ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Please!! Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amberbadam
Newly Registered

Help Please!! Schengen Visa

Post by amberbadam » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:21 am

Hi,
I'm an Indian , working in the UK on HSMP.I wish to apply for a short stay schengen Visa , as my destination country happens to be Nether lands. I'm supposed to be in Nether lands by 15th of August but unfortunately I got an appointment with embassy on 10th of September.

Could any one , help me in this regard please.do we any other go.

Thank you,
Amber Kumar

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Help Please!! Schengen Visa

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:24 am

amberbadam wrote:Hi,
I'm an Indian , working in the UK on HSMP.I wish to apply for a short stay schengen Visa , as my destination country happens to be Nether lands. I'm supposed to be in Nether lands by 15th of August but unfortunately I got an appointment with embassy on 10th of September.

Could any one , help me in this regard please.do we any other go.

Thank you,
Amber Kumar
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way you can get a visa by Aug 15th. For Schengen visas, you are actually able to apply to other Schengen country embassies, as the visa is valid for all Schengen countries. E.g. if you wanted to go to Schengen country A for 10 days and will be travelling via Schengen country B, you can apply to either country for the visa, or you can sometimes apply to country B without travelling there, and just go to country A as planned.

The problem you have is, 1. some Schengen countries might require evidence of travel, and 2. there is little chance of getting an appointment in 10 days. Try the less busy Schengen country embassies and see when their next appointments are, or try a company that arranges visas. I don't have names, but just do a search for 'schengen visas UK' for companies here.

Unfortunately, this is what happens with visa nationals. You normally would have to book the appointment before the holiday. So it seems that you might miss your booking.

amberbadam
Newly Registered

Post by amberbadam » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:44 am

Than you very much for the quick response.

so you mean to say that, I can apply for a schengen visa at belgium embassy and fly to Nether Lands. Wouldn't that be aproblem , if i'm asked at the immigration in the Nether Lands.

Kindly assits me.

Warm Regards,
Amber Kumar

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:52 am

amberbadam wrote:Than you very much for the quick response.

so you mean to say that, I can apply for a schengen visa at belgium embassy and fly to Nether Lands. Wouldn't that be aproblem , if i'm asked at the immigration in the Nether Lands.

Kindly assits me.

Warm Regards,
Amber Kumar
U can, but they don't like it. I've heard that u might have a problem with subsequent schengen visa apps. The issuing consulate wants your Tourist Euros....

In any case they all seem to be totally booked up, but if u live outside London, try a postal app to the French embassy.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:07 pm

amberbadam wrote:Than you very much for the quick response.

Kindly assits me.

Warm Regards,
Amber Kumar
You can use the Schengen visa for all Schengen countries irrespective of which country issued it. What I'm pointing out is that some embassies require you to show proof of visiting the country before issuing you the visa. So, e.g. you choose to get the visa at the French embassy, but they might ask you to show proof of flight and accommodation, which is obviously not good to you because you don't want to go to France!

So, you should check with the embassies and what evidence they require with your application.

Does the French embassy accept postal applications?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:30 pm

sakura wrote:Does the French embassy accept postal applications?
Does if u live outside London. Otherwise it's the usual 15 quid 0906 number....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Shan12

Post by Shan12 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Most schengen countries expect that if you appy for a schengen visa from them that they are the first country of entrance or your main destination. they will require proof of this in the form of travel arrangements to and from their country, accomodation and bank account details to show you have sufficient funds for the duration of your trip.

Your best bet would be to try one of the schengen visa companies as they have block bookings with the various embassies and consulates.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm

<<Moving Post to HSMP Forum>>
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 pm

Hehe! It works only for me. :wink:
Jabi

clairey

Post by clairey » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:26 pm

sakura wrote:
Does the French embassy accept postal applications?

Does if u live outside London. Otherwise it's the usual 15 quid 0906 number....
Not strictly true - you can only apply to the French Consulate by post if you live in these counties:

Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Staffordshire
Cleveland
Tyne & Wear
Cornwall
Isle of Wight
Yorkshire (North/South/West)
Cumbria
Jersey
Wales (all counties
Derbyshire
Lancashire
Guernsey
Devon
Mersyside
Shropshire
Durham
Northern Ireland
Gibraltar
Northumberland

If your county is not listed above, your application will be returned to you without being processed and you will be invited to book an appointment and attend the Visa Section to book an appointment.

You'll notice that if you live in the Home Counties or East Anglia, you are still expected to apply in person. If you live in Scotland or the Isle of Man, you apply to the Consulate in Edinburgh.