ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of first name!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summer08

change of first name!

Post by summer08 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:22 am

Hi All,
My son 12 years old got his BC and passport five months ago and I would like to change his first name. Is that possible now and do I need to apply for a new citizenship certificate and a new passport?
Please advise.

LilyLalilu

Re: change of first name!

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:49 am

You can get a deed poll and then just apply for a new passport in his new name.

Please note that if he has any other nationalities, the names in these passports should also be changed.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

summer08

Post by summer08 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:52 am

LilyLalilu wrote:You can get a deed poll and then just apply for a new passport in his new name.

Please note that if he has any other nationalities, the names in these passports should also be changed.

Thank you for your advice.
Do I need to apply for a new citizenship certificate in his new name or just apply for a new passport ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 pm

just apply for a new passport
And you will need to send the deed poll to prove the change of name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 pm

No, you don't need to apply for a new certificate, just apply for the new passport once you got the deed poll of change of name :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.