ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application next month

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Londoner
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife is a British citizen. Currently I have a spouse visa which will expire on December 23 2007. I was informed that I can apply for ILR anytime after November 25th 2007.

My wife and I have lived in London since December 2005 and we have utility bills, mortgage statements, bank statements etc. I recently passed the Life in the UK test. We wish to apply in person to get a quicker response.

We would appreciate if anyone can advise us about:

1. Whether or not there are any disadvantages of in person applications;
2. We have a three months old baby, are we allowed to take him with us;
3. And any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 pm

The only advantage that I can see applying in person is being done n the same day, however, it is more expensive and requires to to book an appointment in advance.

For the baby, since one of the parent is British then automatically the baby becomes brutish.

Personally, I would apply by post if you are not in hurry. also make sure that all your paperer work is in order: Bank statement, proof of living together for the past two years, no recourse to public fund.

hope this helps and good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:05 pm

You may make an application on form SET(M) no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) prior to the 2nd anniversary of your arrival date (see Chapter 8 - Family members, Section 1 - Spouses (4.3)) and before your visa's expiry date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.