ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of documents required for FLR for spouse UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

List of documents required for FLR for spouse UK

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:03 pm

My Wife came to UK from Pakistan as I earned an Income of £21,000 a year she was given a Visa after 2 months and 3 weeks thankfully. Now in order for me to prepare for the coming years I wanted to know what the documents required for FLR. Also I had more questions such as :

1. My Wife did an English Test in Pakistan (City & Guilds ) A1 ESOL Speaking Listening and Reading, now when I come towards FLR does she need to do another test?

2. My wife has her passport and Biometric Resident Permit how am I suppose to get any other form of I.D in order to register her for a local GP?

Thanks guys for answering my questions :D :)

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

Re: List of documents required for FLR for spouse UK

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Urgent help required please.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Adam_Ahmed786 wrote:My Wife came to UK from Pakistan as I earned an Income of £21,000 a year she was given a Visa after 2 months and 3 weeks thankfully. Now in order for me to prepare for the coming years I wanted to know what the documents required for FLR. Also I had more questions such as :

1. My Wife did an English Test in Pakistan (City & Guilds ) A1 ESOL Speaking Listening and Reading, now when I come towards FLR does she need to do another test? Not for FLR

2. My wife has her passport and Biometric Resident Permit how am I suppose to get any other form of I.D in order to register her for a local GP? You don't need any other form of identity for GP registration.

Thanks guys for answering my questions :D :)
Here's a link to the guide for FLR(M). Read through and come back with any specific questions.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 pm

2. Besides the passport and BRP card, she will need proof of address. If she doesn't have anything in her name, you will need to write a letter and provide a recent proof of address in your name (speaking from experience working for a GP surgery)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:38 pm

I did already look at that it didnt answer my question though. can somebody please help it stated on there that
"If you sat a test on or after 6th April 2015 you do not need to provide any documentary evidence
of your test with your application. Instead, you should provide your SELT unique electronic
reference number, provided by the awarding body". My wife did the test January 2015 so does that mean coming to FLR (m) will she have to do another test?

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Thank you CR001,

SO What sort of letter would I need to write/ use in order to state my wife lives with me at my address seen as she only has her passport and BRP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:51 pm

To Whom It May Concern :

This serves to confirm that Mrs Full Name Middle Name Surname, date of birth 1/2/1900 and passport number ABC123 is my wife and arrived in the UK on 3/4/2014. She is living with me at address : 123 One Street, Town, AB1 2CD and has done so since arriving in the UK.

She does not currently have any correspondence in her name but I have included my most recent (bank statement, credit card statement, utility bill, etc) for confirmation.

Please feel free to contact me should you require any additional information.

Yours sincerely,

Mr X Y Z
This is of course assuming that she is registering at the same GP surgery where you are registered. You would do well to fully read the FLR(M) form as if she has nothing on her name at your address, she will face problems proving cohabitation when extending her visa etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 pm

I believe that Council Tax is one of the quickest options to add a name to an account.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Her test is likely only acceptable until 5th November 2015 and she will need another test for extension.

Page 62 of the FLR (M) Form (Click) lists the types of documents HO expect to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

English Test for FLR PAKISTAN

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 am

Hi,

My wife finally got her visa in July 2015 and she did the English Test of A1 City & Guilds Reading, Listening, Speaking in JANUARY 2015. Now in order for me to slowly prepare for FLR after 2.5 years which English Test will my wife have to do as I know its only valid for short time. Please dont paste website links to different Tests just tell me the name of the test she needs to do as she did her test before 6 April 2015 due to a new rule put in place? What is the Name of the test please.

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa UK (List if you meet £18,600 in One JOB)

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 pm

If you meet the criteria in one Job I have prepared a list for all of you if you wish to Apply for your wife/husband from Pakistan to England then here is what I had and had my wife visa ACCEPTED within 2 months and 3 weeks.

List of Documents Required for Spouse Visa UK
- Go to the following website and register :
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
WHEN FILLING IN THIS FORM ALL THE INFORMATION ASKED IS AS IF YOUR SPOUSE IF FILLING IN THE FORM SO IN YOUR CASE WHEN THEY ASK FOR DETAILS ITS ALL YOUR WIFE,HUSBAND DETAILS NOT YOURS (ONLY ON ONE SECTION WHICH I WILL SHOW YOU).
Fill in a form called VAF4A through the website and when you get to pick an appointment click save and log out (DO NOT PICK AN APPOINTMENT DATE).
- PRINT OUT FORM APPENDIX 2 OF VAF4A and fill it in with a BLACK PEN.
- Photocopy your passport from front and from the picture page. Go to any solicitors to have it STAMPED AND SIGNED to verify this is you.
- DO THE SAME with your wife/husband passport the picture side and the SHANATI CARD. MAKE SURE PASSPORT HAS CORRECT SPELLING OF HER NAME AND ALSO ON THE GREEN CARD (SHANATI CARD). IF THERE IS ONLY HER FIRST NAME ON SHANAKTI CARD ITS COMMON SO GET AN ENGLISH VERSION MADE SEE BELOW. IN Pakistan they call this a SMART CARD:
EXAMPLE: (Once You Made the Copies Take it To any Solicitor in Pakistan and verify it)

- MAKE SURE YOU GET HER BIRTH CERTIFICATE DONE IN ENGLISH AND DOUBLE CHECK ON THERE THAT HER NAME IS WRITTEN IN FULL AND THERE ARE NO SPELLING MISTAKES.
- A week before you fly off to Pakistan send her to get the Tuberculosis (TB) done so that it is fresh date and done in time. It will look like a certificate once done.
- With you having your Nikkah Nama done ( Nikkah in URDU) have that done in English so it will be a marriage certificate in English.
- PUT WEDDING PHOTOS OR WEDDING VIDEO ON CD (30 PHOTOS AND MAINLY THE ONES WITH YOU AND YOUR WIFE AND WITH YOUR FAMILY AND HER FAMILY).
- Put her English Test Certificates in here.
- Put in Evidence of Phone Calls/Skype/Viber (NEVER PUT IN PHONE CARDS)
- Put in Evidence of you sending money to her ( Receipts )
- PUT IN ALL THE ACCOMADATION LETTERS AND LAND REGITRY NOW SO START OF BY PUTTING IN : Letter from your dad stating you can live in that house on a RENT FREE Basis however long you like.
Put in an sponsorship declaration that you are sponsoring your wife she’s currently in Pakistan etc.
Land Registry
Put in the house measurements excluding bathrooms and Spam
- A Letter head with TISSUE DIRECT stating when you started there generally month and year and state how much you are on a year and also it’s a permanent job. Put the date on that letter a week before you go Pakistan.
- PUT IN YOUR PAYSLIPS INCLUDING ANY TAX LETTERS TO YOU OR P60.
- PUT IN 6 MONTHS OF BANK STATEMENTS CHECK EACH MONTH ON THERE THAT THE MONEY HAS BEEN GOING IN from your work place.

navodwickra

Re: English Test for FLR PAKISTAN

Post by navodwickra » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Adam_Ahmed786 wrote:Hi,

My wife finally got her visa in July 2015 and she did the English Test of A1 City & Guilds Reading, Listening, Speaking in JANUARY 2015. Now in order for me to slowly prepare for FLR after 2.5 years which English Test will my wife have to do as I know its only valid for short time. Please dont paste website links to different Tests just tell me the name of the test she needs to do as she did her test before 6 April 2015 due to a new rule put in place? What is the Name of the test please.
If the test your wife did is still in the acceptable test table then even if it has been expired you can still use it. Only condition is she has to use it in her previous (or first application in your case) application and that application has to be a successful one. I rang home office regarding this matter because my wife is in the same situation and they confirmed she can use it.

Adam_Ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by Adam_Ahmed786 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:03 pm

My wife did the test named: A1 CITY & GUILDS SPEAKING LISTENING AND WRITING. She did it in Jan 2015 so she wouldnt need to do another english test?

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Adam_Ahmed786 wrote:My wife did the test named: A1 CITY & GUILDS SPEAKING LISTENING AND WRITING. She did it in Jan 2015 so she wouldnt need to do another english test?
I am afraid it's not in the acceptable table anymore , she can use it till 5th Nov 2015 though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf