ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esmsi

First British Passport

Post by esmsi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:43 am

I have british citizenship through naturalization .
So , for first british passport application do I have to give parents marriage date?

My first overseas passport was lost in UK.I make new passport and transfer visa.Do I need to send any documents for this?

Document List
Application form
2 photo
Current Passport any nationality
Citizenship Certificate

tripping

Re: First British Passport :Parents marriage date required?

Post by tripping » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi there,

I did put down on the form my parents marriage date as they still have their marriage certificate, but did not provide any documentation/evidence, as there was no requirement. I did this in April, so you may want to double check on rules for that, doubt it has changed.

You need to submit all uncancelled passports for the application. Your replacement passport with visa transfer, was there any other documentation/letter attached to the replacement, maybe submit that? I dont see any need for any further documentation, as it is after all your current valid passport which happens to be a replacement. Senior members may provide more info on this, but personally I dont see a problem.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:45 pm

About Lost Passport
I am thinking just mention my lost passport on the application form ,but do not give any document

tripping wrote:Hi there,

I did put down on the form my parents marriage date as they still have their marriage certificate, but did not provide any documentation/evidence, as there was no requirement. I did this in April, so you may want to double check on rules for that, doubt it has changed.

You need to submit all uncancelled passports for the application. Your replacement passport with visa transfer, was there any other documentation/letter attached to the replacement, maybe submit that? I dont see any need for any further documentation, as it is after all your current valid passport which happens to be a replacement. Senior members may provide more info on this, but personally I dont see a problem.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:06 am

You do need to give your parents' details as even it says in the information book!
Just do what it is written there!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:51 am

Can same reference be used on naturalization and passport?

My friend is a NVQ assessor who sign my naturalization form as a friend can he sign in passport ? He is my friend & work colleague

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:12 am

[quote="esmsi"]Can same reference be used on naturalization and passport?

My friend is a NVQ assessor who sign my naturalization form as a friend can he sign in passport ? He is my friend & work colleague[/quote]

Yep. Was the same for me too

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:00 pm

About Lost my first non uk Passport
After reading guidelines , I am not writing lost passport details on the form , this is only required for lost uk passport only.

countersigning-passport-applications
I am confused here , can friend sign on the form?
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

esmsi

Passport Interview Letter Name Spelling

Post by esmsi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:22 pm

My passport interview letter name spelling is incorrect.

Also on the address ,there is no city name.

I call them and they correct the name spelling . But about city name ,they said ,its OK.

They tell me to wait for another letter for interview.

Can I book an interview now?

esmsi

British Passport Application name wrong in interview letter

Post by esmsi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:24 pm

My name spelling is incorrect at passport invitation letter. In my Surname ,one letter is incorrect.

I call them and they told me they will send another letter.

Do I need another letter for interview?