ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamping on top of the ILR sticker

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rena
Newly Registered

Stamping on top of the ILR sticker

Post by Rena » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:48 am

Hi,

Just as curiosity, I ask this question. In my passport, I have lot of pages remaining. But when I was returning from holiday, the immigration officer put the arrival stamp on top of the ILR sticker. Its ok but what I feel is that sticker is made of using highly sophisticated techlogy with digitalized photo. Under blue color light it can be identified as dodgy or not. Nevertheless, by putting the seal top of that sticker, immigration officer herself ruining that checking facility. Any comments please.....

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:54 am

was it your first time entering the country with ilr
they seem to like to do that with new stickers

Rena
Newly Registered

Post by Rena » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:05 am

Yes, it was the first time. But, chances of checking the gunuinety of the sticker would be ruined or diminished under blue light....Isn't it common sense?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:37 am

It could also be argued the other way around... using common sense. Once an endorsement has been stamped there is no need to check the authenticity of the sticker as the IO would not have stamped it unless it was clear that it was indeed genuine.

It saves future IOs from having to check the sticker once they see a stamp on it. Plus, many IOs have a machine that reads the holographic part of the endorsement with a small green and red light which turns green only of the sticker is genuine. The stamping does not interfere with it.
Jabi

immigration1

Post by immigration1 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 am

For first time entry, stamp will usually be endorsed on the entry clearance. Genuinity can easily be checked on the rest of the vignette. In any event, they can simply check by contacting the issuing authority...