ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGES TO VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR PAKISTANI APPLICAT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

CHANGES TO VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR PAKISTANI APPLICAT

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:07 pm

From 6 July 2015, there will be a change to the process for submitting documents to support settlement visa applications made in Pakistan.

Changes for settlement visa applications submitted in Pakistan

From this date, passports will be submitted at the Visa Application Centre, but all supporting documentation should be sent to UKVI in Sheffield (UK) by the sponsor/applicant. Visas and decision notices will be printed in Islamabad and returned to the customer via Gerry’s as normal along with the passport. Supporting documents will be returned to the sponsor in the UK. The address for supporting documentation to be sent to is:

Settlement applications
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom
Please ensure that the GWF reference number (generated when the application is completed online) is marked clearly on both the outside of the envelope and at the top right hand corner of enclosed documents.

Applications will continue to be decided within UKVI’s customer service standards of 60 working days for settlement applications.
........................................................................................................................................................
In plain English it means this

For those who don't understand the new procedure which will commence from 6th July, I will try and explain in plain English.
ANY application submitted online after 6th July( not before), will mean that all supporting documents ( except the applicants passport only) will now be posted by the sponsor to Sheffield office ( instead of to the applicant for them to hand it into Gerry's). This will mean that any documents that the applicant has like his TB test , English test,photos etc or any other documents they may have in their possession relevant to the application will have to be sent to the UK so sponsor can attach it with documents to be sent to Sheffield.
If the visa is issued, it will be issued in Pakistan by the BHC in the applicants passport, which will be returned to them after visa is stamped. The rest of te document will be returned to the sponsor in te UK.
All previous requirement and documents will still have to be provided

zakikhan

Re: CHANGES TO VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR PAKISTANI APPL

Post by zakikhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:21 pm

if i was to send all documents to islamabad ...would they forward all my stuff to sheffield anyway....?? i quote from the article found here
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

"My sponsor sent my documents to Islamabad, will I get refused?

There will be a small transition period after the change, so if your sponsor sends the documents to Islamabad during this time they will be forward on to Sheffield."

what is meant by transition period?? how long will this last
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

DonciscO
Newly Registered

Re: CHANGES TO VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR PAKISTANI APPL

Post by DonciscO » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in a weird situation. I didn't know about this rule change and applied on 5th of July 2015. My partner has submitted the documents on 14th of July 2015 in Karachi. Now I am wondering what is going to happen as my documents have still not got in the process as I emailed them twice requesting update. Can any of you guys advise?

Thanks