ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vallae14
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by vallae14 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:49 pm

From this "current trend" BRP applicants should get their approvals from next month to October. A true indication will be when the first BRP applicant gets an approval.

bura

Post by bura » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:43 pm

guys add your timeline to the spreadsheet in the link for analysis

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 am

Hi all members

By the grace of all mighty Allah I received my approval today 6 august dated 3rd august
Was applied myself 1 April 2015
Thanks God millions time you blessed me allot and my painful waiting game is over
Now it's time to submit my wife application
Thanks to all member too
And good luck for those whose still waiting

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:06 am

It seems their speed of approvals is about 1 day per month.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:59 am

Congrats Miangee.. Did you apply on Tier 1 G + ILR basis?

Miangee wrote:Hi all members

By the grace of all mighty Allah I received my approval today 6 august dated 3rd august
Was applied myself 1 April 2015
Thanks God millions time you blessed me allot and my painful waiting game is over
Now it's time to submit my wife application
Thanks to all member too
And good luck for those whose still waiting

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:13 pm

I have applied on 10 years + 1 years ILR

I have received home office letter saying your application has been approved with all my original documents and its mentioned on letter if you did not get your invitation letter in two weeks just email on address.

I have check with my local council they dont have my Certificate yet

Just want to know may I get one more letter from home office and then i can book the ceremony and how long it takes that letter of invitation to come any one explain plz

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:46 pm

[quote="Miangee"]I have applied on 10 years + 1 years ILR

I have received home office letter saying your application has been approved with all my original documents and its mentioned on letter if you did not get your invitation letter in two weeks just email on address.

I have check with my local council they dont have my Certificate yet

Just want to know may I get one more letter from home office and then i can book the ceremony and how long it takes that letter of invitation to come any one explain plz[/quote]

It's written in your letter. You will receive your invitation letter in 2 weeks. If not you need to call HO. Numbers are given in your letter.
Iam sorry but what is so difficult to not understand what that letter says?! I had the same letter, waited 2 weeks then called HO. They sent it to me. Called the number and book appt what it's in the invitation letter. Simple...

redkey
Newly Registered

Post by redkey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi, a valuable board which has provided much reassurance and guidelines. As such wish to contribute back by adding our timeline

Eligibility criteria: Spouse 3 Years
Number of applicants: 1
Language criteria met: B1 English
Method of application: Direct
Council name if NCS used: No
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Application received by HO: 02/04/2015
Payment method: CC
Payment taken: 17/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 21/04/2015
Date of extra docs request: 20/07/2015 (dated 15/07)
Date approval received: 8th Aug 2015
Date of ceremony: Waiting

For anyone searching
extra document request provided no contact details other than website and generic phone. This board provided the email addresses. Still they said 5 days to contact and they took 5 days to contact.
We provided a special delivery envelope and everything (documents + approval letter) was in that envelope.

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 pm

redkey wrote:Hi, a valuable board which has provided much reassurance and guidelines. As such wish to contribute back by adding our timeline

Eligibility criteria: Spouse 3 Years
Number of applicants: 1
Language criteria met: B1 English
Method of application: Direct
Council name if NCS used: No
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Application received by HO: 02/04/2015
Payment method: CC
Payment taken: 17/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 21/04/2015
Date of extra docs request: 20/07/2015 (dated 15/07)
Date approval received: 8th Aug 2015
Date of ceremony: Waiting

For anyone searching
extra document request provided no contact details other than website and generic phone. This board provided the email addresses. Still they said 5 days to contact and they took 5 days to contact.
We provided a special delivery envelope and everything (documents + approval letter) was in that envelope.
Congrats! What extra documents were requested and why?

redkey
Newly Registered

Post by redkey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Expired passport period. Discussed alternatives given no job, very understanding person (guess got lucky)

bay_girl2
Newly Registered

Post by bay_girl2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:24 am

Can you pass on the email address you used? I have emailed the generic address 3 times now requesting the return of my passport/documents and have had no response to them.

bhail256
Newly Registered

Post by bhail256 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:11 pm

bhail256 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General 5 years + ILR 1 year
Language criteria met: USA - Bachelors degree
Current nationality: Srilankan
Method of application: NCS
Council name - NCS: Barnet/Brent
Date of application: 31/03/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Never Found Out
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/04/2015
Date of acknowledgement:20/04/2015 - Letter Received 24/04/2015
Date approval received: 23/07/2015 [Checked 10/08/2015]
Date of ceremony: Booked for 08/09/2015

Thank You and Good Luck All

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:15 pm

very quite..no brownies today..

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 am

Home Office seems to be completely uninterested in post-biometric applications. The first April application in this thread was approved almost a month ago- on 16 July. And since then, there has been zero progress as far as biometric cases are concerned... :(

Given that they have 95% target of considering cases within 6 months, I wonder how on earth they are going to meet it.

spikey

Post by spikey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:35 am

ukswus wrote:Home Office seems to be completely uninterested in post-biometric applications. The first April application in this thread was approved almost a month ago- on 16 July. And since then, there has been zero progress as far as biometric cases are concerned... :(

Given that they have 95% target of considering cases within 6 months, I wonder how on earth they are going to meet it.

May be Bulk approvals comming soon.
Home office may use below
Ctrl +A + Approve All :wink:

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:39 am

spikey wrote:
ukswus wrote:Home Office seems to be completely uninterested in post-biometric applications. The first April application in this thread was approved almost a month ago- on 16 July. And since then, there has been zero progress as far as biometric cases are concerned... :(

May be Bulk approvals comming soon.
Home office may use below
Ctrl +A + Approve All :wink:

Haha. FAT chance!

In fact, its even worse than uksws makes out. We had a 27th March applicant get approval on 18 May, almost 3 months ago! Since then, we have progressed less than a week and reached the dizzy heights of 2 April.

I'm beginning to think that my original hypothesis of some kind of technical problem was on the money.

My worry is that they'll "give up" on doing the April applications within 6 months as a lost cause and skip onto May which they can realistically do within the 6 months, leaving us in the "backlog" pile to be dealt with "when they have time".

But nevertheless, neurosis aside, I'm sticking with my original guess of a few lucky ones getting results by the end of the month and the bulk of us getting something in September (with some unlucky stragglers - probably including us - waiting until October and beyond).

bay_girl2
Newly Registered

Post by bay_girl2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 am

Hey all, again, I am desperate to get my documents, particularly my passport back. Any contact numbers or emails would be greatly appreciated as I've had zero response to the three emails I sent to the generic email address!!

usman81

Post by usman81 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:09 pm

FireballXL5 wrote: Haha. FAT chance!
In fact, its even worse than uksws makes out. We had a 27th March applicant get approval on 18 May, almost 3 months ago! Since then, we have progressed less than a week and reached the dizzy heights of 2 April.

I'm beginning to think that my original hypothesis of some kind of technical problem was on the money.

My worry is that they'll "give up" on doing the April applications within 6 months as a lost cause and skip onto May which they can realistically do within the 6 months, leaving us in the "backlog" pile to be dealt with "when they have time".

But nevertheless, neurosis aside, I'm sticking with my original guess of a few lucky ones getting results by the end of the month and the bulk of us getting something in September (with some unlucky stragglers - probably including us - waiting until October and beyond).
27th march applicant getting response 3 months before was one off same way as you are speculating some of post april 6 ones getting response this month before loads of us start seeing brownies. Don't forget that only march saw an application boost of 12000 stacking up...

I expect a huge surge in responses by the end of this month... nevertheless poor job by HO
I am no one only GOD knows the best

redkey
Newly Registered

Post by redkey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:18 pm

bay_girl2 wrote:Hey all, again, I am desperate to get my documents, particularly my passport back. Any contact numbers or emails would be greatly appreciated as I've had zero response to the three emails I sent to the generic email address!!
Sorry but did you try this page ? https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned for requesting (https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml) and contacting if not received (https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml) ?

The emails I used were the generic ones, and I got a generic reply back saying it would be forwarded to the correct department.
A test email I sent earlier to verify the address, never got a reply. So I guess they have a manual or automatic filters operating.

In the email subject I put the reference number, the applicant surname, and the case handler name.

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk : this is for citizenship enquiries
- I believe this is the email you get after writing to the first email ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

If you are not receiving any replies I'd check the Spam or junk folders. At the minumum you should get some automated reply.

bay_girl2
Newly Registered

Post by bay_girl2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Thank you so so much redkey! I cannot believe how little information is included in the Application process!

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Hy guys anyone get approvel with biometric ???

theflare_007
Newly Registered

Post by theflare_007 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:52 pm

such bullshit organization, no one who did biometric head anything yet. Damn it. whats the point of we stupids paying millions of pounds and for what kind of service...

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm

brown envelop was delivered today but was from HMRC :@

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 am

Looks like the Home Office is now quite ashamed of its own performance:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 036220.pdf

1. Could you please provide date of April- June 2015 naturalisation data release.

"We do hold the information you have requested for the period April – June 2015, but as it will
not be published into the public domain until later this year, we are unable to provide it.
In answer to the question, I can confirm that the Home Office holds the information that you
requested. However, after careful consideration we have decided that the information is
exempt from disclosure under section 36(2)(c) of the Freedom of Information Act. This
provides that information can be withheld where disclosure would prejudice the effective
conduct of public affairs and the public interest falls in favour of applying the exemption."

In the past, they provided it without objections, as far as I remember.

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 am

In the past, they provided it without objections, as far as I remember.
No they haven't. FOI request will most likely only be successful if you are asking for stats which have already been published in public domain.

You can see the migration statistics currently available here - https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... statistics

As you can see from that list HO only publishes these stats at regular time intervals.

I don't understand why people keep asking for these stats and waste HO time. You will get your approval/refusal when you get it, there is no way to speed up this process unfortunately.
Received by HO : 02-04-2015
Fee deducted : 22-04-2015
Acknowledgment Email: 23-04-2015
Approval Letter : 10-10-2015