ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR parents of UK born baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR parents of UK born baby

Post by tulipz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi all,
My husband and I are ILR holders. We finished 1 year on ILR now and we are about to apply for UK citizenship. We have a 6yr old child (ILR) and I am currently pregnant with our second child.
I understand that once the baby is born, he/she can apply for British Passport directly. Would we save any money/time by applying after the baby gets the passport? (as parents of British citizen or something?)

Any relevant advice is gratefully recieved...

Regards,
Tulipz

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR parents of UK born baby

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Baby's British passport will neither save money nor time with regards to parents' naturalisation applications.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

secret.simon

Re: ILR parents of UK born baby

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:48 am

tulipz wrote:I understand that once the baby is born, he/she can apply for British Passport directly.
Only if s/he is born in the UK (while you are on ILR). If s/he is born after you have been naturalised, s/he will be British wherever in the world s/he is born.

Your baby's citizenship status is irrelevant to yours.