ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-apply EEA2&EEA1 joint application, asking for help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nina Roche
China

Re-apply EEA2&EEA1 joint application, asking for help

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:44 pm

I have just re-applied EEA2, joint application with EEA1 for my husband, after a very frustrating experience with our first joint application (EEA1 & EEA2) returned. Now I'm extremely worried that something is wrong again, and felt helpless, asking for help about what I can do in this forum. I did everything right but shxx still happened... and I really need some help on our ongoing application.

Our background: My husband, who is a French national, is employed with permanent contract by a UK company and started working in London/UK in June 2015. I'm a Chinese and worked in Paris in the past and looking for a job in London as we moved here in June.

First application experience:
16 June 2015, submitted EEA2 & EEA1 .
26th June, I received a letter from Home office dated 23th June, which says that my application was incomplete due to declaration section of the application form (Biometric section) not being signed, and requested me to send back a document with my signature signed.
I immediately signed the document as requested along with a cover letter, and post them back on 27th June through Special Delivery by Royal Mail. It is shown in http://www.postoffice.co.uk/track-trace that our post was delivered on 29th June 2015. We have Proof of delivery.
As I did not receive a COA letter about a month after I sent all documents required but I urgently need it to prove my potential employer my right to work, I tried to call 03001232253 multiple times, being told "everything is fine about your application", "wait and be patient".
28th July 2015, however, Home office rejected and returned my application for the reason that they did not receive the information requested (My signature). I could not understand why Home Office says so, as it is received by Home Office according to UK Post Office.
Moreover, after thoroughly checked my first application form that was returned and for which Home Office stated that I did not sign the declaration section in the form, I found out I actually DID SIGN declaration section in the first place, along with all other signatures required. Signature is just big, right there! I have made no mistake in the first place and second place. They just could say so....

I can't describe how frustrating I was. Not only with what happened, but also my career is at stake. My previous EEA FP expired recently. I've passed a job interview and HR then asked me proof of my working status I explained as much as I could but do not have a COA letter to show. They haven't come back to me since.

Now I'm in another several recruiting process, and I'm extremely worried if I don't have a COA letter soon.... All my effort ...

Second Application

August 1st, Submitted application (EEA2& EEA1)
August 4th, received.
August 5th, only one payment withdrawn from our bank account!, which is the same account.
------
I just thought something might be wrong....
I'm so anxious about something is wrong after our first experience. I also found some cases in internet that they returned application because they can't withdraw money but actually there is nothing wrong with bank account.
I'm so afraid. Anything seems could happen. What can I do? The call number 03001232253 is basically useless. Because people who pick our call told us they are just advisers. They can't contact Home Office. How can I in any way contact with them? To avoid random mistakes on their side... I can't imagine another 2-3 month just to know that they made some mistakes then I have to re-apply again. I can't lose my job opportunity because of that again... (maybe life will teach, yes, you can... if you have to ...) I felt helpless. This is exhausting...
Please I'd appreciate if you have any advice.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Re-apply EEA2&EEA1 joint application, asking for help

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:11 pm

That's just ridiculous . Complain and get your first application fees back . Why should you give them money when you have done nothing wrong . ?

Thank you.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:36 pm

I know exactly how you feel as the UKVI mishandled my firat application because of internal miscommunication from their charging team. You should call or write to them as it had happend to me that they have overlooked that they were suppose to charge/process two payment pages. They are mindless robots who are not used to handling two applications enclosed in one envelope..

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:41 pm

BTW, write a complaint at complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
aI opted to use postal order on my second account simoly because I don't trust their competence to charge my application fee even if it caused me an extra £16 for two £65.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:45 pm

This is simply unacceptable. However, you have two choices, apply again or appeal. However, I believe that if you apply again, you might get it faster compared to appeal. Again appeal would mean, getting a solicitor to prepare your case. More money. Judicial review may take awful long time. May be make a fresh application and highlight the mistake made by HO.

Now about employment, you can just share this link to your employer: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk. Note that you are not obliged to apply for EEA2. Family Permit indicates you are a spouse of an EEA national and have rights to work in this country. EEA2 just puts that in words on your passport and nothing more. I was in a same state as you are a few years back and convinced my employer (HR) to contact HO to verify my status. Only thing HO suggested them was to:

1) Keep Front and Back copy of my Passport
2) Keep copy of the Family Permit
3) Copy of the marriage certificate

Give it a go. And in the meantime reapply again.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Nina Roche wrote:I have just re-applied EEA2, joint application with EEA1 for my husband, after a very frustrating experience with our first joint application (EEA1 & EEA2) returned. Now I'm extremely worried that something is wrong again, and felt helpless, asking for help about what I can do in this forum. I did everything right but shxx still happened... and I really need some help on our ongoing application.

Our background: My husband, who is a French national, is employed with permanent contract by a UK company and started working in London/UK in June 2015. I'm a Chinese and worked in Paris in the past and looking for a job in London as we moved here in June.

First application experience:
16 June 2015, submitted EEA2 & EEA1 .
26th June, I received a letter from Home office dated 23th June, which says that my application was incomplete due to declaration section of the application form (Biometric section) not being signed, and requested me to send back a document with my signature signed.
I immediately signed the document as requested along with a cover letter, and post them back on 27th June through Special Delivery by Royal Mail. It is shown in http://www.postoffice.co.uk/track-trace that our post was delivered on 29th June 2015. We have Proof of delivery.
As I did not receive a COA letter about a month after I sent all documents required but I urgently need it to prove my potential employer my right to work, I tried to call 03001232253 multiple times, being told "everything is fine about your application", "wait and be patient".
28th July 2015, however, Home office rejected and returned my application for the reason that they did not receive the information requested (My signature). I could not understand why Home Office says so, as it is received by Home Office according to UK Post Office.
Moreover, after thoroughly checked my first application form that was returned and for which Home Office stated that I did not sign the declaration section in the form, I found out I actually DID SIGN declaration section in the first place, along with all other signatures required. Signature is just big, right there! I have made no mistake in the first place and second place. They just could say so....

I can't describe how frustrating I was. Not only with what happened, but also my career is at stake. My previous EEA FP expired recently. I've passed a job interview and HR then asked me proof of my working status I explained as much as I could but do not have a COA letter to show. They haven't come back to me since.

Now I'm in another several recruiting process, and I'm extremely worried if I don't have a COA letter soon.... All my effort ...

Second Application

August 1st, Submitted application (EEA2& EEA1)
August 4th, received.
August 5th, only one payment withdrawn from our bank account!, which is the same account.
------
I just thought something might be wrong....
I'm so anxious about something is wrong after our first experience. I also found some cases in internet that they returned application because they can't withdraw money but actually there is nothing wrong with bank account.
I'm so afraid. Anything seems could happen. What can I do? The call number 03001232253 is basically useless. Because people who pick our call told us they are just advisers. They can't contact Home Office. How can I in any way contact with them? To avoid random mistakes on their side... I can't imagine another 2-3 month just to know that they made some mistakes then I have to re-apply again. I can't lose my job opportunity because of that again... (maybe life will teach, yes, you can... if you have to ...) I felt helpless. This is exhausting...
Please I'd appreciate if you have any advice.
Dont waste time and ask for you documents back and apply again, they did the same to us they took only 65 pounds and rejected the application a month later stating that there were not enough funds in our joint account !!
It has been happening to so many people, I think they trying to cause us some kind of psychological damage by overstressing anyone who applies.
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Try to send a postal order with your new application , that's the safest way of do8ng it ! (Yn)
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:12 pm

aurora77 wrote:I know exactly how you feel as the UKVI mishandled my firat application because of internal miscommunication from their charging team. You should call or write to them as it had happend to me that they have overlooked that they were suppose to charge/process two payment pages. They are mindless robots who are not used to handling two applications enclosed in one envelope..
Aurora, thank you a lot for your answer. It is really just a long... long nightmare...
Is the call number you mentioned 03001232253 ? In my first application experience, hey told me they are just advisers, answering general inquiry, and do not check individual cases. Is there any other call I can reach?
Complaints@ email I had tried, there seems no response or at least I did not have any response after more than a week
Is there an effective I can really reach them to give them a message that they did not take both payment. Fix problem at this stage?
Or I have to wait for another one month that they return everything back again... and re-apply ?

I didn't know postal order you mentioned, I'm going to investigate to know how it works. I do not mind 16 pounds extra, if it can save my heart from suffering everyday. Thank you again!

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:19 pm

liquidweb wrote:This is simply unacceptable. However, you have two choices, apply again or appeal. However, I believe that if you apply again, you might get it faster compared to appeal. Again appeal would mean, getting a solicitor to prepare your case. More money. Judicial review may take awful long time. May be make a fresh application and highlight the mistake made by HO.

Now about employment, you can just share this link to your employer: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk. Note that you are not obliged to apply for EEA2. Family Permit indicates you are a spouse of an EEA national and have rights to work in this country. EEA2 just puts that in words on your passport and nothing more. I was in a same state as you are a few years back and convinced my employer (HR) to contact HO to verify my status. Only thing HO suggested them was to:

1) Keep Front and Back copy of my Passport
2) Keep copy of the Family Permit
3) Copy of the marriage certificate

Give it a go. And in the meantime reapply again.

Thank you liquidweb for your answer! Have follow questions:
You mentioned to ask HR to contact HO to verify your status. What number should he call ?
In addition, my previous Family Permit (six month one) has already expired. So it's heard expired one is not useful....

I have already re-applied, as I have no other choice. And this is happening on second time, only one payment withdrawn... I'm now super afraid something might be wrong again. And want to contact them to let them know they only withdraw one payment but have no way to really reach them....

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:27 pm

alex1128 wrote:
Dont waste time and ask for you documents back and apply again, they did the same to us they took only 65 pounds and rejected the application a month later stating that there were not enough funds in our joint account !!
It has been happening to so many people, I think they trying to cause us some kind of psychological damage by overstressing anyone who applies.
Thanks a lot Alex !
My heart is contracting when I read your experience. That would be the second mishandling for us if it... . I don't know how many times I have to be tortured by them... It is in a way inhumane...
Did they contact you in any way to ask you to fix this? They really did not think... not enough funds ---- 65 pounds...
I maybe wait for another week if I don't have any news, and I probably have no other choice to ask my documents back rather than wait for a month or several months... and send them again... I'm really speechless....

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:45 pm

The only time I had contact directly to the caseworker was whrn I sent a post containing my written complaint about their error in charging ang my bank statement as proof of that charge. The name and address I used was on the application cancelled letter thay accompanied the returned application pack.

Regarding the postal order, go to the post office and ask for a postal order for two £65 so that's £130 + £16 fee = £146 and don't forget to write your names at the back with your birthdate to indicate which is which and include it to ur application.

Yup, that is the same number I called them but I finally talked to an agent who was so helpful to have someone look at my application but unfortunately there was still a mess uo in the end. Just tell them that only one payment page was processed and they have overlooked tgat there were two applications in the envelope..

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:39 am

aurora77 wrote:The only time I had contact directly to the caseworker was whrn I sent a post containing my written complaint about their error in charging ang my bank statement as proof of that charge. The name and address I used was on the application cancelled letter thay accompanied the returned application pack.

Regarding the postal order, go to the post office and ask for a postal order for two £65 so that's £130 + £16 fee = £146 and don't forget to write your names at the back with your birthdate to indicate which is which and include it to ur application.

Yup, that is the same number I called them but I finally talked to an agent who was so helpful to have someone look at my application but unfortunately there was still a mess uo in the end. Just tell them that only one payment page was processed and they have overlooked tgat there were two applications in the envelope..
Thanks a lot aurora, that was very helpful. I'll contact them and then see whether I can use postal order now as they only withdraw one.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:25 pm

I have called them, they say wait...
Nothing but wait. I said I waited two months for my first application, but they went horribly wrong. I'd wait if I can trust them to do their job appropriately... Why can't they being human to check in case payment was missed.
It is going to be two weeks tomorrow since I submitted them. Now no acknowledge email or letter, only one payment withdrawn still... nothing...