ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

atas clearance certificate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chandana.k22
Newly Registered

Post by chandana.k22 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:55 am

Hi there... i ve been waiting for my ATAS clearance from aug 18th. My visa letter states that my course start date is Oct 1st, but since that has surpassed, do i need a revised visa letter in order to apply for visa henceforth once i receive the ATAS?? Pls reply asap cz i am thoroughly confused....

ammasathish
Newly Registered

hi chandana

Post by ammasathish » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm

u should ask for a extension letter from university stating that u haven't got atas well on time and permit you to join later.. u can apply for visa only after u get that extension letter. so do hurry up and get a extension letter from the university.. all the best.. hope atleast u go

chandana.k22
Newly Registered

Post by chandana.k22 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

thank you very much for your wishes man. I have requested for extension. Hope i get this ATAS before that extended period ends!!

chandana.k22
Newly Registered

Post by chandana.k22 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:33 am

a battle won, after all!
Finally, i received the ATAS last night after three months! Thank you all for your support and good luck to all of u.

Anwesha1330
Newly Registered

ATAS Clearance

Post by Anwesha1330 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 am

Hii..

I am Anwesha Das. I appiled my ATAS certificate on 25th May 2012. I have few queries regarding this. ATAS required two reference adresses. What if incase my one of the referee forgot to fill it. How important recomendation is to ATAS. My university referee is different from ATAS referee. Will it be any problem ? I heard ATAS clearance also get rejected due miss information what kind of miss- information leads an application to refusal. In the application they asked us to describe us about our previous study description, published paper description within 200 character which next to impossible. Somehow I managed to do that. Will these shorten information leave any effect on my application. I have applied ATAS for two universities. Approx how many days it will take to get my certificate.

I applying this for first time so dont have any idea about it reason I asked so many question. Please do help. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Sincerely
Anwesha Das
India

mansan5
Newly Registered

ATAS Clearance

Post by mansan5 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi Anwesha,

I am about to submit the ATAS form.
I have a query regarding the "Financial Sponsors" section of the ATAS application.
In this section, there is no field asking whether the applicant is sponsoring his education himself or whether he is depending on a sponsor. It directly asks you to add a sponsor.

Since I will be financing my education myself, I was wondering what I should fill in this section. Could you please let me know what you have mentioned in this Financial Sponsors section?

Anwesha1330
Newly Registered

Re: ATAS Clearance

Post by Anwesha1330 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:09 am

[quote="mansan5"]Hi Anwesha,

I am about to submit the ATAS form.
I have a query regarding the "Financial Sponsors" section of the ATAS application.
In this section, there is no field asking whether the applicant is sponsoring his education himself or whether he is depending on a sponsor. It directly asks you to add a sponsor.

Since I will be financing my education myself, I was wondering what I should fill in this section. Could you please let me know what you have mentioned in this Financial Sponsors section?[/quote]

Hiii..

You just have to write "Self- Funding" on the sponsor column and you address and country as it mandatory. And also write "not applicable" or -NA- in the condition of the sponsor organization as this is also mandatory to fill. Hope this will help you..

All the best and Good Luck

Anwesha

mansan5
Newly Registered

ATAS Clearance

Post by mansan5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 pm

@Anwesha:
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Wish you too all the best!

asssad
Newly Registered

ATAS Declined

Post by asssad » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 am

I applied for ATAS on 11th May, 2012 and waited hell for that.... involved university international office. they pro-actively handled this issue.

On 25th June, 2012, I received an email from ATAS team that my ATAS has been rejected. They did not specify any reason for that :(

At the moment, I don't know what to do? can anyone help?

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:21 am

Guys anyone knows about percentage of rejection by ATAS?! and If someone rejected first time, by applying again do you have any chance of getting it?! I have applied on 16 July and I am worried about my result. will having a scholarship helps the situation or worsening it?! and the final question, what is the procedure of appeal, if there is any!

ko950830
Newly Registered

atas clearance certificate

Post by ko950830 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi,

I thought the financial sponsors section is only for the scholars, so I just put N/A in the slots instead of self-funding....

Is this acceptable or should I make a change???

v_verma
Newly Registered

Re: atas clearance certificate

Post by v_verma » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:18 pm

I have to apply for tier 4 visa and have applied for atas on 5 july. How can i check some status or contact them as it is already more than 30 days.. as u know without this i cannot apply for my visa..???