ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Started New Ltd. co. Can I get employee from abroad

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajayjain

Started New Ltd. co. Can I get employee from abroad

Post by ajayjain » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi,

I have recently started my own ltd. co.
It is IT consulting co.
Can I get somebody in from Asia,
will i get the work permit easily as i have recently started my co.

Thanks

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:33 pm

It's harder for a new company.

The most important thing, though, is the job. You need to meet the work permit rules.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:35 pm

As an employer I can tell you it's very, very difficult even with a well established company.

Why do you believe you cannot fill the vacancy with someone from here? Or was your sole motivation in setting up the company to bring someone over?

ajayjain

WP

Post by ajayjain » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:32 pm

OL7MAX wrote:As an employer I can tell you it's very, very difficult even with a well established company.

Why do you believe you cannot fill the vacancy with someone from here? Or was your sole motivation in setting up the company to bring someone over?
not at all, I am working as a contractor from the last 5 months, because
i am getting some more work as i am really very cheap and I will not be able to get someone here at the price i am taking with my client and i do not want any trainee.
anyway, I am happy what I am doing, does not matter if i cannot get extra manpower.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Cheap is not the reason on which the HO would allow you to import labour.

Rosey
Newly Registered

Post by Rosey » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:57 pm

They need to see your company's last year audited accounts. Lease of your company and many, many docs. Its better to consult with your solicitor.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 pm

ajayjain wrote:i am getting some more work as i am really very cheap and I will not be able to get someone here at the price i am taking with my client and i do not want any trainee
You have to pay at least the going rate for the job to get a work permit. If you can't get someone here because you are only willing to pay low wages, why should the government give you a work permit to pay someone from Asia at the wages you are willing to pay? Why should someone emmigrate to get a rubbish wage from you?

Pay a decent wage for the job and you should get someone already in the UK or EEA.

I hope you think twice about what you are planning to do.