s » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:37 am

I agree and accept that Parking on footpath is not allowed anywhere in the london. But the street I parked is a narrow lane and due to health and safety reasons all cars are parked partially on footpath for Emergency vehicles like ambulances to pass through easily. Hence all the residents are parking on the footpath from ages ago and the council usually turns a blind eye.

And I don't mind paying the fine now but I have to park the car same way everyday, what if they issue me tickets again in future??

After doing some research I found that, these penalty cases wont goto court but to the Appeal to the adjudicator

And the questions iam gonna ask are:
1) Since when, they have started enforcing the rule?
2) How many tickets are issued on that day? (I checked with 4 other cars parked next to mine, no one got a ticket)
3) Why was my car alone targeted?

All Iam asking the council is to treat everyone equally.

Anyway, does anyone has appeal to the adjudicator and that effected their citizenship application???

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 am

there are a handful of threads on this forum regarding appealing parking tickets, speeding tickets etc. please have a look