ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by prasanthece » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:35 pm

Does any one know where can we find the VFS timelines that they publish weekly?

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:13 pm

prasanthece wrote:Does any one know where can we find the VFS timelines that they publish weekly?
Check it on http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/ ; click on "read more" link given in "How we are performing against our quality and timeline standards – read more"

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:20 pm

Raju1 wrote:
prasanthece wrote:Does any one know where can we find the VFS timelines that they publish weekly?
Check it on http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/ ; click on "read more" link given in "How we are performing against our quality and timeline standards – read more"

Found it as soon as i posted in the forum

Thx Raju!

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:39 am

Hello Everyone,

I have a query: So i have submitted the color scanned documents of our wedding certificate, sponsor's passport bio-data page, council tax statement and sponsor undertaking form and the online pdf downloads of bank statements and payslips, without getting any of them certified. So it just looks like they are gonna refuse my application straight away. I was wondering if I can still send all the originals now and how and where can I send them? Can anyone suggest me on this.

Thanks.

Applied on: 22nd July, 2015 @ VFS South Mumbai

ST

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Dear Sthakur,

according to GOV.UK website, they can refused an application if there requirement is not fulfilled. They said they will only ask for documents which r partly missing. eg: one of the bank statement, or if one payslip is missing.
In ur case, u just don't follow their instructions, sponsors biometrix card's photocopy is acceptable, marriage certificate has to be original, n english translated, but the rest of the documents has to authorized by appropriate authority. Therefore u took a great risk ! it is most likely to be refused be ECO.

The best thing is contact Vfs center, or send the documents directly to ECO, with a cover letter explaining why u make a delay to get authorization or why unable to send original.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:28 pm

AMirAbbasi wrote:Dear Sthakur,

according to GOV.UK website, they can refused an application if there requirement is not fulfilled. They said they will only ask for documents which r partly missing. eg: one of the bank statement, or if one payslip is missing.
In ur case, u just don't follow their instructions, sponsors biometrix card's photocopy is acceptable, marriage certificate has to be original, n english translated, but the rest of the documents has to authorized by appropriate authority. Therefore u took a great risk ! it is most likely to be refused be ECO.

The best thing is contact Vfs center, or send the documents directly to ECO, with a cover letter explaining why u make a delay to get authorization or why unable to send original.

@AmirAbbasi
I know I did miss on that part. But the thing is there's no contact number available online for VFS South Mumbai, where I can talk to them and likewise I don't know to whom to refer the documents, even if I send them to British Deputy High Commission, Mumbai.
I have raised a query with UKVI for the same. Let's see what they say!

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:34 pm

@imemyself - Any update on your application?
@SThakur - Has your application being accessed by ECO?

Its my 15th working day after the application has been submitted, but it says yet to be accessed by ECO.

Other guys, kindly advice on your experience.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:55 am

Maverick75 wrote:@imemyself - Any update on your application?
@SThakur - Has your application being accessed by ECO?

Its my 15th working day after the application has been submitted, but it says yet to be accessed by ECO.

Other guys, kindly advice on your experience.
@Maverick75: I checked with them this Monday and they replied 'Not yet assessed by ECO'. It's still too early yet. I wouldn't really worry much till at least 30 days are over. And over that my worry is that I have submitted the colour scanned of most of original documents and on-line downloaded payslips and bank statement. Hope they do ask me to submit the originals instead of rejecting my app straight away.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:04 am

@All,

Please update your timelines if you have any updates about visa applications. I can see that BHC's are taking too much time to process compared to early this year..

Cheers,
Raj

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Guys,

I have been looking the VFS visa processing timelines closely. For 1st week of June, they said they have processed settlement application in 8 working days. From the 2nd week of June onwards, the VFS report does not show any settlement visa processing being done in Mumbai.

At the same time, PariJ (from this thread) mentioned that his spouse visa was submitted to Mumbai VFS but was processed by Delhi BHC. Also one more guy in this thread said, it took him 46 working days to get his visa application processed.

Based, on the above, i think all the Settlement visa application made in VFS Mumbai are now being forwarded to Delhi BHC, and as per the Delhi VFS visa processing timeline, it is 26-30 working days. Given the extra load coming from VFS Mumbai, add another 10-15 days - and that aligns with one of the guys visa processing time of 46 working days.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Latest waiting times as of 31st July 2015:
Chennai - Settlement - 42 days
Delhi - Settlement - 40 days

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/In ... 020815.pdf

Applied in Bangalore on July 6th & received confirmation from Chennai BHC on 7th.

Awaiting.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:51 pm

vanakkamchennai wrote:Latest waiting times as of 31st July 2015:
Chennai - Settlement - 42 days
Delhi - Settlement - 40 days

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/In ... 020815.pdf

Applied in Bangalore on July 6th & received confirmation from Chennai BHC on 7th.

Awaiting.
@vanakkamchennai:

Thanks for getting us the timelines. Just to update you, even my spouse visa is applied on July 6th from Hyderabad which is received at Chennai BHC on July 7th. Have you tried emailing UKVI to get any response?

Cheers,
Raj

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:45 pm

@Raju1

No I haven't checked with them. I am following this forum for quite sometime now and thought would wait till those applied in June to get the result.

Did you contact UKVI?
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi, after submitted my application on 18 june, i emailed two times dated 7/7/15, 18/7/15 and learned that its not yet assesed by ECO, than on 24/7 i emailed again n instead of telling me the current status, they ask a few more detailes like date of application, nationality etc, they said they r gonna escalate my case, i didn't ask for escalation though!

next day i got another mail, my case is escalate now now vfs will contact me soon. From 25 till today nothing came, so i sent another emailed today asking for the current status of my application, they replied a few hours later tht there is no update, because either my application is recently submitted or i give them wrong GWF or DOB !!!

But, thts not true! its been 35 working days passed n i gave currect details. Plz advice me. :shock:

jonz
Newly Registered

Post by jonz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Hey All,

As a person who has been through the pain you all are going through right now, my advise is that most settlement visa appliacations take between 42 - 60 working days. There is no point emailing the help desk or calling them up, utterly useless service. The reason is 2 weeks ago they escalated my wife's visa case and just received an email 2 days ago saying no update, when we had actually got the visa / picked it up and she is coming here this week ... LOL :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

So just have patience, and wait everything will happen when its time ... no point worrying about it and making yourself sick(Againg from personal experience, ended in ER)...

Regards,
Jonz

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 am

AMirAbbasi wrote:Hi, after submitted my application on 18 june, i emailed two times dated 7/7/15, 18/7/15 and learned that its not yet assesed by ECO, than on 24/7 i emailed again n instead of telling me the current status, they ask a few more detailes like date of application, nationality etc, they said they r gonna escalate my case, i didn't ask for escalation though!

next day i got another mail, my case is escalate now now vfs will contact me soon. From 25 till today nothing came, so i sent another emailed today asking for the current status of my application, they replied a few hours later tht there is no update, because either my application is recently submitted or i give them wrong GWF or DOB !!!

But, thts not true! its been 35 working days passed n i gave currect details. Plz advice me. :shock:
@AmirAbbasi

I too applied my application on 18th of June
Sent emails on 04/0715, 16/07/15 and got response as it has not yet been assessed by ECO
Sent emails on 30/07/15, 04/08/15 and got response as there are no current updates. This could be because your application was submitted recently or the details that you have provided above are incorrect.
Called them on 05/08/15 which cost me £6.92 which is utter waste of money as these people haven't got any information at all.
As Jonz said it is better to have patience, and wait everything will happen when its time ... no point worrying about it and making yourself sick

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 pm

@prasanthece - Are u saying that you applied for visa in beginning of June and you are yet to get the visa outcome....that's a lot of time......which vfs centre did u apply the visa and under what category?

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Maverick75 wrote:@prasanthece - Are u saying that you applied for visa in beginning of June and you are yet to get the visa outcome....that's a lot of time......which vfs centre did u apply the visa and under what category?
@Maverick75

Yes applied on 18th of June in Hyderabad under category Settlement Visa Wife

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:28 pm

vanakkamchennai wrote:@Raju1

No I haven't checked with them. I am following this forum for quite sometime now and thought would wait till those applied in June to get the result.

Did you contact UKVI?
@vanakkamchennai

I haevn't contacted UKVI as of now for the same reason what you think. Its been 24 working days and don't think Chennai BHC so quick in processing settlement applications

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Raju1 wrote:
vanakkamchennai wrote:@Raju1

Did you contact UKVI?
@vanakkamchennai

I haevn't contacted UKVI as of now for the same reason what you think. Its been 24 working days and don't think Chennai BHC so quick in processing settlement applications

Yes @Raju.
I am awaiting for this week figures to up on VFS website. If they decline from 42 days, we can expect a falling trend in the coming week. I believe, the rush could be for the September student visa rush.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:23 am

Submitted wife's settlement visa under sponsor income category F from Kolkata VFS on 23rd June. She had her biometrics and interview on 23rd June. Dunno where the applications submitted in Kolkata go to, to be assessed by an ECO.
16th July - yet to be assessed by ECO
7th August -still no updates.
33 working days so far

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:50 pm

5K4R wrote:Submitted wife's settlement visa under sponsor income category F from Kolkata VFS on 23rd June. She had her biometrics and interview on 23rd June. Dunno where the applications submitted in Kolkata go to, to be assessed by an ECO.
33 working days so far

As of 2nd week of June, settlement visa from whole of India is only being processed in Delhi and Chennai vfs centre. And they have the current processing time of 40 and 42 days respectively. So another 7 working days and you should hear something positive.
Please keep updated on your visa outcome

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Its really sad to see that Chennai and Delhi BHC processing timelines for visas: 40 to 42 working days http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/In ... 070815.pdf , I am not sure why are they so slow delayed processing of applications. Tbh, it would have been better if i was on tier1 so that tier1 dependant visa gets processed within few days.

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Maverick75 wrote:
5K4R wrote:Submitted wife's settlement visa under sponsor income category F from Kolkata VFS on 23rd June. She had her biometrics and interview on 23rd June. Dunno where the applications submitted in Kolkata go to, to be assessed by an ECO.
33 working days so far

As of 2nd week of June, settlement visa from whole of India is only being processed in Delhi and Chennai vfs centre. And they have the current processing time of 40 and 42 days respectively. So another 7 working days and you should hear something positive.
Please keep updated on your visa outcome
Response received today after I sent an email that "There are no current updates. This could be because your application was submitted recently or the details that you have provided above are incorrect". Again application submitted on 23rd June, so does this mean Application just submitted to ECO at Dehi or Chennai? Don't believe any documents are incorrect as it was checked by an immigration solicitor in UK before I sent it to India. So I assume person dealing with these emails is a @£&#%*^ not to mention the Hinduja group managing this super expensive telephone service.

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:29 am

Hi All

I have a query regarding Settlement Visa for my wife applied from Mumbai BKC.

The application date for 9th July and unfortunately we dint opt for Text service. Hence have heard nothing at all(No emails received either)

I have noticed few of you guys have mentioned that you have tried contacting the Visa office via Calls and Emails. Would any of you please share the contacts details for the Visa office - Contact No & Emails.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Ibrahim