ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

macwil
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application process time 2015

Post by macwil » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

hi can anyone tell me how much time it takes to process EEA2 Residence card. I applied on 2 July and BRP submited on 10 July and no sign after that. I neither get COA letter nor Right to Work letter. Should I asked them to send me one?
Thank you. your reply will be of great help

Mileman
Argentina

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Mileman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:05 pm

bilirserdar wrote:Hi Guys,
Today I have written a mail to HO regarding my wife's status change.
She was student when i applied in April.
She is jobseeker now. Also I have attached her email invitations to interviews. I am hoping that It will help and they won't say anything in the future.

I was hoping by the 1st week of august all March applicants will be cleared up and will be time for April applicants.

So annoying they have just started to March applicants.
I think we have to wait ours at the end of october :shock:
Bili, lets keep each other updated on how things go.

I am on the same boat as you are, wife went from student to job seeker, however, I did not send this extra info to the HO, I was told she was directly defaulted to job seeker. If things go well, I should have some news before you, so I think either for positive or negative my eventual result will at least provide you some perspective!
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

Mileman
Argentina

Re: EEA2 Application process time 2015

Post by Mileman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:08 pm

macwil wrote:hi can anyone tell me how much time it takes to process EEA2 Residence card. I applied on 2 July and BRP submited on 10 July and no sign after that. I neither get COA letter nor Right to Work letter. Should I asked them to send me one?
Mac, standard times are at least 6 months for 95% of the applications,some may go over that. If you have a straightforward case, some RCs have been issued as fast as 4/4.5 months from the date of COA. And there are people who are way over the six months unfortunately.

As far as COAs go, there are a few different sources of info...latest has been that they are taking up to 15 working days from the biometrics date to send the COA, but we have seen cases take longer and some take less.

I hope this helps.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:09 pm

sandeshk wrote:Hey guys If anybody can pls help with this query, I will be applying next week.

"I came on Family visit visa under the UK immigration law. Just want to make sure that can i still apply for EEA FM from Family visit visa"

Thanks
Is it family visit or family permit your current document?

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Mileman wrote:
She is jobseeker now. Also I have attached her email invitations to interviews. I am hoping that It will help and they won't say anything in the future.

I was hoping by the 1st week of august all March applicants will be cleared up and will be time for April applicants.

I am on the same boat as you are, wife went from student to job seeker, however, I did not send this extra info to the HO, I was told she was directly defaulted to job seeker. If things go well, I should have some news before you, so I think either for positive or negative my eventual result will at least provide you some perspective!
Mileman
I know its not necessary but I have read in the forum under another topic dated back 2013, someone has been refused to grant 5 years RC just because of this situation. The key issue here not being student anymore but about being self sufficient. They refused his application coz he graduated and had around 1k money in his account and he has been told that he cant sponsor the non-eea nation due to lack of finance which is utter bullshit.
%99 nothing gonna happen but when it comes to %1 i cant take this risk because I might lose my job in terms of losing COA

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:14 pm

bilirserdar wrote:
Mileman wrote:

Mileman
I know its not necessary but I have read in the forum under another topic dated back 2013, someone has been refused to grant 5 years RC just because of this situation. The key issue here not being student anymore but about being self sufficient. They refused his application coz he graduated and had around 1k money in his account and he has been told that he cant sponsor the non-eea nation due to lack of finance which is utter bullshit.
%99 nothing gonna happen but when it comes to %1 i cant take this risk because I might lose my job in terms of losing COA
You did the right thing, I would have done it myself but I think my luck has been decided already!!

Let´s see how the whole thing plays out.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Mileman

I was very unlucky with this application.
I made my first app. at April 11th
I was unaware payment fee has been changed and my app. returned to me after 15 days.
Then I have submitted new app. with correct fee this time my biometrics letter was lost in the post.
I have received them after 12 days.
They coa took 7days to arrive.

So in total i Have lost 15+12+7 = 34 days.

the whole application made me aware not trusting HO:)

sandeshk

Post by sandeshk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Hey Mileman

Its a family visit visa

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:31 pm

sandeshk wrote:Hey Mileman

Its a family visit visa

Not sure how long those last, I think most people here started out with something a bit more permanent, but as long as you do it while it is valid maybe you should be fine.

Try the expat forum as well, the moderators there have very solid info!

ukstorm1
Newly Registered

Post by ukstorm1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 pm

sandeshk wrote:Hey Mileman

Its a family visit visa
Hi,
Your pre-application status is irrelevant. But according to some members of this forum it plays a role of how long your application looked into. You may have a home visit or interview if your status not very clear.
I assume you talking about 6 months family visit visa. It doesn't allow you to get married. Are you married or not?

sandeshk

Post by sandeshk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm

we got married in India and we have a son too

Thanks

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:05 pm

macwil wrote:hi can anyone tell me how much time it takes to process EEA2 Residence card. I applied on 2 July and BRP submited on 10 July and no sign after that. I neither get COA letter nor Right to Work letter. Should I asked them to send me one?
Hi macwil. We have the same timelines (submitted 30/6/15) and I have heard nothing back. I have called them today and they informed me that it now takes 8 weeks from submission to issue a COA!!!!

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Dirk, did you receive your COA already?

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:50 pm

UKBA...ARRG wrote:
Hi macwil. We have the same timelines (submitted 30/6/15) and I have heard nothing back. I have called them today and they informed me that it now takes 8 weeks from submission to issue a COA!!!!
Oh no, how can it take so long? I just got suspended from my job because of pending COA.. huhuhu

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:10 pm

I know, I have a job lined up as well and all I am waiting for is a COA!!!
The frustrating thing is that there is nothing we can do about it!

TIMELINE
EEA (FM) Submitted: 29/06/2015
Royal Mail Acknowledgement of delivery: 30/06/2015
Money taken out of account on: 02/07/2015
Biometrics letter dated 02/07/2015: (Received 06/07/2015)
Biometrics submitted at post office: 08/07/2015
Request for Passport Return: 13/07/2015 (Note, well and truly over the 10 working days!)
Passport Returned: PENDING
COA: PENDING
RC: PENDING (Aiming for Mid November 2015)

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:20 pm

bilirserdar wrote:Mileman

I was very unlucky with this application.
I made my first app. at April 11th
I was unaware payment fee has been changed and my app. returned to me after 15 days.
Then I have submitted new app. with correct fee this time my biometrics letter was lost in the post.
I have received them after 12 days.
They coa took 7days to arrive.

So in total i Have lost 15+12+7 = 34 days.

the whole application made me aware not trusting HO:)
I sypathize with you, as I had to resubmit my application as well. ur lucky that u have ur COA already..

Deek141
Newly Registered

Post by Deek141 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Just thought I should share this.
A friend is in the middle of getting divorce,her eea patner has being in a new relatioship over six months now.she tried to apply for RC based on durable relationship but Home office after conducting a home visit refused the application on the basis that the home secretary recognise her ealier marriage to my friend.My friends divorce should be finalised in aboput 2months and he has prove of cohabitation for the past 3.5yrs ie joint statements ,utility bills etc.Ex is working full time.
My querry is how straightforward and/complex will his ROR application???

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I enrolled my biometrics 10 days after yours. They stated in the website that it should take at least 21 days but I guess they're sticking to the 8 weeks thing. How can it be so hard for them to print that COA?

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:28 pm

aurora77 wrote:I enrolled my biometrics 10 days after yours. They stated in the website that it should take at least 21 days but I guess they're sticking to the 8 weeks thing. How can it be so hard for them to print that COA?
Hi Aurora77

Yes, I was told something similar (15 working days in my case), but as you can see from my timelines I am over the 15 working days (or 21 calendar days). Hence, why I think they will now stick to their 8 week deadline now.

diyou83

Post by diyou83 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 pm

hello everyone need some info pls,
how i can update my husband employment he recently change workplace?tia
second EEA2 1st one is 2010
sent form ~~17/06
received ~~18/06
biometric received ~~26/06dated 23/06
biometric done ~~ 27/06
coa with right to work ~~20/07dated 17/07
doc&letter rec ~~~~ 17/06 dated 14/06
rc ~~*@*~~ 18/06/2015

aloo

Post by aloo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Hello everyone ,
I really want to ask if anyone knows how to let home office know about eea work place changed while application under process . ?
Thank you .

Applied begining of May 2015
Biometrict 22 of may
COA 26 of may.
Residen card pendin.

I have applied for a Second resident card. First time process was in just 65 calendar day in 2013 .

aloo

Post by aloo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Hello , i just saw your timeline and my satuation is similar , i changed my job but our application in underprocess can you tell me how to write to home office about new job ?
Thnk you .

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:03 am

aloo wrote:

Hello , i just saw your timeline and my satuation is similar , i changed my job but our application in underprocess can you tell me how to write to home office about new job ?
Thnk you .
bili, maybe you can tell this folks where you sent the letter?

or, you guys cam ask here 0300 123 2253

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:10 am

@aurora77

Still not turned up.

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:59 am

any update for December , January Applications ..
iv submitted mine Married EEA2 on December and did not receive anything apart from COA with right to wrok.
its been over 6 month . rung them may times and got same response which is (STILL IN PROCESS).....

have you guys any update of your applications who made in DECEMBER , JANUARY