ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

An on RLMT salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbapai
Newly Registered

An on RLMT salary

Post by mbapai » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:32 am

hi all,
My company has consented to sponsoring me and So my has posted the advert in job centre plus and indeed.com. However am seeing the salary stated there is 55000 to 60000 GBP.
However my salary is 45000 GBP. Will that in any way cause a problem while they issue the COs.? Or is it a problem only if the salary given to me is higher than that in the advertisement?

can somebody please let me know?

GettingTier2

Re: An on RLMT salary

Post by GettingTier2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:37 am

mbapai wrote:hi all,
My company has consented to sponsoring me and So my has posted the advert in job centre plus and indeed.com. However am seeing the salary stated there is 55000 to 60000 GBP.
However my salary is 45000 GBP. Will that in any way cause a problem while they issue the COs.? Or is it a problem only if the salary given to me is higher than that in the advertisement?

They are supposed to give you the salary as advertised. Otherwise, I don't think it conforms to the UKVI's rules...

Cuz it would have been false advertising.

Check the Tier 2 Sponsor Guide for details.

mbapai
Newly Registered

Post by mbapai » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:06 am

It could be that they Advertised with the Salary they can affort to give prospective employees so that they can get the best of skills. And then when I was interviewed and selected, I stated an expected salary of 45000. So they gave me what I quoted, and its well above the Minimum Occupational salary mandated by UKBA. So would it still be a problem?

GettingTier2

Post by GettingTier2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:16 am

mbapai wrote:It could be that they Advertised with the Salary they can affort to give prospective employees so that they can get the best of skills. And then when I was interviewed and selected, I stated an expected salary of 45000. So they gave me what I quoted, and its well above the Minimum Occupational salary mandated by UKBA. So would it still be a problem?
Check clause 28.22 on Tier 2 sponsor guide. It says if what you are being offered is higher than what's being advertised would not bot allowed...

In your case, it is lower, so I assume it's fine. 8)

However, I didn't study the whole policy that thoroughly, so I would suggest you check it :D :D

mbapai
Newly Registered

Post by mbapai » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:47 am

Thank you GettingTier2. I did check many sites, but did not find if its ok for the migrant to have a salary below the advert but a salary which is above the UKBA minimum stated for the occupation.

Does any one here have similar experiences? Would be helpful if you please let me know. Manci and MoonLight can you please let me kknow what you think?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:55 am

The salary offered should be within the range of advertised salary for RLMT.

Regards,
Hassan

mbapai
Newly Registered

RLMT should I apply for the job even though employed

Post by mbapai » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:24 am

Hi All,

My employer has posted the ad on Jobcentre plus and indeed. The Ad is going to be up until the 8th Aug afyter which he plans to apply for the CoS in the Sept quota.
I am already employed with the same employer on a Tier-2 ICT dependant visa since Feb 2015. I would like to know if I should apply for this job advert to be considered for the role. My employer says I dont need to and he does have my resume and details , and since I am an internal candidate I dont need to apply.

I am a bit concerned. Any thoughts from other experienced members here?

jashds

Post by jashds » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:50 am

Yes. I was asked by my company lawyer to officially apply for the job advertised on JobCentre before the end date/closing date mentioned.

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Your salary needs to be between 55000 to 60000 GBP if that is what is stated on the advert.

mbapai wrote:hi all,