ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proxy marriage HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

behold2014

proxy marriage HELP

Post by behold2014 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 pm

I am married to an EU national by proxy and it will be 5 years in 2 months. My question is can i apply for PR in 2 months? She already has her PR since 6years ago. What are the chances of the HO approving my application? My current RC expires in 2017.

secret.simon

Re: proxy marriage HELP

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:27 pm

behold2014 wrote:married to an EU national by proxy
Didn't marriage by proxy go out of fashion in the 16th-17th century?

In which country did you marry by proxy? And do you currently reside or have a relationship with your wife-by-proxy?

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi,

For the fact that your EEA has acquired PR 6yrs ago and I think you received you RC 2012 according to the expiry date.

Firstly you need to established that your EEA PR status is still valid as EEA with PR shouldn't stay outside for up to 2yrs because she has't got BC without return to the UK otherwise they will loose that PR status.Try and get her treaty right up to date and prove that you're both live under the same roof for 5yrs

Secondly,
There's no harm in trying and even if they refuse you can then apply in 2017. But if I were you I will wait till 2017 as proxy always bring up suspicion. Also if you baby together that might erase that anyway,so just play wisely

That's my little advice for you.
You may be lucky Moderator may add their inputs to this.

Good luck
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Thank you for the reply. I've had a student visa since 2004 and renewed it until I got the rc. I was thinking maybe I should reply for ilr or naturalisation ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 pm

behold2014 wrote:Thank you for the reply. I've had a student visa since 2004 and renewed it until I got the rc. I was thinking maybe I should reply for ilr or naturalisation ?
You need either ILR or PR for a full 12 months before you can apply for naturalisation.

If you have been legally resident in the UK for 10 years, you can apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence if you meet all the requirements. Not too sure about PR application though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Usually many Nigerians use the path of proxy marriage which in ukba eyes is suspicious and that's why they not accept it. Even on the basis of general common sense that when UK registry offices and churches are available for doing marriage then why such people like telephone based proxy marriage. Secondly UK accept the marriage perform in accordance of such relevant law but how come such type of marriage be able to register at Nigerian marriage office via telephone even without seeing the couple which triggered suspicious :roll:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:50 pm

I believe Kareem was wrongly decided.

I am of the view that those granted Residence Card Prior to Kareem has a strong case that they should be granted Residence Card.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors