ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Refused due to overstay :(.. Whats Next??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:34 pm

I think Amanda would take great exception to that comment!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:00 pm

No, Amanda would agree - going directly to a barrister who advertises in a paper raises a lot of flashing red lights!

All my work comes via solicitors and immigration consultants, I don't do direct access work at all.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:02 pm

I know several barristers who are employed at immigration firms, such as the IAS. Nothing dodgy about that!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Nothing dodgy about that at all - but they don't usually advertise personally in newspapers in the way set out by the OP.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:36 pm

This is true.

I had thought that the rules had changed and that it was now possible for an individual to approach a barrister?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:58 pm

Only under certain, very limited, circumstances.

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:33 pm

Hey Soz people!!!

The Barrister I was referring to was advertised in an Asian Weekly Newspaper. I didnt take his advice coz it was a bit too far fetched. He offered me a passage to India without my passport. He called me every week, till I said, Sorry mate, but i'd rather go to the Indian Consulate, an act which he didnt approve..

I was gathering docs for the appeal... neways can anyone explain the appeal process!!!

Thanks

vinny

Re: Spouse Visa Refused due to overstay :(.. Whats Next??

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 pm

awesomeadil wrote: I was gathering docs for the appeal... neways can anyone explain the appeal process!!!
See also Appeals.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:25 pm

Thanks Vinny,
That did explain me about the appeal process

I have the following docs,

1. All letters from Keele University before joining
2. Evidence of Accomodation in the University
3. Transcripts of my exams for the first year (To Prove I didnt get the visa by deception)
4. Copy of my emergency passport
5. Landing Slip Dated 15th July (To proves I left within four days of recieving official paperwork)
6. Invoices from Amazon.co.uk stating my addresses from 2002 -2006
7. Bank Statement from RBS in my last address in the UK

I will write a letter referencing all the documents, I will also take full responsibility of my action of overstaying.

Anything else i need.. pls advice

lacey
Newly Registered

Post by lacey » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:09 am

hi guys so sorry to hear about your situation i am in the exact same posittion with my partner he came here on a student visa and has now overtsayed 2 years. we went to a lawyer in london who deals with many of these cases and she advised us to get married in an anglican chruch where they do not ask for proof of i.d to get married as long as they think the relationship is reall. we are then going to apply for a marriage visa here. all this sounds very scary and after reading about your experinces i am so worried he will not qualify. how long have you been with your partner

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:54 am

I have been with my partner since 2003... that is close to five years now.. I think you should tread very carefully as this can cause a lot of distress

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:13 pm

Documents and other sundries sent for appeal!!! Fingers crossed!!! Either way Im heading towards Dubai