ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mojo78

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by mojo78 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:11 am

[/quote]

On an average, it takes 2-4 weeks for EU national. Since, you are from A8 as mentioned in http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1212062 and registered with WRS, it was a straightforward application. Please do not misguide other prospective applicants saying "I didn't send too much of paperwork they did it faster". Non-EEA has to prove a lot more and EEA nationals coming post A8 era also need to do the same. Happy for you that you have received your permanent status.[/quote].

I am not misguiding anyone. I said what I did, and what I think. I am not giving any advice to anyone.

Thanks

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:07 am

mojo78 wrote:Just an update,
I sent application form for document certifying permanent residence on 9th July, I did not receive any acknowledgement letters or e-mails, I sent only p60s covering period from 2005-2010, as proof of residence for that 2005-2010 period I only sent bank statements, I also did not remember the dates of absences from UK so only wrote that I do not remember but that my absences do not exceed the limit of days allowed, I also did not send anything proving my recent residence or activity, and so received my permanent residence card today.
I guess I got it easy :D
Thanks for updating us mojo78! And a very BIG Congratulations! That's a very good news from you.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:11 am

gabipo wrote:Hello Everyone! Just update :D :D :D :D
I applied EEA PR as Non EU on 09/03/15 and fee taken on 12/03/15 and COA received on 18/03/15.
PR CARD RECEIVED ON PASSPORT TODAY 01/08/15 dated 30/07/15
Good luck every one waiting for their cards
Hello gabipo! Thanks for posting your timeline here. Great news and I am happy for you :) you must be so relieved! CONGRATULATIONS and good luck with your BC application in the future...

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 am

Forza_RC wrote:
I applied EEA PR as Non EU on 09/03/15 and fee taken on 12/03/15 and COA received on 18/03/15.
Hello gabipo! Thanks for posting your timeline here. Great news and I am happy for you :) you must be so relieved! CONGRATULATIONS and good luck with your BC application in the future...

Hi Forza, we are all hoping that yours will be the next one, I'm sure you should be receiving it very soon as Gabipo had applied only 2 weeks before you for what I see. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you. This process is so allow and its like torture, Summer is passing by and we are stuck depending on something that is no more than our right. My cousin is living in Dublin and I'm so impressed that in Ireland you can go to the immigration office and you would be issued EEA4 at the same day, so that just prove that if the UK wanted they could also do the same. I been reading and it looks like the Uk is the EU country that takes longer to Issue PR and RC cards. The premium services (same day service) should be available to everyone and not only on British route. I'm wondering if with Biometrics introduced it will make the processing times for this applications quicker or slower. It should be quicker as they will be able to identify applicants much quicker. I have applied at the end of April so i should be receiving my biometric card anytime too.
Will keep everyone updated.

Good luck everyone.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm

sidcostas wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:

Hi Forza, we are all hoping that yours will be the next one, I'm sure you should be receiving it very soon as Gabipo had applied only 2 weeks before you for what I see. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you. This process is so allow and its like torture, Summer is passing by and we are stuck depending on something that is no more than our right. My cousin is living in Dublin and I'm so impressed that in Ireland you can go to the immigration office and you would be issued EEA4 at the same day, so that just prove that if the UK wanted they could also do the same. I been reading and it looks like the Uk is the EU country that takes longer to Issue PR and RC cards. The premium services (same day service) should be available to everyone and not only on British route. I'm wondering if with Biometrics introduced it will make the processing times for this applications quicker or slower. It should be quicker as they will be able to identify applicants much quicker. I have applied at the end of April so i should be receiving my biometric card anytime too.
Will keep everyone updated.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks a lot for your kind wishes sidcostas. So yes fingers crossed :) I hope I will receive my PR within the next 2 weeks. Yes I have heard that quite a few EU countries issue PR (EEA4) a lot faster than the UK. It's just this country's policy and it's such a shame that it takes this long as it's very frustrating waiting period :( if there was a paid premium service I would have definitely paid for it but unfortunately there is not.

Yes that would be very helpful to hear any updates from you and other PR applicants who applied after the biometrics introduced. I have not seen any non-EU applicants received their PR after the biometrics introduced actually. Let's see if takes longer or shorter period to receive PR with biometrics compare to the ones without biometrics.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello everyone, that would be really helpful to hear timelines from PR applicants who applied with biometrics. I think there are a lot of applicants out there applied after April and they do not write on this forum but reading. Has any non-EU applicant who applied after 1st April received their PR? I applied last week of March (literally 1 week before the biometrics introduced) and still waiting...

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Hey forza-c and everyone
I'm in middle of my permanent application and I'm stuck in question asking about the applicant any ref numbers so I don't know my reference number I'm non EEA applying for Pr after ror. I have got only my ex ref numbers but don't know mine?
Anyone applied for her/s application nd what did you write in this question?
Thanx all

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Indianlonly wrote:Hey forza-c and everyone
I'm in middle of my permanent application and I'm stuck in question asking about the applicant any ref numbers so I don't know my reference number I'm non EEA applying for Pr after ror. I have got only my ex ref numbers but don't know mine?
Thanx all
Hi Indianlonly, you can keep that section blank if you don't have any ref no. You are gonna post your passport to HO anyway as they can find the relavent ref numbers on HO system with your passport number. Supporting documents are important so try to include as many relavent supporting documents as possible.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Hello,

Has anyone come across processing statistics for EEA3, EEA4 (or PR now) and AN application forms for 2015? I found this data from HO but it's from 1 January 2014 to 30 September 2014: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /33773.pdf

I am not sure if there's more up to date data on processing statistics? Any idea?

roggxavs
Newly Registered

Post by roggxavs » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:17 am

In March 2015, I applied for PR as an non EEA family member after residing on my RC for more than 5years, received my COA about four weeks later, the new directives for biometric PR comes into effect on or after April 2015.

My questions is - will I be issued with a PR attached to my passport or be asked to submit my bio-metric information and be issued with the new PR card?

Please has anyone who applied for PR before April 2015 and received the a vignette on their passport? or the new directive is only for applications made on or after April 2015.

I have been waiting now for close to six months and I do not know how much longer i have to wait or go through another round of ping-pong with the HO!!

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 am

roggxavs wrote:In March 2015, I applied for PR as an non EEA family member after residing on my RC for more than 5years, received my COA about four weeks later, the new directives for biometric PR comes into effect on or after April 2015.

My questions is - will I be issued with a PR attached to my passport or be asked to submit my bio-metric information and be issued with the new PR card?

Please has anyone who applied for PR before April 2015 and received the a vignette on their passport? or the new directive is only for applications made on or after April 2015.

I have been waiting now for close to six months and I do not know how much longer i have to wait or go through another round of ping-pong with the HO!!

Hi roggxavs,
As you have applied for PR before biometrics were introduced you will receive in a Vignette format (sticker on your passport) only those who applied on or after 6 of April will receive a Biometric card, March applicants are now going thru as some people who applied on the second week of march started receiving their Pr cards, can you give us more detail about your application as what documents you have sent with the application and the date you posted it. There has been cases of people receiving it with 3 months.

skips66
Newly Registered

Post by skips66 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 am

Hi all

My partner is in the process of applying for PR. We have been living together since we had our Civil Ceremony 5 years ago however we don't have any documents addressed to us jointly. We have loads of documents addressed to us individually over the 5 years but HO seems to stress that it's important to show documents addressed jointly. This all seems a bit backwards to me as we are both financially independent ie have our own bank accounts and pay our own bills. We share a room in a friends house and so all the household bills and rent are taken care of by him. Has anyone else had this issue and had to provide an explanation as to why they don't have any jointly addressed documents?

Also just noticed that there is a new version of form EEA(PR) for applications made after 20th July 2015 and some new guidance notes.
The new form has been reduced to 85 pages. I haven't compared it to the old 127 page version so I don't yet know what they have changed. I also haven't yet read the new guidance but will have a look this evening.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:44 am

roggxavs wrote:In March 2015, I applied for PR as an non EEA family member after residing on my RC for more than 5years, received my COA about four weeks later, the new directives for biometric PR comes into effect on or after April 2015.

Hi roggxavs, I also applied in March and have not been notified by HO to submit any biometrics. Based on the other applicants' experiences, we should receive the PR as a sticker in the passport entitled permanent residence documentation. I do not think we would be asked to submit biometric info at this stage. All of the applicants applied for PR before the biometrics introduced received their documents back with a PR sticker in the passport. As March applicants we should receive our PRs by the end of this month I guess.

What's your timeline by the way?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:55 am

skips66 wrote:Hi all

My partner is in the process of applying for PR. We have been living together since we had our Civil Ceremony 5 years ago however we don't have any documents addressed to us jointly. We have loads of documents addressed to us individually over the 5 years but HO seems to stress that it's important to show documents addressed jointly. This all seems a bit backwards to me as we are both financially independent ie have our own bank accounts and pay our own bills. We share a room in a friends house and so all the household bills and rent are taken care of by him. Has anyone else had this issue and had to provide an explanation as to why they don't have any jointly addressed documents?

Also just noticed that there is a new version of form EEA(PR) for applications made after 20th July 2015 and some new guidance notes.
The new form has been reduced to 85 pages. I haven't compared it to the old 127 page version so I don't yet know what they have changed. I also haven't yet read the new guidance but will have a look this evening.
Hi skips66, you do not need to submit documents addressed to you jointly but prove that you have been living together over the 5 years period.
You should be fine with the documents addressed to you individually (bank statements, P60s, HMRC letters, council tax letter, insurance letters etc. I mean any official letter or statement) over the 5 years period. If I were you I would write a personal statement and explain your situation and include as many letters addressed to the same property on both of your names from as many different official sources as possible.

Let us know how it goes please.

mojo78

Post by mojo78 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
mojo78 wrote:Just an update,
I sent application form for document certifying permanent residence on 9th July, I did not receive any acknowledgement letters or e-mails, I sent only p60s covering period from 2005-2010, as proof of residence for that 2005-2010 period I only sent bank statements, I also did not remember the dates of absences from UK so only wrote that I do not remember but that my absences do not exceed the limit of days allowed, I also did not send anything proving my recent residence or activity, and so received my permanent residence card today.
I guess I got it easy :D
Thanks for updating us mojo78! And a very BIG Congratulations! That's a very good news from you.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
Thanx all
Hi Indianlonly, you can keep that section blank if you don't have any ref no. You are gonna post your passport to HO anyway as they can find the relavent ref numbers on HO system with your passport number. Supporting documents are important so try to include as many relavent supporting documents as possible.
Thank you forza-c
I left it blank and I don't know my ex spouse address so I left it blank too. but I can't sent my documents because they are alot and taking whole day to make photocopies of it. Can u tell me please shall I photocopy my ror documents too because Ialready have sent %95 of this documents not long ago with my ror specially my work contract is over 50 page?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Indianlonly wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
Thanx all
Thank you forza-c
I left it blank and I don't know my ex spouse address so I left it blank too. but I can't sent my documents because they are alot and taking whole day to make photocopies of it. Can u tell me please shall I photocopy my ror documents too because Ialready have sent %95 of this documents not long ago with my ror specially my work contract is over 50 page?
I think yes you should copy your ROR documents too as this would speed up the process and would make it easier for the case worker to deal with your case. They keep the copies and they would post back the original documents. I know it's a pain but unfortunately it's always better to post all the relevant documents. I sent so many copies (bills, P60s, HMRc documents etc.) too but it's just for one time so :)

roggxavs
Newly Registered

Post by roggxavs » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi Forza-c

Thanks for your response, my timeline is :

sent application on the 13th March
received COA on the 15th April

I sent with my application bank statements, utility bills, phone bills, employment contracts and all the wage slips I could gather for myself and my EEA family member covering the last five years though my work history was a bit patchy during this five years but my bank statements and my passport shows that I was never outside the UK for more than six months in any 1 year period and this I stated as well. Hopefully i will hear back positive news from the HO soon. When i was applying i thought my case was straight forward and that i would received my PR within a few months but here i am still waiting..

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 am

roggxavs wrote:Hi Forza-c

Thanks for your response, my timeline is :

sent application on the 13th March
received COA on the 15th April

I sent with my application bank statements, utility bills, phone bills, employment contracts and all the wage slips I could gather for myself and my EEA family member covering the last five years though my work history was a bit patchy during this five years but my bank statements and my passport shows that I was never outside the UK for more than six months in any 1 year period and this I stated as well. Hopefully i will hear back positive news from the HO soon. When i was applying i thought my case was straight forward and that i would received my PR within a few months but here i am still waiting..
Hello roggxavs, I applied late March, literally 1 week before the biometrics introduced. Normally COA takes about 10 days to get. I am surprised that yours took over 1 month. Are you married to an EU citizen or unmarried couple?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 pm

This week is pretty quite. Has anyone heard anything from the HO this week?

clacar
Newly Registered

Post by clacar » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I see someone waited for a month for the confirmation of application, well I've now been waiting a week for confirmatmion of appeal. I thought I would fill people in. Last time it only took a couple of days - with the real application. PUlled it from the bank and letter through the post. Anyway, no joy so far, I was hoping it would be a quick process as an EU-national appealing. Anyway, we will see.
Still no news Forza? That's ridiculous, I've been reading the threads also about residency etc in other EU countries and yes it is just non-sense in Britain. And yes, to have looked at my reply again, it was very partisan, in fact strange, so there is of course subjectivity in this world.. something about my application didn't appeal to the woman, I think she thought it was "too casual", despite the fact that it was correct. I wanted to mention that because with all this waiting you can see that something's not right with the system of application. I mean some people waiting 3 weeks and others 4 months and more? I think incidentally that it could be to do with having applied before the biometrics and they ahve sort of left 3 or 4 people in charge of that bundle and just taken the rest of the staff to the new applications, so that minimal staffing is working off the old applications. That's only reasonable explanation to be honest. Anyway, good luck to all, hope you don't need to wait much longer Forza, and yes be interesting to hear about appeals, should anyone have gone through that process as EU. Cheers Clacar

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Anyone applied after July? I can't see anywhere the requirement for photo copy the original.
Is that enough sending 5 p60 for 5 years proves I got all payslips but I receive my wages weekly Soviet got over thousand payslips nd I can't send them all with photocopies?

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Applied as non-EEA for EEA4 (PR) in May 2015.
Submitted biometric after a week.
COA took 6 weeks. Waiting game starts.
When I had applied for RC a few years back, got it in 6 weeks flat. May be things are moving a bit slower than usual at HO lately.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Indianlonly wrote:Anyone applied after July? I can't see anywhere the requirement for photo copy the original.
Is that enough sending 5 p60 for 5 years proves I got all payslips but I receive my wages weekly Soviet got over thousand payslips nd I can't send them all with photocopies?
I suppose P60s are enough. But I have sent all the payslips (60) of them. Your case is a bit tricky.

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:11 am

Hello guys!
I've applied for permanent residence as a family member of EEA (spouse). Well, the timeline is next:
Sent application 12.06.2015
HO got the app 15.06.2015
Money taken 18.06.2015
And till now nothing happens, HO keeps silence :evil: