ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation application with driving conviction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

naturalisation application with driving conviction

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:48 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I need really help about the application and form filling!!

I need help regarding naturalisation application.
in 2012 I applied for naturalisation application on the basis of marriage to a british citizen.
My application was refused , the reason was explained: I had a driving conviction LC 20, Driving otherwise than in accordance, £135 fine and 3 driving pints by court in november 2010.
HO adviced , i should apply in november 2015 when my conviction becomes spent.
My question is will my application now be successful if i apply now, i want to apply now because under new rehabilitation rule my fine is spent one year after my conviction, HO web site also says, if the conviction was within last 3 years application is unlikely to be successful, does it mean my application will be successful as it was 4 years ago? i do not have any other conviction or any bad things.

also they are making application form complicated.
in the AN form they ask, 10 years employment history, i did not have job 2 years out of 7 years of residency in uk.
the form asks the tax reference in one column, I work on casual basis and work for 5 companies, should I mention 5 places? if so, i have only one column in form to write tax reference number, where should i write tax reference for other 4 companies?

1.16 : it asks me for my address that's fine, i have been living at the same address for last 7 years but at 1.17 it asks again the address for last 5 years, should i fill that part or i have already filled my 7 years address at 1.16 and i do not have to fill that again?

1.25: it asks to chose the english awarding body and SELT unique electronics reference number, I have done B1 english from trinity college, should i fill SELT unique reference number?

1.48: your occupation: i work as a door supervisor(security sia), what occupation should i write? security guard or security officer?

1.50: it asks for my employer, i work for 5 security companies on 0 hours contract(casual basis), which company should i mention there? which company tax reference should i provide?

2.2: give details of absent? i went to saudi arabia to pilgrimage(hajj), a muslim pilgrimage, i went on 24th september and returned on 15th october, how manyy days should i write and what reason should i put? should i put the word '' pilgrimage '' only?
on the bottom asks again total absent, should i put total absent days again.
that was only my absent during last 7 years in the uk.

3.1: do u have a criminal conviction? i have the only conviction in 2010 which is spent, should i still mention this on the form? driving otherwise than in accordance with the licence, £135 fine and 3 driving points by court in 2010.

reference: is it ok if my reference says he is my friend? or he has to explain how does he know me or any explanation?

6.12: Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?

my finger print was taken in two occassions, last time when i applied for NTL(NOT ILR), i had to transfer visa to BRP because my previous passport was expired and i decided to apply for NTL because i was traveling abroad.

1st time my finger print was taken when i first applied for spouce visa in bangladesh.
which date should i mention? 1st instance or 2nd instance when applied for NTL

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them.

should i put tick mark for this option?

last question is what documents should i sent with the application?
I have been living in the uk for 7 years, my wife is born british citizen .
i have passed life in the uk and b1 english test from trinity college exam recently.

I would save money and get rid of stress if anyone could kindly help me regarding this please.

thanks in advance.

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Re: cannot read any reply message

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I know I'm asking too many questions if anyone could at least answer as much they can I would appreciate

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Referee

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:37 pm

I forgot to ask I know a optician who works for boots optician as a optician, can he be a referee, optician is on the list of home office but not sure any private company optician is eligible to be a referee

Thanks

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Helpful people on this site

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi all
One thing I appreciate is people in this site so helpful gives advice and make us aware of a lot of things when u go to advisor he or she does not look into everything due to their time

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Admin

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Thanks a lot to admin for your quick reply

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

HO fee for naturalisation

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Does anyone know when you apply for naturalisation via NCS, do NCS take the payment through a card machine instantly from you on the day you book appointment with them?
Or they want you to give them payment slip filing card details?

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Language test Naturalisation application

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:08 pm

I passed B1 GESE grade 5 from a centre of Trinity college.
My question is: is it on the Home office approval list?
there is a section in the application form, which asks SELT number, where can i find this number on the certificate, also, in section 1.23, two option: asking if it in the home office approval list or it is ofqual register? which one should i chose?
1.26:im not sure about the details, need help please:
title of qualification?
level of qualification?
award reference number?
date of qualification?

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Volunteer and Good corrector requirment

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:13 pm

I need help please..

I have been convicted by court in 2010, LC20 driving otherwise than in accordance with a license, £135 total which includes court fees and fine, I drove a motorcycle 125cc on a motorway which was my genuine mistake, i paid the fine but case was forwarded to court for unknown reason and my fine was refunded. I have a CBT License which allows me to ride a motorcycle upto 125 cc anywhere but motorway.

I volunteered for london 2012, I have been volunteering for newham volunteer for last 3/4 years, should I attch this with my naturalisation application? will it help caseworker to consider good corrector requirment?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: naturalisation application with driving conviction

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:13 pm

I know you are in a hurry to make 10 posts to be enable to use the PM function.
But while doing so please post your queries about your naturalisation application under a single topic, and not clutter the forum with new topics for every question that pops up in your mind.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Re: Refused British Citizenship due to being in the UK Illeg

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:25 pm

Need help to clearify:

Also please let me know if I am eligible.

Here is my immigration history :

I entered UK illegaly in 2006, I was never arrested by HO, they only came to know when I was leaving heathrow airport with travel permit(from my bangladesh high commission), immigration officer asked me how did i come, if i worked bla bla bla, I said I came ilegaly in 2006 but never worked, I said I have been married(islamic marriage) to a british citizen, now I am going back to my home country Bangladesh, will register my marriage there and apply for spouce visa from British high commission in Bangladesh and come back to UK. They took my finger print.

I went back to bangladesh , my wife went to bangladesh to join me and we registered our marriage in bangladesh and applied for spouce visa which was granted and came to uk in 2008.

I got ILR on the basis of my marriage.
I have passed life in the uk test recently
I have passed B1 entry 3 english test.
I am still married to british citizen(my wife).

One fact i read in your web site:
If you entered uk ilegaly within last 10 years your application will not be successful which is a part of good corrector requirement.
My query is does it apply to my case?
Do you think my application maybe refused for this reason?

Thanks

shelimashrafahmed
Newly Registered
India

Re: Date of entry - illegal followed by ILR

Post by shelimashrafahmed » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:28 am

Person has to show evidence that he or she entered on that day, if entered illegally documents or letters should be shown, a letter from GP , old bank statement, any letter showing the date and address could be evidence

vinny

Re: Date of entry - illegal followed by ILR

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:15 am

With the new Good Character interpretation, they expect applicants to have legally resided in the UK during the preceding 10 years, if they were in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.