ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaweb
Member of Standing

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by jaweb » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 pm

[quote="rakeysh.patel"]Postman has just been - a brown envelope but from HMRC :( :x[/quote]

Tomorrow will be your day ;-)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:06 pm

[quote="shalma19"]Hi guys I recieved my Approvel letter today, dated july the 23rd :mrgreen:
Applied on march the 31st,
Rang the council to book the ceremony but they say that they have not recieved my documents yet so ill have to ring them back again,

Any idea whats going on guys???[/quote]

Just give the council a call a few days later. Usually the dispatch the approval letter along with the certificate at the same time and they have not received their posts yet or no one has sorted it out yet. Patience! The most important is the approval ;-)

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Congrats to all the people who have received their approvals today and over the last few days.
Best of Luck to all the people who are waiting including me. Hope this week brings a good news for all of us IN SHA ALLAH :D

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 pm

I just had another on of those tongue in a cheek moment and rang the registration office - Imagine my joy when they said we have two Patel on our list thats just came through [since my wife and I applied together] - joy was short lived and as those two names weren't ours! oh well.. one day!! Hang in folks, I think its made us more on the edge seeing others who applied in beginning March getting approval..It will come through, I am going to be over and outing for while again.. I have a big evening ahead of me!! Good luck all x
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:20 pm

I applied through NCS from another city as the NCS services was not available here in my town. So in case do i have to contact my local council or that council from where i submitted the application ?

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:47 pm

tulip11 wrote:I applied through NCS from another city as the NCS services was not available here in my town. So in case do i have to contact my local council or that council from where i submitted the application ?
I did the same tulip. I live in Northern Ireland and there's no NCS so I went to London. But I rang my local council and they said it doesn't matter what NCS service you used. It's your local council who gets your certificate.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:04 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
tulip11 wrote:I applied through NCS from another city as the NCS services was not available here in my town. So in case do i have to contact my local council or that council from where i submitted the application ?
I did the same tulip. I live in Northern Ireland and there's no NCS so I went to London. But I rang my local council and they said it doesn't matter what NCS service you used. It's your local council who gets your certificate.
Thanks Ironmaiden :) Any brown envelope at your door step ?

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:41 pm

tulip11 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:
Thanks Ironmaiden :) Any brown envelope at your door step ?
You're welcome :) I'm still at work so I don't know yet if there's a brown envelope waiting for me but I'm pretty sure that I will see some white ones! lol

newbie23
Newly Registered

Post by newbie23 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:42 pm

goldencreeper wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Year Route ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK and UK degree
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: West Berkshire
Date of application: 02-03-2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgment:
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Helllo

I have very similar circumstances. I was wondering if you could tell me how long the whole application process took?

Kind Regards

m10
Newly Registered

Post by m10 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:44 pm

I live in another council however I applied via Camden Council. At the time of going through my application along with my documents, the NCS girl asked me which council would I like to do my Naturalization / Oath Ceremony through. Because I work in Central London, I chose to go ahead with Camden Council itself. That's the reason why Camden Council received my certificate.

I assume the person who helped you with your application must have not asked you this question at the time of submitting your application so let's hope your local council receives your certificate instead.

Wish you good luck with your application. God bless !!

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:50 pm

m10 wrote:
I live in another council however I applied via Camden Council. At the time of going through my application along with my documents, the NCS girl asked me which council would I like to do my Naturalization / Oath Ceremony through. Because I work in Central London, I chose to go ahead with Camden Council itself. That's the reason why Camden Council received my certificate.

I assume the person who helped you with your application must have not asked you this question at the time of submitting your application so let's hope your local council receives your certificate instead.

Yes NCS lady didnt ask me anything regarding this. Thanks m10 :) and congrats on your approval :)

m10
Newly Registered

Post by m10 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:57 am

tulip11 wrote:
m10 wrote:

Yes NCS lady didnt ask me anything regarding this. Thanks m10 :) and congrats on your approval :)
Thank you :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 am

Here is the timeline for my husband

Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): ESOL B1 & LIUK
Current nationality: Algerian
Method of application:NCS
Council name if NCS used: Kingston Upon Thames
Date of application: 02/03/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:04/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment:10/03/2015- dated 06/03/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:06/03/2015
Date approval received: 01/08/2015 dated 24/07/2015
Date of ceremony: 20/08/2015

Last update. Ceremony is booked by 20 August and hopefully he could apply for passport on that day :-)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:32 am

I can see pause again :(

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 am

tulip11 wrote:I can see pause again :(
Was your postman there?

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Congratulations to all who received approval. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i am still waiting and hope to hear some good news soon with other also waiting.

16th March Applicant :roll: :roll:

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
Was your postman there?
I am not at home so cant say :( what about you ?

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:44 pm

tulip11 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:
Was your postman there?
I am not at home so cant say :( what about you ?
Same here, I'm not at home either. Be positive, the brown envelope might be waiting for you at home :)

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Mondays and Tuesdays are usually quite in terms of receiving apprOvals ! Lets hope the best for the rest of the week IN SHA ALLAH

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Was your postman there?[/quote]
I am not at home so cant say :( what about you ?[/quote]

Same here, I'm not at home either. Be positive, the brown envelope might be waiting for you at home :)[/quote]

No luck for me again... Might be tomorrow then! :lol:

simplyme
Newly Registered

Post by simplyme » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 pm

.. Received a brown envelop.. Was shaking until i read the back. HMRC.
Damn it

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:18 am

jaweb wrote:Here is the timeline for my husband

Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): ESOL B1 & LIUK

Last update. Ceremony is booked by 20 August and hopefully he could apply for passport on that day :-)
Hi jaweb

I applied through Kingston as well but when I called them yesterday they booked me in for 26th August bit weird as they only hold ceremonies once a month so I'm confused how come you got it for the 20th? Did you book through a different council?

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 am

jamiluddin wrote:My wife got approval today .she applied on 7th march. Home office mentioned in the letter that an ceremony invitation letter will follow shortly and told not to phone local council now.i'm confused now. Should I wait for another letter from home office or call council straightaway
Following my approval the lady did my ncs told me the Sam however i called local council they took my reference number and booked me in for this month so I am sure if you can do the same?

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:51 am

[quote="Still.Waiting"][quote="jaweb"]Here is the timeline for my husband

Last update. Ceremony is booked by 20 August and hopefully he could apply for passport on that day :-)[/quote]

Hi jaweb

I applied through Kingston as well but when I called them yesterday they booked me in for 26th August bit weird as they only hold ceremonies once a month so I'm confused how come you got it for the 20th? Did you book through a different council?[/quote]

Nope.
The lady said there was only one place left by 20 August so you must have got the next available one.
I called them on Monday and left my details and a lady called me yesterday at 9am so I think she called me first thing in the morning :-)
Kingston council does 2 ceremonies per month. 1 of the beginning and 1 after 20th of month it might be mixed because of summer holidays

arnonel
Newly Registered

Post by arnonel » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:23 am

Do you have to book citizenship ceremony in your own borough/council? or can you go to any one?