ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

valw
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by valw » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:34 pm

khan7861 wrote:Morning every one,

could you please help me. I am applying naturalisation next week stuck this reference,

I am using one of my friend he is 40 year old and recently got his British passport

other one is accountant and has got ILR,

I am bit confuse both are ok or not,I need some senior person advise .

Thanks
You can ask your church minister. One can be minister of religion

moonway

Post by moonway » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:57 pm

moonway wrote:
ALI130 wrote:
ALI130 wrote:
1 year ILR
Language criteria met : Master degree
Method of application: NCS HERTS
Date of application: 21 jan 2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27 Jan 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/02/15
Date of acknowledgement: 07/02/15
letter from case worker with documents : 10th July 2015

Date approval received: just got letter received from case worker approved waiting for ceremony letter
Date of ceremony: waiting

Very straightforward application.
my application took nearly six month and I was asked supporting documents twice which was very frustrating but thanks Allah as received the letter from my case worker it has been approved but waiting for my ceremony invitation letter from home office but hopefuly will get that soon insha Allah , well I was asked twice supporting documents asking for 10 years p60 and and letter from uni asking for attentence letter cnfirming my attendance, which was strange, requested from uni they advised me as I hv studied full time that's the proof , but any way got a letter from uni mentioning it that attendance was full time and was good then was asked again to send original degree and all passport , how can could I give them attend proof as did in 2007 very strange but thanks Allah sorted out now , also I want to mention here I did not hv p60 of 10 years I only provided from 2011, 12, and 13 well I said I do not hv it as lost it and the employers does not keep record for more than 3 years that what I wrote a letter to my case worker but case worker was v complicated, i used to take advise twice when got letters from case worker mean Solisitor , u better take advise from solisitor just advise it's worth believe me thank u but still a bit tense coz hv not got final letter from home to attend the cermony still waiting finger crossed

congratulation ali i have applied for naturalization on 22nd of may but sill even waiting for bio and ack letter but if you could tell how you sort it out inquiry from case worker how did you provide proof of full time attendance and 10yrs employment as i have got only 3yrs proof i think they are delaying because they are looking into more info

Look u hv applied in May , it takes time when ur case has been given to case worker, first they deduct money, then bio and then they checking ur Crb and driving licence n criminal offence and then the case goes to case worker so u got be patient , relax n calm , u can get letter from ur uni that u were full time student if they ask you , they do not contact uni directly they write to u if they think it's necessary,coz home office are v busy if u hv not any acknowledgemeny letter simply ring or mail to them and also e mail them or u can also contact nsc if u hv applied through them , they hv direct number for home office concern department and thier enquires are dealt instantly contact the council if u hv applied through them the rest calm n cool , do not send anything if they hv not asked u , if u do not hv p60 it's not a big deal simple is that as you do not hv , I hv spoken to Solisitor he said if u do not Hv u do not hv simple is that , also in ur degree or certificate they mention full time so that's also the proof , I was also self employed , all I did got a letter from my accountant that I m self employed and hv I paid all taxes in ur case if u r? All the Best thanks but be cool Plz I know it's v frustrating I know that
ALI130
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)
Postby moonway » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks very much Ali u explained it very briefly bit relaxed now
i emailed them about 100 times and called them aswell but same bakwas answer money was taken on 15th of june
when i was filling the application there was no section regarding 10years employment history.i have 4 years sa302 tax record from hmrc even i involved MpA but no answer agay. ALLAH knows best

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 pm

moonway. What was your immigration status when you applied?
Be good.

moonway

Post by moonway » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 am

came in as a student in 2003 then fresh talent then tier 1 general completed 10 years got ilr on basis of 10 yrs.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:00 pm

A few points.

1. It is frustrating to see applications at the beginning of the year get approved in 3 weeks or so, only to find myself in a 5-6 month queue.
2. I find it disturbing the British Government require copies of all passports when applying for a passport - even though being a citizen of the UK should be enough; we like to criticise countries like Russia that demand full knowledge of all dual citizens - while being blind to British invasion of privacy. What business is it of the UK's which countries you have citizenship in? Answer: none. Apart from the one you entered with - there's no reason to ask that question once you have British citizenship. The only reason people aren't outraged by this is because such a small proportion of the population has dual citizenship. But we are no better than Russia - the UK cannot criticise Russia.
3. When we obey the rules I find it appalling that the UK government acts so leniently towards those who don't. Illegal immigration is wrong and should be dealt with using effective means.
4. This forum is titled "general discussion". But so many of the timeline threads turn into complaint forums with people whining about delays. That is what this thread is for. Keep the timelines clean, please people, just put in factual data whenever your application status is updated.
5. The generic "Naturalisation Timeline" sticky thread should be reserved for full timelines at time of approval/denial only. People want to know the current processing times. Put the comments/questions into another thread. I don't want to see the Naturalisation Timeline thread updated only to find it doesn't contain an approval date but some silly comment.

That is all.

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Dear Adviser,

I have applied for my citizenship in the U.K. around 3 months ago. I would like to know whether I need to inform HO regarding change in employment. I have completed my employment with the last company and currently looking for an opportunity. I am not sure if I should update this to HO, appreciate your advise.

Thanks very much,

spikey

Post by spikey » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:18 pm

raja935 wrote:Dear Adviser,

I have applied for my citizenship in the U.K. around 3 months ago. I would like to know whether I need to inform HO regarding change in employment. I have completed my employment with the last company and currently looking for an opportunity. I am not sure if I should update this to HO, appreciate your advise.

Thanks very much,

There is no need to inform HO for change of Employment. Only the factors listed in the change of circumstances needs to be notified.

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:58 pm

spikey wrote:

Thanks very much,

There is no need to inform HO for change of Employment. Only the factors listed in the change of circumstances needs to be notified.
Thanks very much, where can I find this list of change of circumstance please?

spikey

Post by spikey » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:11 pm

raja935 wrote:
spikey wrote:

Thanks very much,

Thanks very much, where can I find this list of change of circumstance please?
Try below link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 pm

HI could anyone advise me what documents need to send with the naturalisation application.
The criteria is 12 years+1 year ILR.My husband is using NCS book in september.Can I use the form version May 2015 or I need to wait till begining of september in case on new version coming out.Thanks

Pikachu75
Newly Registered

Post by Pikachu75 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 am

Hi there. Hope someone can help me. I submitted my citizenship application form on the 10th July, the fee was taken on the 16th and recieved an acknowledgement letter on the 20th July. However, I have not received a biometrics letter yet. Does anyone have the same issue? I emailed HO over a week ago but no reply at all.
Thanks.

sam_86
Newly Registered

Post by sam_86 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi All,

I submitted my documents through NCS on the 13th of July, there were delivered to HO on the 14th. So far I have not received any acknowledgments and the fee has not been taken from my account. Should I be worried? is there a way to contact HO to check if they have actually received my Documents?

Thanks,

Sam

figorux
Newly Registered

Post by figorux » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:51 am

Pikachu75 wrote:Hi there. Hope someone can help me. I submitted my citizenship application form on the 10th July, the fee was taken on the 16th and recieved an acknowledgement letter on the 20th July. However, I have not received a biometrics letter yet. Does anyone have the same issue? I emailed HO over a week ago but no reply at all.
Thanks.
Same here, letter of aknowledgement received dated 14th of July but no biometrics letter

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Post by tmoodi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:39 am

Hello everyone
Congratulations to all board members who got their approvels.i applied 18th March but still waiting.i just want to know any body received a call from HO during the Naturalization and what's type of information they want normally on phone. I miss the call 4 times in a half hour from HO and received the message. After next day I called to HO they took my detail for passing the case worker but last 2 days I didn't received any call.i checked my application i write the Father age year but missing the date and month on date of birth box.pls share if any body have a same experience.
Thx
Mood

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:03 pm

I heard the HO will publish the Naturalisation stats post April 2015, at the end of August! Does anyone know when it will be? I'm itching with curiosity

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:27 pm

averagejoe wrote: I heard the HO will publish the Naturalisation stats post April 2015, at the end of August! Does anyone know when it will be? I'm itching with curiosity
August 27th I have read. Not too long now.

This is so un-nerving.....in any naturalisation category, no post april 6th have been proccessed...whether it be an6(1) an6(2) 3(1) or any other..... I understandnthey do have a backlog but I cant help but feel, that even though they introduced the biometrics for naturalisation to speed up the process, I think it will actually slow things down!! Especially since this is a new thing so it will have its gremlins/teething issues.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi
If you used Debit or Credit card for payment ask your bank weather home office approached for fund?but anyway you need to inform them usually within 2 weeks they take payment.You can give them call and give them your tracking no given to you by NCS to check what is happening.
sam_86 wrote:Hi All,

I submitted my documents through NCS on the 13th of July, there were delivered to HO on the 14th. So far I have not received any acknowledgments and the fee has not been taken from my account. Should I be worried? is there a way to contact HO to check if they have actually received my Documents?

Thanks,

Sam

mohammedakram967
Newly Registered

Post by mohammedakram967 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:12 am

Dear Adviser,

I am going to apply for naturalization after 15 September 2015, I am British citizen spouse (2 year dependent visa + I year ILR).

I would like to know about the council tax. I have rented a property since last year (December 2014) from an Asian Landlord; the rent is £500 PCM including council tax. Now I know that, the landlord is clamming housing benefit on that property, so that’s why he asked me not to pay council tax. It was an informal renting, since I was recently moved to a new city for taking up new job and one of my friend knew the landlord, so no formal tendency agreement etc., Now as I have been living in this property since an year with paying rent every month on time.

I am to apply for naturalization and will put this address; I am worried would it be problem for me affecting my naturalization application refusal or delay having no council tax paid record? (all bills Gas electricity, NHS and broadband on my name and paid regular) for this property and the fact that landlord is claiming house benefit on this property while living on some other property.

I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks very much.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 am

I have a question.

When it comes to using NCS, why is every council charging different prices? Example, With Leicester City Councilit costs £75 for NCS but for Leicester County Council my husband paid only £65. I've seen other people using different councils all over the UK paying up to £80 for NCS appointments! In London I can understand as it's the capital, it's always overpriced there but outside of London...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:38 am

aussiegoin4it wrote:A few points.

1. It is frustrating to see applications at the beginning of the year get approved in 3 weeks or so, only to find myself in a 5-6 month queue.
2. I find it disturbing the British Government require copies of all passports when applying for a passport - even though being a citizen of the UK should be enough; we like to criticise countries like Russia that demand full knowledge of all dual citizens - while being blind to British invasion of privacy. What business is it of the UK's which countries you have citizenship in? Answer: none. Apart from the one you entered with - there's no reason to ask that question once you have British citizenship. The only reason people aren't outraged by this is because such a small proportion of the population has dual citizenship. But we are no better than Russia - the UK cannot criticise Russia.
3. When we obey the rules I find it appalling that the UK government acts so leniently towards those who don't. Illegal immigration is wrong and should be dealt with using effective means.
4. This forum is titled "general discussion". But so many of the timeline threads turn into complaint forums with people whining about delays. That is what this thread is for. Keep the timelines clean, please people, just put in factual data whenever your application status is updated.
5. The generic "Naturalisation Timeline" sticky thread should be reserved for full timelines at time of approval/denial only. People want to know the current processing times. Put the comments/questions into another thread. I don't want to see the Naturalisation Timeline thread updated only to find it doesn't contain an approval date but some silly comment.

That is all.
2."require copies of all passports when applying for a passport - even though being a citizen of the UK should be enough;" I'm confused. Why would anyone be applying for British Citizenship if they are a citizen of the UK? :?

3. The British Government do actually penalise anyone who has a period of illegal residence by issuing a 10 year ban from applying for BC. This is under 'good character'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:43 am

Hi guys, just a quick question on my application. I put in my application last week. I could not remember everywhere I have worked in the last ten years as some of them are like agency work they didn't last for long. Some of them are works I did for few weeks and I could not even remember the dates. I have included in my application those ones I could remember and I am pretty sure the day and months may not be accurate but the years are. Is this going to be a problem? As I couldn't remember everywhere I have worked in past 10 years and of course the dates also. Please, can somebody advise me as I have already putting in the application.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:26 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:When it comes to using NCS, why is every council charging different prices?
Because they are the charges set by the councils. Presumably if a council charges too much compared to neighbouring councils, fewer people would use them - although consideration of the cost needs to be balanced with convenience.

In this area the cheapest is £58, the most expensive £75. For my wife's application via NCS we chose the council charging the least. You have a choice of which council to go to, if you want to use the NCS for a naturalisation application.

Lilas
Newly Registered

Post by Lilas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:33 am

Hi I'm new and not too sure where to post this I need help...been in the UK since 2003 came as an uncompanied minor got refused asylum and got discretionary leave and then limited leave to remain until 18th birthday I then applied for ILR waited...then came legacy cases and finally got ILR in October 2014...now it's time to apply for neutralisation...do I still need to do life in the UK test (been living here permanently since 03)? Also I'm still studying for my degree but went to secondary school etc in UK, how can I prove language test? Please any help will be appreciated I'm looking to send app ASAP! Many thanks

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:39 am

presido007 wrote:Hi guys, just a quick question on my application. I put in my application last week. I could not remember everywhere I have worked in the last ten years as some of them are like agency work they didn't last for long. Some of them are works I did for few weeks and I could not even remember the dates. I have included in my application those ones I could remember and I am pretty sure the day and months may not be accurate but the years are. Is this going to be a problem? As I couldn't remember everywhere I have worked in past 10 years and of course the dates also. Please, can somebody advise me as I have already putting in the application.

Please, can somebody help me with my query..I am confused

Kevin_Hol
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin_Hol » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for my Naturalization approx 6 weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing from the home office. No emails or letters confirming they have received my application and have not received any of my original documentation back. There have also been no payments taken out of my account. Is this normal or should i be worried?