ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Treatment for my pregnant HSMP Dependant Wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ideal
Newly Registered

Post by Ideal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:59 am

Dear Friends,

My wife is here on dependant visa and is three month pregnant. She is registered with a GP. Last week we had to go to a hospital for her first scanning. Somehow they missed it but surprisingly got a phone call from the hospital to provide them proof that she is eligible for NHS treatment otherwise I'll have to pay. They have asked me to bring my salary slips, my prrof for living here, P60s, passports, wedding certificates etc etc. I wonder if it is a normal thing? Keeping in mind we both have NHS medical card. Isn't the card enough proof? Please enlighten me on this.

Very many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:00 pm

An NHS card isn't proof, because they don't expire. So, for example, mine was issued in 1977, when I was born.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Her visa is proof enough.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Ideal
Newly Registered

Post by Ideal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:34 pm

Many thanks to everyone. We had an interview kind of thing and everything is alright now.

>>Her visa is proof enough.
Her visa wasn't enough proof as I was told by the interviewer that on her own she is eligible for NHS but for extended care like her pregnancy she must be here over a year. So as I'm here over a year and being as a dependant she is eligible.

We had to provide our visas, wedding cerftificate and my P60.

Again many thanks.