ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lostsixeven
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by lostsixeven » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Zee ali

What documents should i take.The company i used in my last extention is not trading how ever i have opend a new company and have bills from last few months.
what questions should i expect??

Thanks

Zee ali wrote:
Tripple2 wrote:Hi zee Ali as u can see one of the member ilr application Solihull peo they kept his documents and asked for to come interview regarding his employment he is Student+paw+tier 1 general but still they asked for interview and he paid all tax to hmrc and that's why I m just wondering why they need interview for ilr ?and I m applying this month same thing student, paw , and then tier 1 general and my hmrc and home office tax return are same and paid all money and English test from trinity selt centre no any other issue so I m just bit nervous after I saw his case I had a interview when I last extend my visa tier 1 general 2013 ...pls put ur valuable advice pls zee Ali thanks again
Its a rare case and he is lucky that they gave him opportunity to defend his case and case worker wants to clarify something from him.

HO can call anybody for an interview if they want to.

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi All,

I got my SAR yesterday and shocked to know that I was an over stayer in 2012 during my appeal after refusal.
My history is as below
1- Student 09/09/2005 to 31/10/2007
Applied for Extension before expiry and got student extension

2- Student 05/02/2008 31/12/2008
Applied for PSW and got visa after 3+ months wait

3- Tier 1 (PSW) 25/03/2009 to 25/03/2011

4- Applied for Tier 1( General) UK Naric gave me certificate that my degree is equal to UK Masters but told UKBA in an email that its not, Visa refused 10/05/2011, appealed against decision. All my friends who applied before and after me got points even without UK Naric letter. HO realized mistake and asked my solicitor to withdraw appeal and sign consent order which states HO will give me visa for 2 years although they gave gave me visa valid from August 2013 to August 2016 plus cost of the case. They gave me visa after fighting cases for 2 and half years.

There are three different case record sheets.
1st sheet:
Sub entered UK in Sep 2005 as a student
In November 2009 got 1 years student extension
in November 2010 submitted further PSW application, got visa valid until March 2011
Sub submitted Tier1General application in March 2011 which was refused with right of appeal in May 2011.
In may 2011 an appeal was lodged which was dismissed, Sub became ARE in May 2012?

File to CRC to invite for a curr circs i/v, serce as a overstayer and place on RRs to CRC

Final record sheet shows:

Outcome date 20 Aug 2013
Expiry Date 20 aug 2016 (Visa issued after winning the case)
current status PSW. ( in august 2013 after winning the case) My PSW expired in 2011.
HO office awarded me points for the degree after JR.

Some other pages of report are showing that I became over stayer in 2012 when I was on appeal. They sent letters to my old address to attend home office which I never received.

I traveled to USA after getting my latest visa in 2014 for 1 month and they didn't even ask me any question on my arrival back in UK.

Can you guys give me your expert opinion that do I qualify for 10 years Set LR?

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi lostsixeven there is no law after getting ur visa tier 1 general u have to carry on ur business. There is now law at all but what does it mean by u r not trading ? Is it u closed that business if u did I don't know but business can be up and dawn that's natural if u don't make money .... But I would like to see what zee Ali or any member say on this thanks

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:11 am

Hello all brothers and sisters ,
Any update information about ILR application with the history of Toeic ??? I'm really fed up for waiting long time .

lostsixeven
Newly Registered

Post by lostsixeven » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 am

Yes that business is not closed but not doing any trading.I have registered a new business and doing trading under that.
ALso have proof of buying as i am a trader now.
Thanks

Tripple2 wrote:Hi lostsixeven there is no law after getting ur visa tier 1 general u have to carry on ur business. There is now law at all but what does it mean by u r not trading ? Is it u closed that business if u did I don't know but business can be up and dawn that's natural if u don't make money .... But I would like to see what zee Ali or any member say on this thanks

UKres

Post by UKres » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 am

Hi all ,
New set lr form is on ukvi website make sure you have latest form

lostsixeven
Newly Registered

Post by lostsixeven » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 am

UKres wrote:Hi all ,

@ UKres
what are the changes?? what happened with your case??

UKres

Post by UKres » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Not sure about chnages i think they put something relating to nhs charges , i have not completed 10 years yet , will be end of August

Suruj44
Newly Registered

Post by Suruj44 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Hello every one
My name is Suruj. I entered in UK 15 th October 2006. Last time I was doing cima in a college. I had visa up to march 2017. But unfortunately my college revoked last April and I got 60 days letter which will finish 22th September 2015.
So if I want to continue for 10 yrs route what do I need to do. If I want to apply for FLR , which form will be perfect for me? Can I get appeal right with that?

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi,every one I posted my wife SET(LR) application on 31/07/2015 it's reach to home office today even though I send it through Saturday guaranteed delivery , so it's going to effect her application send date because I can see they update the SET(LR) form and it's says who make application on or after 3/8/15 . I am wondering they going to send the application back or I am worrying too much , I am waiting for your kind re play . Plz some one add her details on google sheet as dec17 wife . Application post;31/07/15, recived by HO;03/08/15. Thx

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:49 pm

UKres wrote:Not sure about chnages i think they put something relating to nhs charges , i have not completed 10 years yet , will be end of August
Hi mate I just checked the update form there is nothing mention about nhs charges , I can't see any differants in between new one and old one apart from the version plz wait for some experts common on these changes .

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:51 pm

I saw the new form setlr nothing change apart from eea treaty changes. Any thought guys?

UKres

Post by UKres » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Go to declaration section 6 and see "i accept that where i dont qualify .....) thats the only section changed apart from this i cant see any changes.

If you posted you application on sat then that should be fine , they always consider the date of post NOT received.

Thanks
Dec17 wrote:
UKres wrote:Not sure about chnages i think they put something relating to nhs charges , i have not completed 10 years yet , will be end of August
Hi mate I just checked the update form there is nothing mention about nhs charges , I can't see any differants in between new one and old one apart from the version plz wait for some experts common on these changes .

go2tariq
Newly Registered

Post by go2tariq » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi Raj,
I hope the best for your application on 6th August. I am going to Croydon on 10th August. Just wondering how did you fill the section D of application SET (LR). Also did you fill the top section of page 20 to state the reasons for wishing to stay in UK?
Thanks
[quote="rajj121"][quote="hector_blade"]Hey Raj,

I am going to glasgow peo on 10th august as well, please share your experience, will be a great relief, thanks.
Yes wil share InshaaAllah

[quote="rajj121"][quote="wings.007"]Salam Brothers

I have an appointment on PEO next week Wednesday for 10 year Long residence, please i need some comfort I am bit nervous.

My Situation

10 years will complete on 30th July 2015,

I have been student, than I was on PSW, than I applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiring next year.

I will be submitting following:
All Passports with clear entry and exit stamps
Current BRP
Masters degree taught in English and point base calculator printout
Life in UK test pass certificate
2 Recent photographs

Photocopies of all of above,

umark468
Newly Registered

Post by umark468 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:43 pm

I wondered if someone can help
I am going to apply for BC, my daughter is currently on FLR(M) because she was born abroad as my wife is also on FLR (M). Can I apply for my daughter's BC using MN1 form under article 3(1). in the guidance notes its says that other parent must be settled in the UK in order to apply for BC under article 3(1) for child under 18.

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Section d says same as no need to pay health surcharge for ilr application but apply all others limited leave to remain application am I right or wrong pls correct me thanks

go2tariq
Newly Registered

Post by go2tariq » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

My question was specific to D13.
Tripple2 wrote:Section d says same as no need to pay health surcharge for ilr application but apply all others limited leave to remain application am I right or wrong pls correct me thanks

MamaT
Newly Registered

Post by MamaT » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello Members
Finally Its my time to share a great news of my approval today. Alhamdulillah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.
My time line is as follows...

Student Since 2003
Dependant Visa 2007 - 31/07/2015
I went to LIVERPOOL PEO
Admitted in at 9:30am but appointment was at 10:00am went in a bit early as I had travelled from far.
Application Taken at 9:55am
Bio Metric Taken - 10:30am
Approval - 11:15 am
Documents given back immediately and approval letter.
Now waiting for BRP card.

I am really happy and thanks to everyone here. I have been a silent participator.
best of luck to everyone.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Dec17 wrote:Hi,every one I posted my wife SET(LR) application on 31/07/2015 it's reach to home office today even though I send it through Saturday guaranteed delivery , so it's going to effect her application send date because I can see they update the SET(LR) form and it's says who make application on or after 3/8/15 . I am wondering they going to send the application back or I am worrying too much , I am waiting for your kind re play . Plz some one add her details on google sheet as dec17 wife . Application post;31/07/15, recived by HO;03/08/15. Thx
Dont worry

Date of posting counts. which is 31/07/2015.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

silentwhisper
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by silentwhisper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:21 pm

hi mate what exactly specified (exact wording) on your letter provided by cw?

lostsixeven wrote:
UKres wrote:Hi all ,

@ UKres
what are the changes?? what happened with your case??

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:45 pm

hi everyone

Has anybody got an idea how long will this TOEIC investigation will last? Applied August last year I know alot of people are waiting like me. According to my understanding HO do not have the recordings they ask ETS to verify which they do by using a voice biometric software and produce a report. Obviously you need to physical evidence not some report from a 3rd party software which ETS not giving out the details for cuz of data protection. I am not saying that fraud hasn't occurred but innocents are getting dragged in to it as well lets see how it spans out. Seriously i regret the day I took the exam just cuz i couldn't get a date for IELTS and I did IELTS in 2004.

People wit TOEIC history please keep us posted.

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:57 pm

[quote="go2tariq"]Hi Raj,
I hope the best for your application on 6th August. I am going to Croydon on 10th August. Just wondering how did you fill the section D of application SET (LR). Also did you fill the top section of page 20 to state the reasons for wishing to stay in UK?
Thanks
[quote="rajj121"][quote="hector_blade"]Hey Raj,

I am going to glasgow peo on 10th august as well, please share your experience, will be a great relief, thanks.
Yes wil share InshaaAllah

Hi,
Thanks. section D is immigration history, i have put dates of exit entry and reason visit to family. I haven't written any thing in box at page 20 yet... confused what to write... Make sure you fill new set lr form version 08/2015. i will share my experience InshaaAllah positive..

misaw1

Post by misaw1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi Everyone

First of all thanks to immigration board members for making this website and forums so useful to everyone.

I got few questions and would appreciate if any of kind members respond to it.

1. I am about to apply for my ILR in coming months so my query is that I will be qualified for 10 year continue long residence soon but if I wait for some more months I will be qualify for 5 years continuous residence on Tier-1 general as well. I am bit confused what should I do whether 10years long or 5year tier-1 route. So please suggest as after reading few blogs I am really tense which is better route for me.

2. If I apply for long term(10yr) residence for ILR will I have to take out the period of stay under PSW visa(about 11months)
before switching to Tier-1

3. Do I need to show any bank statements for 3 or 6 months as it's not mention in Ukba website but I have seen people submitting it for ILR as well.

4. My wife and son came to Uk in 2014 so does she has to complete 5yr or 2 year continuous stay before I apply for her ILR as they came as dependants of tier-1 general

Many thanks in advance

Please any suggestions and help are really appreciated.

Regards
Abs

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi @ZeeAli @ Omor4real @smir @vinny and all other members. I really need your help.

Basically I had visas from Septmebr 2005 until March 2011 then applied for Tier 1 General, HO refused on 10th May 2011 with full right of appeal.
Appealed against the decision and first tier tribunal dismissed appeal after hearing. Courts decision dated 25th of July 2011 gave me right to appeal to apply in first tier tribunal for permission to appeal to upper tribunal.
29-07- 2011 application to forst tier tribunal for appeal upper tier tribunal,
11-08-2011 first tier tribunal refused or not admitted application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal
18-08-2011 application for permission to appeal in upper tribunal for permission to appeal in upper tribunal
24-11-2011 permission to appeal granted
22-03-2012 Notice of hearing received hearing date 20/04/2012
30-04-2012 Received court's decision dated 30-04-2012 Upper tribunal dismissed appeal with right of appeal for permission to appeal in relevant appellate court ( the court of appeal)
31-05-2015 "The upper court acknowledge receipt of an application for permission to appeal on 29-05-2012"

21-06-2012 The application by the appellant is refused

Reasons for decision:
1- The application for permission to appeal is out of time. However, having regard to the explanation given in the application for extension of time, the upper tribunal extends time for appealing in accordance with rule 5(3) of the tribunal procedure ( upper tribunal) rules 2008
2- The grounds amount no more than an attempt to re-argue the case that has already been properly considered by upper tribunal.grounds are duplicated. Indeed, the final paragraph refers to the application being one for permission o appeal to the upper tribunal
3- the ground do not establish that there is any properly arguable point of law capable of affecting the outcome of appeal or that appeal raises an important point of principle or there is any compelling reason for the appeal to be heard by the court of appeal.
04-09-2012 on 4th of September 2012 court of appeal accepted second appeal
07-12-2012 received a letter of hearing on 13-03-2013
19-03-2012 received another letter from court that the hearing will be either on 15-05-2013 or 16-05-2013
13-05-2013 My solicitor signed a consent order to withdraw appeal without letting me know
The consent order:
upon respondent agreeing, subject the usual checks, to grant the appellant leave to remain for 2 years under tier 1 general of the points based system.
By the consent it is ordered that:
1-The appellant have leave to withdraw this appeal
2-The respondent pay appellant's reasonable cost of this appeal, to be assessed on the standard bases if not agreed.
I got 3 years visa from Aug 2013 to Aug 2016 but lawyer didn't give me the money.

Problems from Subject access report:

Home office sent me 4 letters to attend home office in Croydon between 07-07-2012 to 31-07-2012 which I never received because I moved to new address and asked my solicitor by emails to change the address in November 2011 and again in June 2012.
There are 2 letters in SAR (05-10-2012) saying
NOTICE TO A PERSON LIABLE TO REMOVAL
Specific reasons: your right of appeal exhausted in 18/05/2012 and you became an over stayer.

SAR does contain my 1st permission to appeal in courts appeal in june 2012 but doesn't contain second appeal letter when appeal was granted and they gave me visa. File also contains consent order and then a letter when they issued me visa on same qualification.

I need your expert opinion:

1- Do I qualify for 10 years based set LR?
2- What options I have to get my details updated in home office record?
3- Should I file a case against my solicitor for not updating my details in home office and also not giving me the cost?

I was planning to apply on 14th of August.

Your help will be appreciated.
I have created another http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1224582 with all my case history.
Thanking you in advance.

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:47 am

K4 wrote:hi everyone

Has anybody got an idea how long will this TOEIC investigation will last? Applied August last year I know alot of people are waiting like me. According to my understanding HO do not have the recordings they ask ETS to verify which they do by using a voice biometric software and produce a report. Obviously you need to physical evidence not some report from a 3rd party software which ETS not giving out the details for cuz of data protection. I am not saying that fraud hasn't occurred but innocents are getting dragged in to it as well lets see how it spans out. Seriously i regret the day I took the exam just cuz i couldn't get a date for IELTS and I did IELTS in 2004.

People wit TOEIC history please keep us posted.
Hi K4
I Applied ILR as British Spouse in last October . After I involve my MP HO told they will decide the case in 7 days which has been past a month ago. No reply….Nothing…. :( Don't know how long it gonna take. Note: I had TOEIC is past history.
Last week ne of my mate ( Who applied 12 Months ago under FLR(FP) has British wife and Child ))had a phone call from Case worker, HO requested some pictures with his child and some detail and they said they will decide his application by 12 August.