ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general to ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saddyv
Newly Registered

Tier 1 general to ilr

Post by saddyv » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Hello Everyone.
I am due to apply for my ILR shortly and would kindly request any of the members to advise on the following queries pls.

In section 6.3 relating to what evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK, do i have to furnish any proof even if i was away for a total of about 50 days in the last 5 years for family visit to india.Do i still have to find a copy of my flight tickets?

also, i am applying for ILR under Tier 1 General Migrant route, do i have to use the print out from the Point Based calculator for anything ? as according to the section 9 Points scoring assessment,i meet all the required points to qualify for ILR.

I have a child born in the UK and according to what i read on the internet , if the parent has a settlement status ,then a child born in UK can apply for citizenship .so hence i plan to not apply for his ILR ,but apply for his citizenship once our ILR is approved( God Willing!!)
my question is ,on the day of my appointment, do i have to take any of his documents with me? and do i have to declare anywhere on the form about him? as section 12 of the form (documents) says birth certificate of any dependents listed in sec 2 who were born in UK.

many thanks in advance for your guidence !!

saddyv
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 general to ilr

Post by saddyv » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 pm

could someone kindly reply to my queries pls...many thanks..

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:26 pm

My experience of this route is about two years ago and so it may be slightly out of date, but I believe that it is still accurate.
saddyv wrote:In section 6.3 relating to what evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK, do i have to furnish any proof even if i was away for a total of about 50 days in the last 5 years for family visit to india.Do i still have to find a copy of my flight tickets?
As a T1G migrant, I do not believe that you need to provide proof of the reason for absences from the UK. To be on the safe side, I had prepared a list of all the dates that I had travelled out of the UK and have my HR department certify that they were on dates that I had taken annual leave, as per their records. But I was not asked for that letter at the PEO.

You do not need a copy of your flight tickets, but you will need to list all the dates you exited and re-entered the UK.
saddyv wrote: i am applying for ILR under Tier 1 General Migrant route, do i have to use the print out from the Point Based calculator for anything ?
Yes, if you are claiming points for knowledge of English on the basis of a foreign degree taught in English. Otherwise, No.
saddyv wrote:on the day of my appointment, do i have to take any of his documents with me?
Not for the purposes of his ILR, as you will not be applying for ILR for him. However, the documents may be needed for other reasons (see below).
saddyv wrote:section 12 of the form (documents) says birth certificate of any dependents listed in sec 2 who were born in UK.
I did not have this issue in my ILR, so not speaking out of experience. But if the form asks for such documentation, I would include it. Add a note to the form to say that you will be applying to register your UK-born child on Form MN1 when you have successfully got ILR. UKV&I staff should be aware of this procedure.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:02 am

saddyv wrote: birth certificate of any dependents listed in sec 2 who were born in UK.
Section 2 is "Section 2 - Dependants who are also applying". Since you're not applying for him, you don't need to provide his birth certificate.

I am also due for ILR in a months time, and I am also not providing his certificate as he is not part of the ILR application being made.

Regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 am

1. See 245AAA(c), 245CD(j), and 245CD-SD.
2. See If your degree was taught or researched in English.
3. No documentary evidence(s) is required for a dependant who is not being included in an immigration application as a dependant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:38 pm

many thanks everyone for your replies..

can i also pls ask one quick one..on the form we are asked to tell if we have had fingerprints taken .my question is , when i applied for my tier 1 g extension i went to the post office for Biometrics, but i cannot recall having had fingerprints taken at any time ..do i do a yes or a no to that question.

cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:41 pm

For biometrics you would have had fingerprints. It is not with the ink but your fingers are placed onto a glass plate etc. and scanned. This would be the case for any visa application made either outside or inside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saddyv
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General -Points Based Calculator for English Lang

Post by saddyv » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Hello Everyone

I am due to apply for my ILR shortly and under section 4 of the Set(O) form, i have a query
I completed my masters degree from the UK in 2009 .Do i choose the following

An academic qualification deemed by UKNARIC to meet the recognised standard of bacheolars or masters degree in the UK.
(although i dont have any letters from NARIC)
and :
qualification was taught or researched in the UK.

i am also sending my degree along with a printout of PBS calculator showing 10 points.
pls help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Please "stop" hijacking someone else's topic!!
Post your queries here - in your own topic.

saddyv
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings calculations URGENT pls

Post by saddyv » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:05 am

Hi
i am due to apply for my ILR in the next few weeks
i get paid every two weeks and i am submitting my wage slips from 09th august 2014 to 8th august 2015. (27 wage slips in total)
is this the correct timeframe to claim points for my earnings in the past 12 months?

any senior members kindly.

many thanks

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 am

Hello Everyone

can someone pls help answer my previous question pls...

many thanks

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:25 am

This is what I did .

I get paid on the 26th of every month (Monthly payments)- but that is for working the whole month obviously .

So mine was 01 April 2014 - 31st March 2015 .

You get paid weekly - but I presume you still work the whole month - so choice is yours - how you wish to claim .

Regards

Zun .

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:56 pm

thanks zum

but i presume as u get paid monthly ,yours is pretty straight forward!
mine is every two weeks , although my wage slips clearly mention that the first wage slip is dated 9th aug 2014 and the last one is dated 8th aug 2015, hence i think i should be covering the entire 12 months. but will be greatful if someone can throw a bit more light on this .
also my wage slips mention the date as ,say 9th aug 2014 but the salery is transferred into my account on the 14th of aug 2014, so shall i put the dates according to my wage slips or according to the day that the money was transferred into my bank account?

thanks in advance for everyone's help!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:33 pm

You have to decide the 12 month period and then calculate how many wage slips cover the earnings for the specified period.

e.g. -
Let's say your salary is paid in arrears (i.e. - it covers pay for work done on preceding 14 days)
Salary slip of 14-Aug-14 covers the period 01-Aug to 14-Aug. in the year 2014.
So your 12 month period for the purpose of "previous earnings" calculation is 01-Aug-14 to 31-Jul-15.
Now, you need the 13-Aug-15 salary slip only if income of one day (31-Jul-15) must be included in your calculations for you to score the necessary points. Rest of the days covered by this salary slip (01-Aug-15 to 13-Aug-15) fall outside the 12 month period.

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks sushdmehta

Don't you think that I have to show my 12 months earning regardless when and how many weeks I worked.
exp if I have received my 1st payslip on 9sep2014 and the last one I will receive on 8sep2015.

Even tax office calculate one year tax from 6april- 5april.

Because as per visa application I have to show that how much I have earned or got transfered in my account in one year(365 days) period. and the dates I have mentioned are covering 365 days.

Many Thanks

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi can someone pls help me reg. my previous query pls..

thanks in advance!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 am

Suggest that you read the Tier 1 settlement guidance carefully.

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 pm

hi
just wanted to check that the following are acceptable as cohabitation proof pls

I am applying along with my wife and this is what we have got

1. Full 2 year joint account bank statement which is stamped and signed by the bank.
2.Letter from my landlord confirming that we both have been living at this address since jan 2013.
3.My driving license confirming my address and date it was issued.
4.My P60 for the 2014 and 2015 confirming my address.
5.Motor Insurance certificate for 2013,14 and 15 confirming my name and address.
6.My wife has her P60 for the years 2013,2014 and 2015 confirming her address.
7.wife's sole bank account statement from another bank covering the whole period.
8.Doctor surgery letter for my wife
9 .Voter registration letter that has both out names on .

many thanks