ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick query- please answer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsm2010

Quick query- please answer

Post by nsm2010 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:47 am

my current country of residence is not my home country and I took work permit to work in my current country of work. Now I want to know that

1) Wether I can keep my work permit status in my current country of residence, in order to pass critical two years under my HSMP in UK and later on discard work permit status?

2)and wether doing so will not harm my HSMP status in UK? as this is only pre-cautionary step.

I will appreciate your quick respone in this regard.

nsm2010

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:34 am

No one can answer without more info.
What do you think we need to know from you to answer your question?

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:37 am

It depends on the work permit rules of the country you are currently residing.

With regards to HSMP, I don't think it will be affected by your work permit status with another country. I just wonder though if you can actually maintain the work permit status if you're not working there.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Somehow your query does not make sense.

Please ask a clear, proper question if you need a quick answer.

Cheers.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:40 pm

I am currently working in Saudi Arabia on work permit and want to keep work permit for atleast one more year without working in Saudi arabia. It require visiting Saudi arabia once in 6 months.
I am thinking of keeping my work permit in Saudi Arabia temporarily, until I get settled in the UK on my HSMP visa, now I want to ask u people that doing so would cast any dark shadow on my HSMP status in UK? or not. and wether upon arrival at the airport, the immigration officer will going to check my passport with final exit stamp from Saudi Arabia or not?

I will appreciate your comments.

nsm2010

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:32 pm

hsmp has nothing to do with work permit of other country. and the immigration officer has nothing to say about your last port of entry.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:09 am

but when i went to stamp my EC in Jeddah consulate, they mentioned that HSMP is equivalent to Work Permit UK and this visa require that you resign your job and stamp final exit from Saudi Arabia and then apply for EC again.
But when in applied from Riyadh Embassy (same Country, different cities) nobody questioned me about my intentions to leave or not.
Now, I am wondering that upon arrival fi the immigration officer having the same thoughts as Jeddah Consulate, then they will create problems for me in Entry Clearnce??????
nsm2010