ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national, divorce and naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miracle need

EU national, divorce and naturalization

Post by Miracle need » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:27 am

Hi all,
I have some queries regarding naturalization but before enable you to answer my brief history.
I lived 8 years on different PBS categories while 2 years lived as EU national family member after marriage. But just before completing my 10 years nearly 9 months before my EU partner started cheating me with the help of home landlord and order me to leave my home for which I was alone paying rent. But naturally 3 days after they given me notice to leave they also got main home owner notice to leave home. Then all separated and went to new homes. But I got ILR on 10 years basis and now divorced my EU partner. Questions:

1. Does divorce can affect naturalization as our marriage remain for 3 years and I have all proofs.
2. Am I now free from ukba and ex-partner control.
3. Can one referee be from applicant's own country, living and working in a professional capacity there.
4. Can ukba again ask proof used in ILR??

mavdi

Re: EU national, divorce and naturalization

Post by mavdi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:24 am

1. If you have an ILR, the divorce won't affect your application because you won't be applying as a spouse of a British citizen but rather a 10 year long residency + 1 ILR
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. What proof was used in ILR? They'll ask for your addresses etc. I'm not entirely sure if they ask for devoiced partner details in AN form, someone else could clarify this.

Miracle need

Post by Miracle need » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks.
What's the benefits of using NCS service and why people use it? Any need to send BRP? Can the applicant travel abroad while waiting naturalization? Can the same UK university degree use to meet English language which used in ILR application previously? Can same life in UK test valid for naturalization?

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:40 am

What's the benefits of using NCS service and why people use it? You will get your passport and BRP back
Any need to send BRP? Check above
Can the applicant travel abroad while waiting naturalization? Check above +You need to do Biometrics within14 days
Can the same UK university degree use to meet English language which used in ILR application previously? Yes
Can same life in UK test valid for naturalization? Yes

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:46 am

1. Individual application vs Nationality Checking Service(NCS)
2. Read Form AN, Guide AN and Booklet AN.
3. You may, after you have enrolled your biometrics (yes, again).
4. Read the form AN and If your degree was taught or researched in English
5. Yes, LITUK test result has no expiry.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:57 am

Its 5 years residency not 10
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015