ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to uk - after EU family permit approved

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nemo30
Newly Registered

Returning to uk - after EU family permit approved

Post by Nemo30 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi everyone,

We are so happy that we have justice on our case :D :D we have now been issued with EU treaty rights - EEA family residence permit (5years).

After more than 10 months in Dublin - we are now planning to return to uk - surrinder singh route in the next 4-6 weeks and apply for EEA2 residence permit in the UK.

We are aware from previous posts that we can apply for EEA2 at any time but that it may affect my non-eu husband's rights to work,healthcare etc if don't apply soon after entering uk.

We are wondering if anyone can answer a few questions:
1.Its it okay to move back to uk so soon after receiving EU family permit? i.e. will this be questioned despite our 10month residence in EU state??

2. Do I need to secure employment before moving back & when applying for EEA2??

3. What evidence, should we gather for proving "center of life" of the surrinder Singh route?

Any advice, help and information would be greatly appreciated.Many Thanks in advance :)

Abs566
Newly Registered

Re: Returning to uk - after EU family permit approved

Post by Abs566 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:46 am

Nemo30 wrote:Hi everyone,

We are so happy that we have justice on our case :D :D we have now been issued with EU treaty rights - EEA family residence permit (5years).

After more than 10 months in Dublin - we are now planning to return to uk - surrinder singh route in the next 4-6 weeks and apply for EEA2 residence permit in the UK.

We are aware from previous posts that we can apply for EEA2 at any time but that it may affect my non-eu husband's rights to work,healthcare etc if don't apply soon after entering uk.

We are wondering if anyone can answer a few questions:
1.Its it okay to move back to uk so soon after receiving EU family permit? i.e. will this be questioned despite our 10month residence in EU state??

2. Do I need to secure employment before moving back & when applying for EEA2??

3. What evidence, should we gather for proving "center of life" of the surrinder Singh route?

Any advice, help and information would be greatly appreciated.Many Thanks in advance :)
Congrats!
I am in the same process few steps behind you. I would like board members to help me as well. Are you thinking of using premium service to apply for residence card once in UK or send it via post. If any of the board member has applied in person please inform.

Nemo30
Newly Registered

Post by Nemo30 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:01 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what the premium service is?

however we already have the EU family permit so plan to apply again with help of solicitor when we are in UK.
Do you know any further information about how to prove the "integration" in eu state?

Good luck with your journey :)

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Nemo30 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what the premium service is?

however we already have the EU family permit so plan to apply again with help of solicitor when we are in UK.
Do you know any further information about how to prove the "integration" in eu state?

Good luck with your journey :)
Hi,
I exchanged my British licence to an Irish licence takes 2 weeks to come. Also I have registered with local GP.
Could you please clarify 2things for me.
1. How long did INIS took to return your passport and documents after you sent EU1 form to them. Approx weeks.
2. Please clarify is this EU4fam residency card you have received? How long did it take you after your initial application.

Thanks