ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Code 1A Stamp.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fasi2530

Code 1A Stamp.

Post by fasi2530 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello ,

I want to know, is that code 1A stamp still applicable when arriving on UK without EEA FP. is that easy to come from Ireland with EEA family member to enter in UK. are they stamp code 1A over there>..?
Faisal

Dirk

Re: Code 1A Stamp.

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:58 pm

My wife got one (Philippines passport) in a few mins arriving on the ferry from Spain though she had a Spanish RC.

There are no routine immigration checks between Ireland and the UK.

Prince_irl
United Kingdom

Post by Prince_irl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:37 pm

It will not a big issue. But why u r not applying for family permit from Dublin. Take only 10 days and free will be much better I got one for my family last week
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Given how COAs are now taking up to 2 months I would suggest getting the Family Permit in Dublin even though you don't need it to get in, life will be easier inside the UK.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Dirk wrote:My wife got one (Philippines passport) in a few mins arriving on the ferry from Spain though she had a Spanish RC.

Hi Dirk

could you please tell me when did your wife get this code 1 stamp on her passport. (Date)
Faisal

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Prince_irl wrote:It will not a big issue. But why u r not applying for family permit from Dublin. Take only 10 days and free will be much better I got one for my family last week

HI Prince

thanks for your reply. well I applied 3 times for family permit from Pakistan but they refused all 3 times. they give me very strange excuse of refusal which is not justifiable. and now I applied for appeal. as I talk to many people and they said they will not give you family permit so should apply for appeal. appeal takes more time that's why I am looking for other way to come in UK. my EU national wife will be with me and I have all the documents that they required.
Faisal

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:40 pm

fasi2530 wrote:
Dirk wrote:My wife got one (Philippines passport) in a few mins arriving on the ferry from Spain though she had a Spanish RC.

Hi Dirk

could you please tell me when did your wife get this code 1 stamp on her passport. (Date)
June at Portsmouth ferry terminal.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Dirk wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:

Hi Dirk

June at Portsmouth ferry terminal.
Hi Dirk

is that work allowed on the code1A stamp. is that other member who got the Code1A stamp on there passport is that written on the passport that worked allowed.

please guide completely.

regards
Faisal

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Sorry I will be as comprehensive as I can be.

There actually isn't such a thing as a Code 1A stamp anymore, it was replaced with a new "EEA Regulations" stamp but as they are almost the same thing many people still call it a Code 1A.

It is a two part stamp, the standard UK Immigration stamp. Underneath is a slightly larger and rectangular stamp which says "Admitted under EEA Regulations" with 6 months written on it in pen. There is no mention of work or public funds on the stamp anymore. I think the stamp itself is useless for anything, it will not convince an employer or a bank of treaty rights. Only a COA or Family Permit will do that which you wait for your BRP (Residence Card).

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Dirk wrote:Sorry I will be as comprehensive as I can be.

There actually isn't such a thing as a Code 1A stamp anymore, it was replaced with a new "EEA Regulations" stamp but as they are almost the same thing many people still call it a Code 1A.

It is a two part stamp, the standard UK Immigration stamp. Underneath is a slightly larger and rectangular stamp which says "Admitted under EEA Regulations" with 6 months written on it in pen. There is no mention of work or public funds on the stamp anymore. I think the stamp itself is useless for anything, it will not convince an employer or a bank of treaty rights. Only a COA or Family Permit will do that which you wait for your BRP (Residence Card).
Hi Dirk,

thanks for your reply . I have one question. as I didn't applied for Ireland visa because it takes 8 weeks to get visit visa and still not confirm that they gonna give the visa or not. SO i applied for the schengen visa from Italy as my wife is Italian national. so Will get visa with in week. now I have plan to enter in UK on code 1a stamp. can you please guide me which schengen state is easy to enter in the United Kingdom on code 1a stamp. ( through ferry or by bus ) please i need guide lines .

many thanks in advance .

regards
Faisal

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:18 pm

You might have a hard time without an Article 10 Residence Card.

We went from Bilbao to Portsmouth on the ferry. Initially the Ferry Company were unwilling to allow boarding and they asked the opinion of the Spanish Immigration Officer who was the UKVI liaison at the port who told them that the residence card was enough. If we had not had the Article 10 card we would not have gotten on the ferry and got the 1A.

If you don't have a card from another EU country (not Italy as that's your wife's country) I think it is unlikely an airline or a ferry company will let you board. Your best bet to get a 1A stamp would be at Calais or the Brussels Eurostar as UK Immigration are there. They will apply the same tests as were applied for the family permit when that was refused.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:22 am

Dirk wrote:You might have a hard time without an Article 10 Residence Card.

We went from Bilbao to Portsmouth on the ferry. Initially the Ferry Company were unwilling to allow boarding and they asked the opinion of the Spanish Immigration Officer who was the UKVI liaison at the port who told them that the residence card was enough. If we had not had the Article 10 card we would not have gotten on the ferry and got the 1A.

If you don't have a card from another EU country (not Italy as that's your wife's country) I think it is unlikely an airline or a ferry company will let you board. Your best bet to get a 1A stamp would be at Calais or the Brussels Eurostar as UK Immigration are there. They will apply the same tests as were applied for the family permit when that was refused.
HI Dirk,

Got the EEA Dependent Ink stamp on 6th of September 2015 at Calais. thankx for your support and information.
Faisal

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:50 am

fasi2530 wrote: Got the EEA Dependent Ink stamp on 6th of September 2015 at Calais. thankx for your support and information.
please share your experience regarding buying tickets, boarding the ferry and dialogues you had with the Immigration officers. Thank you

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:
fasi2530 wrote: Got the EEA Dependent Ink stamp on 6th of September 2015 at Calais. thankx for your support and information.
please share your experience regarding buying tickets, boarding the ferry and dialogues you had with the Immigration officers. Thank you
Hi a.s.b.o

I came from Calais. I was on bus from paris to London. but on border they stop me and take out my all luggage's and hand carry. they put me on Detention center for around 4 hours. I showed each and every thing my wife was with me but they still put me in detention, but after 1 hour interview and some extra documents and question and answers from my wife and me seperately they decided to give me EEA dependent stamp and then I was free to go any where in the UK.

first they tried to trick me that I have no visa and schengen visa is only for schengen countries uk is not schengen. but I proved them with legislation and regulations so then they understand that I have done complete job.
Faisal

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:03 pm

fasi2530 wrote:
Hi a.s.b.o

I came from Calais. I was on bus from paris to London. but on border they stop me and take out my all luggage's and hand carry. they put me on Detention center for around 4 hours. I showed each and every thing my wife was with me but they still put me in detention, but after 1 hour interview and some extra documents and question and answers from my wife and me seperately they decided to give me EEA dependent stamp and then I was free to go any where in the UK.

first they tried to trick me that I have no visa and schengen visa is only for schengen countries uk is not schengen. but I proved them with legislation and regulations so then they understand that I have done complete job.
Thank you! Were you detained on the British side or the French side? My questions are based on the fact that we may consider doing A1 shortly too

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:22 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:
Hi a.s.b.o

Thank you! Were you detained on the British side or the French side? My questions are based on the fact that we may consider doing A1 shortly too
hi

I was detained on british side.
Faisal

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:23 pm

hi faisi2530 could you please share your experience all together in step by step?
what visa did you got from pakistan and whre you went first and how did you got into uk? which doucments you showed at the airport in uk?

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:59 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:
Hi a.s.b.o