ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SSR for Father entry/exit stamps Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santanu
Newly Registered

SSR for Father entry/exit stamps Ireland

Post by santanu » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi,

I am a british citizen and am trying to get my non- EEA father a EEA FP via SSR. To this end I have moved to ireland with my father. The plan is that my wife will continue working in UK until I settle down here. However on my wife's last visit she did not get an entry/exit stamp infact there was no check at all. How will UKBA know if she is in the UK or in Ireland.

On the same point I also did not get an entry stamp when I first came to Dublin, how is UKBA going to know when I first entered? What do I need to provide as evidence regarding the date that I started to exercise my rights as an EEA citizen.

If someone could answer this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

seekingadvice87

Re: SSR for Father entry/exit stamps Ireland

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:22 am

Hi,

If you provide a ticket which shows the date you arrived in Ireland, that's one proof of the very day. :)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:26 pm

santanu wrote:What do I need to provide as evidence regarding the date that I started to exercise my rights as an EEA citizen.
Ireland is a part of the Common Travel Area and travel within the CTA is treated as purely domestic travel, hence the lack of passport stamps.

You do not exercise treaty rights by arriving in Ireland. You exercise travel rights by either working or seeking work or studying in Ireland. The proof of that is what triggers treaty rights.

The first post of this thread gives a good step-by-step guide on exercising treaty rights in Ireland.

santanu
Newly Registered

Post by santanu » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks for the replies chaps just one more question does my wife really need to be with me in Ireland or can I just have my father there with me?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:41 pm

For the SSR route to work, you need to demonstrate that you have moved the "center of your life" from the UK to another EEA country. If the UKV&I are aware that you are married (for instance if she or you were on a spouse visa), they will certainly question whether the "center of your life" has really moved if your wife has not accompanied you.