ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maya2015
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by maya2015 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:23 am

We applied on 24 June thru solicitor
We received letter with biometrics on 15July
We submitted them on 16 July
Now we have got COA 03 August
RC pending

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:01 am

aloo wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:Hi Guys,
Today I have written a mail to HO regarding my wife's status change.
She was student when i applied in April.
She is jobseeker now. Also I have attached her email invitations to interviews. I am hoping that It will help and they won't say anything in the future.

I was hoping by the 1st week of august all March applicants will be cleared up and will be time for April applicants.

So annoying they have just started to March applicants.
I think we have to wait ours at the end of october :shock:

Hello , i just saw your timeline and my satuation is similar , i changed my job but our application in underprocess can you tell me how to write to home office about new job ?
Thnk you .
Hi Alo
I have written them a letter which explains situation and attached some supporting docs and sent to liverpool.
Just write a formal letter and attach your work contract and sent to liverpool eea department thats it.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:02 am

aloo wrote:Hello everyone ,
I really want to ask if anyone knows how to let home office know about eea work place changed while application under process . ?
Thank you .

Applied begining of May 2015
Biometrict 22 of may
COA 26 of may.
Residen card pendin.

I have applied for a Second resident card. First time process was in just 65 calendar day in 2013 .

65 calendar days is miracle Aloo. You were very lucky.
Maybe you ment 65 working days?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:07 am

I´m on 91 working days and 127 calendar since COA was issued, but hey, who´s counting right? :D
Last edited by Mileman on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 am

aurora77 wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:Mileman

I was very unlucky with this application.
I made my first app. at April 11th
I was unaware payment fee has been changed and my app. returned to me after 15 days.
Then I have submitted new app. with correct fee this time my biometrics letter was lost in the post.
I have received them after 12 days.
They coa took 7days to arrive.

So in total i Have lost 15+12+7 = 34 days.

the whole application made me aware not trusting HO:)
I sypathize with you, as I had to resubmit my application as well. ur lucky that u have ur COA already..
I know Aurora, It is very annoying.
People used to get COA in a week or shorter before april 6. Now it takes more than a month.
Just be aware that after you get COA, you ll wait for employer checking system around 10-12 days.
Eventhough in gov.uk it says 5 working days, my employer needed to chase the positive response from them which took 12 days. When I think now I was lucky because I was working for some company doesnt give shit about working permit. I have kept working with them until my current company got positive response from HO, I just gave one day notice and other day started to work in my current company:)
Stressy times, I got grey in my beard first time in my life:D

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:46 am

bilirserdar wrote:
aloo wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:Hi Guys,
Today I have written a mail to HO regarding my wife's status change.
She was student when i applied in April.
She is jobseeker now. Also I have attached her email invitations to interviews. I am hoping that It will help and they won't say anything in the future.

I was hoping by the 1st week of august all March applicants will be cleared up and will be time for April applicants.

So annoying they have just started to March applicants.
I think we have to wait ours at the end of october :shock:

Hello , i just saw your timeline and my satuation is similar , i changed my job but our application in underprocess can you tell me how to write to home office about new job ?
Thnk you .
Mileman
They told to my employer, decission will be taken in 77 working days. It is a big lie

Hi Alo
I have written them a letter which explains situation and attached some supporting docs and sent to liverpool.
Just write a formal letter and attach your work contract and sent to liverpool eea department thats it.

Cihangir
Turkey

Post by Cihangir » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:21 am

UKBA...ARRG wrote:I know, I have a job lined up as well and all I am waiting for is a COA!!!
The frustrating thing is that there is nothing we can do about it!

TIMELINE
EEA (FM) Submitted: 29/06/2015
Royal Mail Acknowledgement of delivery: 30/06/2015
Money taken out of account on: 02/07/2015
Biometrics letter dated 02/07/2015: (Received 06/07/2015)
Biometrics submitted at post office: 08/07/2015
Request for Passport Return: 13/07/2015 (Note, well and truly over the 10 working days!)
Passport Returned: PENDING
COA: PENDING
RC: PENDING (Aiming for Mid November 2015)
You can use
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml
this for to remind or ask to them about request about document return./

My wife (QP) and I (FM) individually requested our passport by using online form on 13th of July 2015.(we mentioned that on additional information box of online form, we will go for wedding to Poland however it doesn't need to be mentioned)

Her passport is sent to us 21st of July 2015 (at 6th working day). I waited 10 working days and 11th working days after requesting I filled Progress enquiry on the link. it was Wednesday and Saturday my passport arrived. I think there is huge work load over there.

Both passport are sent to my wife name with notes.
"Please do not return your passport to HO until it has been requested by caseworker."
and note with my passport, I will need to have valid EEA Family permit while re-entering UK.

I hope it will clear some of question marks in people head.

catj
Newly Registered

Post by catj » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 pm

I am a little worried because I did not receive biometrics letter until now. I sent my application on 20/07/2015, and the Home Office received it on 21/07/2015. The payment was taken on 23/07/2015.

The advisor on the phone tells me different information each time I call them. 1st says it will take 3 weeks, 2nd says it will take 10 days, and 3rd says it will take 6 weeks.

Anyone had or have similar issue? Any advice..?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:56 pm

catj wrote:I am a little worried because I did not receive biometrics letter until now. I sent my application on 20/07/2015, and the Home Office received it on 21/07/2015. The payment was taken on 23/07/2015.

The advisor on the phone tells me different information each time I call them. 1st says it will take 3 weeks, 2nd says it will take 10 days, and 3rd says it will take 6 weeks.

catj, if you go back a few pages you will see everyone is getting a different timeline every day.

some have been told 8 weeks, some have been told 15 working days.

what we do know for sure is that the timelines are no longer the same unfortunately.

you are one of many in the forum in this unpleasant situation.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:24 pm

catj wrote:I am a little worried because I did not receive biometrics letter until now. I sent my application on 20/07/2015, and the Home Office received it on 21/07/2015. The payment was taken on 23/07/2015.

Hi catj
They have lost mine, I called them and they issued new one and it has arrived in 3 days.

taha2015

Post by taha2015 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:32 pm

gullposh wrote:any update for December , January Applications ..
iv submitted mine Married EEA2 on December and did not receive anything apart from COA with right to wrok.
its been over 6 month . rung them may times and got same response which is (STILL IN PROCESS).....

have you guys any update of your applications who made in DECEMBER , JANUARY
application submitted 22 dec , coa , 6th of feb , home visit second of July !
call from HO today , Still under process !!!! STRESS UNDER PROCESS !!!

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:49 pm

taha2015 wrote:
iv submitted mine Married EEA2 on December and did not receive anything apart from COA with right to wrok.
its been over 6 month . rung them may times and got same response which is (STILL IN PROCESS).....

taha, you called them or they called you?

can you share some details of your application? your six months are officially over in just a few days!

taha2015

Post by taha2015 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Mileman wrote:
taha2015 wrote:

taha, you called them or they called you?

can you share some details of your application? your six months are officially over in just a few days!
the new procedure which took place recently due to the large volume of calls is that you call them then some customer support rep answers ( they r not HO officers ) then they fill in all your details including contact number and ask you to expect a call from HO within 5 working days !! which was one day for me as i called yesterday and i had a call back today , normally NO CALLER ID number . he said he will pass my details to the case worker and they MIGHT call me !!!

we are married couple less than one year thats why we had the home visit which went fine i guess!
wonder how many applications still pending since dec on here ??

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:33 pm

maya2015 wrote:We applied on 24 June thru solicitor
We received letter with biometrics on 15July
We submitted them on 16 July
Now we have got COA 03 August
RC pending
Thats good, at least they are still issuing COA's!!

whytellmewhy
Newly Registered

Post by whytellmewhy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks to everybody for sharing all this useful info.

Here is how far we are:

EEA2 sent: 03/07
EEA2 received: 06/07
Payment taken: 10/07
Biometrics letter received: 23/07
Biometrics enrolled: 27/07
COA (and RC): pending

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 pm

While right now I am in what I am hoping are the last few weeks before the RC arrives, I guess I have to be thankful that the COA back in March took only one week to arrive from the day I sent in the application.

It didn´t help me to land a job just yet, but it does feel safer to have it...

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:12 am

the new procedure which took place recently due to the large volume of calls is that you call them then some customer support rep answers ( they r not HO officers ) then they fill in all your details including contact number and ask you to expect a call from HO within 5 working days !! which was one day for me as i called yesterday and i had a call back today , normally NO CALLER ID number . he said he will pass my details to the case worker and they MIGHT call me !!!

we are married couple less than one year thats why we had the home visit which went fine i guess!
wonder how many applications still pending since dec on here ??[/quote]

yes iv gone through in same call procedure as taha . .... mine submitted app almost same date like you. but got nothing except of COA . no home visit no interview... just waiting and waiting ...

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:57 pm

COA arrived today along with passport in a 2nd class signed for envelope. Exactly 15 working days after biometric enrollment.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Dirk wrote:COA arrived today along with passport in a 2nd class signed for envelope. Exactly 15 working days after biometric enrollment.
Dirk, when was the COA dated?

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:58 pm

hello Everyone again!

Quick question and request of opinion from everyone!

I really want to go on a holiday but I haven't recieve any passport and just thinking I might wait until October :( :( :( I would like to ask your opinion about requesting my passport back, to do a road trip to Barcelona? I read many times that the airlines may refuse to come back so I would then do a road trip as it Would be easier I guess with immigration officers by land.

How long does it take to request your passport back? Does it affect your timeline? Do you think its quite irresponsible to do that - Get a passport to travel? My current EEA2 is expired (for a while) but I have my COA from April 2015. Would that be okay for proof? Obviously I haven't got my marriage certificate as it is with the home office though I'm pretty sure I have a copy. I could maybe ask my accountant to sign it to make it more official (or the police?)
On another, have anyone heard or have experience holidaying by flight with COA and expired EEA2? I just dont want to cause a huge stress or get stranded in Europe!!

Please let me know.
Many thanks in advance.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:27 pm

nachfee wrote:hello Everyone again!

Quick question and request of opinion from everyone!

I really want to go on a holiday but I haven't recieve any passport and just thinking I might wait until October :( :( :( I would like to ask your opinion about requesting my passport back, to do a road trip to Barcelona? I read many times that the airlines may refuse to come back so I would then do a road trip as it Would be easier I guess with immigration officers by land.

How long does it take to request your passport back? Does it affect your timeline? Do you think its quite irresponsible to do that - Get a passport to travel? My current EEA2 is expired (for a while) but I have my COA from April 2015. Would that be okay for proof? Obviously I haven't got my marriage certificate as it is with the home office though I'm pretty sure I have a copy. I could maybe ask my accountant to sign it to make it more official (or the police?)
On another, have anyone heard or have experience holidaying by flight with COA and expired EEA2? I just dont want to cause a huge stress or get stranded in Europe!!

Please let me know.
Many thanks in advance.
Nach, back in april I got my passport in a week, Dirk said a few mins ago it took 15 working days.

The official reco of the HO is not to travel on a COA, I´ve known people who were able to do it and got back in the UK with no hassle.

As far as how it affects the application, again, it seems people here have gotten their passports before the RC being issued and were able to receive it just fine.

So it is really up to you!

gdevkota

Post by gdevkota » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Any released for march applicants.

Bellan
Newly Registered

Post by Bellan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi everyone!

First time poster here :)

I'm an 11th April applicant- anyone else in mid April?!

Just wanted to say that I have re-entered the UK with my EEA spouse with a marriage certificate and CoA twice! Its ddefinately possible it just takes longer!

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Bellan wrote:Hi everyone!

First time poster here :)

I'm an 11th April applicant- anyone else in mid April?!

Just wanted to say that I have re-entered the UK with my EEA spouse with a marriage certificate and CoA twice! Its ddefinately possible it just takes longer!

Bellan, excellent info, lots of folks here have that question.

Did you have a copy of the certificate or the original?

Nach, you may need to ask for all of your documents back!

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 pm

gdevkota wrote:Any released for march applicants.

So far RC022015 , lyk13 & Toraqa got theirs from March applications.

I believe the latest COA date was Toraqa who had 20.03 COA.